• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Questions to the Board

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

traceyhibs

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Will keep a watch on this and will collate all the questions - thank you

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
When is the next board meeting scheduled for?

Jamie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
We just had one on Tuesday and next one will now be Tuesday 26th February 2019
So that's quite interesting, it doesn't take a board meeting to approve the managerial appointment? It's just done and then you guys get told who it is?

Of course perhaps it was decided on Tuesday ...

Leith1975

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
I’d like to ask if the board are happy with us having so many players on loan. We’ve signed 9 loan players this season, 2 have left. How can we hope to have any continuity with such a massive turnaround in players every season.

Rocky

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
So that's quite interesting, it doesn't take a board meeting to approve the managerial appointment? It's just done and then you guys get told who it is?

Pretty sure the role profile Hibs put up for fans reps said that scheduled board meetings happen once a month on weekday mornings and other meetings will be convened as required in evenings.

traceyhibs

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge

That’s the full board meeting on Tuesday 26th Feb. Have a meeting this afternoon with the Board and we will have these on top of the usual Board Meetings when required.

Central_Hibee

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
That’s the full board meeting on Tuesday 26th Feb. Have a meeting this afternoon with the Board and we will have these on top of the usual Board Meetings when required.
Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation.

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
There is a meeting today re search for new manager. Not sure if it’s a “board meeting “

Greenpower

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.
Is Leanne Dempster and George Craig role last Friday going to be investigated or did senior directors decide there would be nothing to be gained by doing this?

What role did fans directors play in Neil Lennon leaving our club ?

Why is a fan director allowed to stay on the board, when they haven’t been elected ?

Why were we scrambling about at the last minute signing players?

Who authorised that these players are the correct players to improve the team ?

Why is the eTicket system still a shambles?

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
Why is the ticket office separate from Hibs and why do we pay STF 50k a year for it?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Did Frank attend? I would love to have been a fly on the wall of that meeting!

Canon Hannan

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Can you ask if the monies received (or to be received) from the McGinn and Cummings transfers are to be re-invested in the playing squad budget and if so will that be evidenced by the wage budget being increased accordingly. Say for example £3m after VAT to be received should show an approximate £1m extra over the next 3 years on the wage bill.

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel