• Stay at home. Protect Everyone.

Save Lives, Stay Safe.

Saturday Night At The Movies

HenryLB

Donator
Bounce Radge
Saw 1917 last night. Not quite what I expected.
Did you find it disappointing? I went to see it before it had had all the hype (or at least I hadn't noticed the hype) and was quite surprised when people loved it as much as they did. Like, it's pretty good but not amazing IMO.

Also some things annoyed me a bit, like when the main guy would turn around or walk thirty yards and be in a whole new situation that he must have been able to see or hear just before. And if the mission was so important why not send a dozen guys? Or just go around the back instead of through no-mans land?

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Bounce Radge
Did you find it disappointing? I went to see it before it had had all the hype (or at least I hadn't noticed the hype) and was quite surprised when people loved it as much as they did. Like, it's pretty good but not amazing IMO.

Also some things annoyed me a bit, like when the main guy would turn around or walk thirty yards and be in a whole new situation that he must have been able to see or hear just before. And if the mission was so important why not send a dozen guys? Or just go around the back instead of through no-mans land?
I was a bit disappointed. Quite a few situations (other than the ones you've mentioned) were a touch iffy.
Maybe we should have taken it for what it is. Entertainment.

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Just back from seeing "Us".

Superb! I was looking forward to this after really enjoying Jordan Peele's first film Get Out and it did not disappointed at all.

Far more visceral and scary than Get Out but more subtle with its core message.

Great performances, some big laughs and it rarely goes for the easy jump scare.

If you're a horror fan its a must, but I'd recommend it to anyone who can handle their nerves being jangled.
Have you been watching The Outsider? As a fellow horror fan reckon you'd enjoy it.

Hibee Kev

Bounce Radge
Where's this on, Kev?
Sky Atlantic but it’s an HBO production. It’s got a couple of episodes left to run. It’s been fantastic but now has a slight feel of being strung out to get their full 10 episodes worth. But still definitely one of the best Stephen King adaptations I’ve seen.

HenryLB

Donator
Bounce Radge
Sky Atlantic but it’s an HBO production. It’s got a couple of episodes left to run. It’s been fantastic but now has a slight feel of being strung out to get their full 10 episodes worth. But still definitely one of the best Stephen King adaptations I’ve seen.
Nice one, will check it out!

Two Headed Boy

Bounce Radge
I'm up to episode 4 on catch-up. Really enjoying it so far.

👍

Green tinted specs

Bounce Radge
Saw a trailer for Parasite before 1917 came on and then noticed it won a load of Oscars.

Went to see it last week. Decent enough with some good dark comedy. More one for the proper film buffs to cream over. Korean film with subtitles.
Went last night to see Parasite, and yeah thought it was good, especially for the limited number of characters involved.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Bounce Radge
Father's Day gift from Danny. We saw the Diego Maradona film at the Cameo cinema on Monday night. Absolutely splendid. Recommended.

BIG G
This is on Ch4 at 9 tonight 😎

HenryLB

Donator
Bounce Radge
Been watching lots of sports films.

Field of Dreams - really a lot weirder than I remember. Quite enjoyed it though. A League of Their Own, loved it, Tom Hanks playing a boozed up manager of a women's baseball team in WW2. Wildcats - very 80s Goldie Hawn film where she coaches an inner-city american football team.

Think I feel like watching them because they're often such shameless emotional manipulators and somehow comforting.

Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

We are looking for users to donate to reach our shortfall of £100 per month to pay for the server, can you spare a few quid at all? We have had some cancellations on Direct Debits sadly. If you wish to set up a DD then please do so via the UPGRADES section.
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£15.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage

HibeesBounce - 18th Party