• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Questions to the Board

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.

Will keep a watch on this and will collate all the questions - thank you

Thanks Tracey, much appreciated.

When is the next board meeting scheduled for?

You may want to use our bookmarks for threads?

Its handy for finding stuff again...

When is the next board meeting scheduled for?

We just had one on Tuesday and next one will now be Tuesday 26th February 2019

So that's quite interesting, it doesn't take a board meeting to approve the managerial appointment? It's just done and then you guys get told who it is?

Of course perhaps it was decided on Tuesday ....

I’d like to ask if the board are happy with us having so many players on loan. We’ve signed 9 loan players this season, 2 have left. How can we hope to have any continuity with such a massive turnaround in players every season.

So that's quite interesting, it doesn't take a board meeting to approve the managerial appointment? It's just done and then you guys get told who it is?

Pretty sure the role profile Hibs put up for fans reps said that scheduled board meetings happen once a month on weekday mornings and other meetings will be convened as required in evenings.

That’s the full board meeting on Tuesday 26th Feb. Have a meeting this afternoon with the Board and we will have these on top of the usual Board Meetings when required.

That’s the full board meeting on Tuesday 26th Feb. Have a meeting this afternoon with the Board and we will have these on top of the usual Board Meetings when required.
Ah ok. Thanks for the explanation.

You may wish to answer the many questions you seem to ignore on this site

There is a meeting today re search for new manager. Not sure if it’s a “board meeting “

I originally posted this on another thread but the more I think about it the more I'd like to hear the board's view on some of these questions. So I thought I'd start a new thread and perhaps others can add questions they'd like answered and I wonder if @traceyhibs would be so kind as to share a collated list (I'm happy to put it together into one list) with her board colleagues? Not expecting point by point answers (although it would be nice) but even some general feedback on these would be welcome, or at least taking our views into account in future club communications?

I think the trouble we have is that there's so much of this cliched 'the board doesn't match the manager's ambition' empty rhetoric that no-one ever asks good questions of the board's performance. Challenges I'd suggest are valid (not saying they're doing a bad job on all of these, just that I think they're valid to ask) include:
  • Are they doing enough to support and promote HSL?
  • Should they be developing a parallel donation stream that's not tarnished by whatever nonsense has been thrown at HSL?
  • What are they doing to minimise off field expenditure to free up more funds for playing staff?
  • What level of cash reserves do we carry and are we too risk averse in that respect?
  • Does HTC truly represent value for money or would renting facilities be more cost effective?
  • What are they doing to attract external 'investment' (donations)?
There are probably others but ironically there's never a sensible discussion about board performance because of the shrillness of the anti-board brigade.
Is Leanne Dempster and George Craig role last Friday going to be investigated or did senior directors decide there would be nothing to be gained by doing this?

What role did fans directors play in Neil Lennon leaving our club ?

Why is a fan director allowed to stay on the board, when they haven’t been elected ?

Why were we scrambling about at the last minute signing players?

Who authorised that these players are the correct players to improve the team ?

Why is the eTicket system still a shambles?

Why is the ticket office separate from Hibs and why do we pay STF 50k a year for it?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Did Frank attend? I would love to have been a fly on the wall of that meeting!

Did Frank attend? I would love to have been a fly on the wall of that meeting!

He did attend

He did attend

Thanks Tracey, dispels another myth eh?

Can you ask if the monies received (or to be received) from the McGinn and Cummings transfers are to be re-invested in the playing squad budget and if so will that be evidenced by the wage budget being increased accordingly. Say for example £3m after VAT to be received should show an approximate £1m extra over the next 3 years on the wage bill.

Thanks Tracey, dispels another myth eh?
What myth is that ?

That Frank has stood down.

Can you ask if the monies received (or to be received) from the McGinn and Cummings transfers are to be re-invested in the playing squad budget and if so will that be evidenced by the wage budget being increased accordingly. Say for example £3m after VAT to be received should show an approximate £1m extra over the next 3 years on the wage bill.

If we did that. We'd need to maintain it beyond. The wage budget should be around guaranteed income.
Transfer fees should be reinvested as transfer fees I think.

So will they be? As we know they weren't included in the books at the last agm.

If we did that. We'd need to maintain it beyond. The wage budget should be around guaranteed income.

Based on posts I've seen before from you I'm sure you've got good constructive questions to add, would be great to get some really challenging stuff from folk that accept reality but also want us to get better.

Think it was his last board meeting

Think it was his last board meeting

Has the February one also then the new rep will have their first board meeting at the end of March

I’d like to ask if the board are happy with us having so many players on loan. We’ve signed 9 loan players this season, 2 have left. How can we hope to have any continuity with such a massive turnaround in players every season.

I agree this is something that concerns me a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree this is something that concerns me a lot.

With all due respect I'm not sure this is the thread for you to contribute. Tracey has had a lot on her plate and has still contributed here and elsewhere over the past couple of years. You've not existed at all between elections as far as Hibs support is concerned.

With all due respect I'm not sure this is the thread for you to contribute. Tracey has had a lot on her plate and has still contributed here and elsewhere over the past couple of years. You've not existed at all between elections as far as Hibs support is concerned.

I agree, I hope you are not using Hibs and our fans as a step in your career?

Is there a list of people standing for supporters rep?

Seems a bit odd to complain I haven't contributed, and also tell me not to contribute in this thread? If you disagree with what I'm saying, I'd be interested in hearing why, but if you just disagree with me voicing my opinion then sorry, not interested.

Not necessarily. After year 3 if there are no further player sales or increased income the wage bill could be reduced accordingly. But at least the transfer monies are used to try and grow the club assuming we don’t spend any money on transfers which we don’t really apart from only £100k on Flo.

Will all due respect that’s outrageous. If admin dont want her to post ban her.

As for Tracey ... comes on here posts disappears and re appears at election time .

And doesn’t answer questions

Seems a bit odd to complain I haven't contributed, and also tell me not to contribute in this thread? If you disagree with what I'm saying, I'd be interested in hearing why, but if you just disagree with me voicing my opinion then sorry, not interested.

Genuinely not interested in your opinion if you only appear at election time, sorry. And I think everyone who knows me would agree I'm a balanced and considerate poster.

As for Tracey ... comes on here posts disappears and re appears at election time .

You could well be making a fair point but post your questions and let's see what happens

I respect you cos you're one of the guys who bumps his gums but is also prepared to come on here and ask some proper questions. As opposed to the folk who crawl all over ever other thread but are nowhere to be seen when the chips are down.

I respect you cos you're one of the guys who bumps his gums but is also prepared to come on here and ask some proper questions. As opposed to the folk who crawl all over ever other thread but are nowhere to be seen when the chips are down.
Fair doos but saying someone cant post etc doesn’t sit well. But I m not admin . It’s thier gig as to how they run their site

We want people to post all the time, not only when elections come along.

Well it came from the man himself

Fair doos but saying someone cant post etc doesn’t sit well. But I m not admin . It’s thier gig as to how they run their site
You are right. The OP comes across as someone who has a very high opinion of himself. If I was her I'd tell him to stick his thread up his erse.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

This thread has been viewed 39798 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50