• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Saturday Night At The Movies

I took the little un to see Jurassic World: Dominion the other day. She loved it but I'm still of the opinion there is only one decent Jurassic Park film. It's about an hour too long and has almost no plot to speak of.

On that note, why are so many blockbusters just now 2hrs 45mins? You think they'd make more money on them if they could show more screenings a day? Films about Dinosaurs and Transformers don't need to be as long as Apocalypse Now surely?
I'd never seen a Star Wars film. My grandson wanted to watch the latest one so I sat with him. It felt like it was on for three days.

Even he was asking when it was going to end.

I'd never seen a Star Wars film. My grandson wanted to watch the latest one so I sat with him. It felt like it was on for three days.

Even he was asking when it was going to end.
It does make for some really dragged out boring movies. The dinosaurs got her through Jurassic World but she's got fed up with a fair few Marvel movies at the flicks.

She is really getting into her movies just now and she was bugging me to watch Jaws. I was a bit concerned she'd find it boring because you don't see the shark much until the end etc... Totally unfounded - she loved it. A story that makes sense and characters you care about are pretty timeless it seems.

Aye Bairns can surprise. When my lassie was 14 she wanted to watch The Exorcist.

Me and her ma were throwing out dire warnings.

She laughed all the way through it.

She's in her 30's now and listens to Slipknot quite a lot.

Just put on Dog Soldiers

It does make for some really dragged out boring movies. The dinosaurs got her through Jurassic World but she's got fed up with a fair few Marvel movies at the flicks.

She is really getting into her movies just now and she was bugging me to watch Jaws. I was a bit concerned she'd find it boring because you don't see the shark much until the end etc... Totally unfounded - she loved it. A story that makes sense and characters you care about are pretty timeless it seems.
My daughter loves Jaws, her granny was mortified I'd allowed her to watch it though!

She's begging me to let her watch more scary stuff but it's proving difficult to find anything suitable, she knows about Chucky and Pennywise etc but no danger she's getting to watch Child's Play or the It films. Thought i'd be safe letting her watch The Lost Boys but there was a shagging scene I had to fast forward through... 😂

Everything, Everywhere, all at once. I watched that last night, laddie and wife enjoyed it, i though it was fuckin rotten.

If yous liked the Italian Crime films and TV series then you should give this a go ...

Romanzo Criminale

I watched ‘the man from Toronto’ last night
Fuck me
Brutal

I watched ‘the man from Toronto’ last night
Fuck me
Brutal
Brutal as in violent or brutal because it's pony?

Pony

Well i shall give it a wide berth.

Elvis, felt far too long but then many parts felt rushed. Enjoyable movie with superb lead...

Watched Motherless Brooklyn last night. It didnt get stunning reviews, but I found it interesting and different.
Stars Ed Norton as a PI with Tourette's trying to unravel corruption and murder.

Watched Motherless Brooklyn last night. It didnt get stunning reviews, but I found it interesting and different.
Stars Ed Norton as a PI with Tourette's trying to unravel corruption and murder.
I watched it a while back , really enjoyed it . Must've been a tough role to play

Watched a real turkey the other day "The Desperate Hour" starring Naomi Watts - avoid at all costs!

Just watched Anchorman and Anchorman 2.

Yeah, agree - absolute pants

I took my boy to Avengers End Game or whatever it’s called and I reckon with the trailers, the mini Stan Lee documentary, the credit sequences (x2), the special effects explainer, the taster for Spider-Man 2, and the fact the film itself was about 180 minutes, we were in the cinema for about four and a half hours. Exhausting.

Day off for me today. Just been reading it's 50 years ago this month that Deliverance was released.

So that will be on't telly at some point today.

Any yous watched the film Chained before?

Very dark.

Day off for me today. Just been reading it's 50 years ago this month that Deliverance was released.

So that will be on't telly at some point today.
Good shout 📺

Just watched it. Got Southern Comfort on now

Watched Southern Comfort.

Now I'm watching American Sicario.

Tis a bit on the gangster by numbers type film with some very pony acting.

Who was it that mentioned “Hunter Hunter”? Watched it last night, thoroughly enjoyable survival / horror flick, didn’t go the way I expected it to! Anyway, great shout 👏🏻

Who was it that mentioned “Hunter Hunter”? Watched it last night, thoroughly enjoyable survival / horror flick, didn’t go the way I expected it to! Anyway, great shout 👏🏻
Maybe gie that a watch tonight. Just put on the film The Captain.
The German who assumed an officer's identity

Watched the Black Telephone last night. Good reviews.

Total pish.

Total pish.
That looked good in the trailer I saw. I suppose that’s the job of a trailer!

Just watched it. Got Southern Comfort on now
Good film that, might watch it again.

Seems like a bit of a genre in US films, folk go into the wilderness and get chased by angry, violent rednecks.

Well the lesson is to no piss off the locals or mock their ways. 😁

Good film that, might watch it again.

Seems like a bit of a genre in US films, folk go into the wilderness and get chased by angry, violent rednecks.
It’s like wearing a green shirt in Ayreshire during marching season.

Total pish.
Yeah I found the actors dialed it in...always better when they are totally engaged in their performance...

Any yous watched the Foo Fighters film Studio 666?

Nice wee bit of nonsense.

Just finished watching Hunter Hunter. Enjoyed it.

I'd recommend the film Chained I put up if you like that there genre

A 'dodgy' friend of mine has a firestick where he has apps for film and TV series.

He uses a thing called Real Debrid. The links that appear are top quality.

4k, 1080, 5.1 and 7.1 surround sound available.

Not that the good honest folk on here would do anything nefarious but if you have friends who do i highly eh my mate highly recommends it.

Got The Third Man on now. Do me till cot time

Got The Third Man on now. Do me till cot time
An all time classic says the cinema world - overrated pish says I - it'll help you sleep anyway.
Seen it twice now, just don't get the hype.

An all time classic says the cinema world - overrated pish says I - it'll help you sleep anyway.
Seen it twice now, just don't get the hype.
I'll gie it a bash 👍

Na couldn't get into it. The Wicker Man though is going on.

And no that pointless crap American version.

It is always high on all time lists but I just don't get it. Cool music, excellent lighting but the acting is wooden as a post.
Good luck with The Wicker Man as I don't like scary films 😉

Love the Wicker Man....one of my all time favourites.

This thread has been viewed 54298 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50