• Hiya Guest,

You are invited to take part in this seasons Prediction League, where the object of the game is to pick the outcome of all SPL games

Full Details are here. Prediction Pick Em Competition

We also have a Prize 'Pool', with full details here

If you have entered you can dismiss this as you are awesome!

Saturday Night At The Movies

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
New thread for movie lovers. Films you have seen at the pictures and can recommend or otherwise. That includes upcoming films on the TV that are accessible to most of us, BBC, ITV, TCM. Film4 Amazon Nexflix, my amigo R makes a good point, that you have seen before and think others may like.
Can I say personally that there is nowt like going to the pictures imo.
I will kick off by recommending a film I saw on Tuesday. The brilliant Spike Lee's BlacKkKlansman which was tremendous. A true story, unbelievably, about Ron Stallworth, a black police officer from Colorado, who successfully manages to infiltrate the local Ku Klux Klan in the 70's with the help of a white Jewish surrogate officer, who eventually becomes head of the local branch. Lots of humour too. Chilling 2018 end. Everyone sat there for a while before moving off. I have only experienced that before which was at the end of Apocalypse Now, in the Cameo 40 years ago.
A has to be seen movie.

BIG G

Last edited:

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
Breaking your rules because I've wa6cjed them on either Netflix or Prime but I'd recommend
Detroit
The death of Stalin
Finders keepers(more a documentary than a film)
And particularly Remember,story of a German Jew with altzhimers hunting down a guard from a concentration camp.Brilliant performance from Christopher Plummer and a very clever ending

Administrator
Administrator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
I watched The Snowman, the Jo Nesbo one, no the castrated welsh laddie cartoon the other night, it was excellent. I am no one for the depressing scandanavian bleak dramas, as those who travelled to the Faroes and Molde will confirm.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm a horror buff and I really enjoyed Heridetary at the cinema recently. It reminded me of slow burning chillers like Rosemary's Baby and Don't Look Now that you rarely see these days. Very spooky and genuinely unsettling. The end might be a bit OTT for some but the film earns it.

I'll second @Braehead Cabbage with his recommendations of 71 and Death of Stalin on Amazon. Both are fantastic.

Last edited:

moathibby

Radge Private Member
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I wanted to go and see the Ballamurphy Precedent in the omni tomorrow followed by a Q&A session ,it's about the civil rights marches in Ireland being attacked by the Loyalists.But it seems like you had to buy tickets in advance.But if I go I will let folk know what I thought.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I wanted to go and see the Ballamurphy Precedent in the omni tomorrow followed by a Q&A session ,it's about the civil rights marches in Ireland being attacked by the Loyalists.But it seems like you had to buy tickets in advance.But if I go I will let folk know what I thought.
I can't see that being a sell out, but then again I'm a poor judge of movies.
Currently barred from cinemas by the missus due to being provoked by a seat kicker. Sit still. Eat yer popcorn but keep yer feet still for fcuksake and I won't threaten you.

Having someone behind me banging away just rips my knitting.

No offence moaty.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
I'm a horror buff and I really enjoyed Heridetary at the cinema recently. It reminded me of slow burning chillers like Rosemary's Baby and Don't Look Now that you rarely see these days. Very spooky and genuinely unsettling. The end might be a bit OTT for some but the film earns it.

I'll second @Braehead Cabbage with his recommendations of 71 and Death of Stalin on Amazon. Both are fantastic.
Love Rosemary's Baby, possibly the best horror of all time. I made the missus watch it recently and at the end she turned to me and asked, "what did they do to it's eyes?" :icon-rolleyes:

Have you seen "Get Out"? That was a recent horror that I quite enjoyed, which also had that growing sense of unease albeit with a mental ending.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Love Rosemary's Baby, possibly the best horror of all time. I made the missus watch it recently and at the end she turned to me and asked, "what did they do to it's eyes?" :icon-rolleyes:

Have you seen "Get Out"? That was a recent horror that I quite enjoyed, which also had that growing sense of unease albeit with a mental ending.
I really liked Get Out too. It's been a bit of a golden era for horror lately, in amongst all the found footage bolloks there have been some real gems.

If you havent seen any of the following (all less than five years old) I'd recommend them:

It Follows
Green Room
Don't Breathe
Raw
Under The Shadow
Goodnight Mommy
Train to Busan
The Babadook
The Witch
You're Next

Last edited:

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor

Rosemary's up there.

Any films worth a dash coming up on the TV

BIG G

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Rosemary's up there.

Any films worth a dash coming up on the TV

BIG G
Spotlight is on BBC2 on Saturday night. It's based on the true story of journalists at the Boston Globe who exposed child abuse in the Catholic church. It's very good.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Went to see The Nun last night,it’s a prequel to The Conjuring. It was ok but you know what’s coming most of the time,making Horrors cert 15 rather than 18 takes it away a bit for me but it’s all about bums on seats....

There’s another Halloween with Jamie Lee Curtis out next month if you’re a fan.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Went to see The Nun last night,it’s a prequel to The Conjuring. It was ok but you know what’s coming most of the time,making Horrors cert 15 rather than 18 takes it away a bit for me but it’s all about bums on seats....

The original The Conjuring was superb. The sequel was ok (based on the Enfield Haunting) but the Annabel films not so good IMO, too reliant on "jump scares"!

Went to see a film called "Searching" last night. Without giving too much away for the most part I though it was very good. Really original - told through the perspective of a Dad's laptop and mobile devices as he searches for his missing daughter via Google, social media, voice calls, facetime, online news etc etc. Definitely worth watching.

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge

I'm looking forward to the new Halloween, the trailers look very promising. The original is one of my favourites. I even think a few of the sequels have their own shoddy charm.

I can't say I've ever taken to The Counjering series too much. They aren't terrible or anything but meh...

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
The original The Conjuring was superb. The sequel was ok (based on the Enfield Haunting) but the Annabel films not so good IMO, too reliant on "jump scares"!

Went to see a film called "Searching" last night. Without giving too much away for the most part I though it was very good. Really original - told through the perspective of a Dad's laptop and mobile devices as he searches for his missing daughter via Google, social media, voice calls, facetime, online news etc etc. Definitely worth watching.
I thought the Enfield Haunting on Sky? With Timothy Spall was miles better than the film.

I’ll keep an eye out for Searching.

Last edited:

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
I'm looking forward to the new Halloween, the trailers look very promising. The original is one of my favourites. I even think a few of the sequels have their own shoddy charm.

I can't say I've ever taken to The Counjering series too much. They aren't terrible or anything but meh...
The 1st Counjering was decent enough but haven’t bothered with the 3rd one,only watched the 1st Annabelle too

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
Watched this last night and thought it was excellent...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
I am gonnae search out recommendations of The Death of Stalin, which my boy Stairway said it was brilliant after he saw it in the Flicks. Never got round to it. I will also give Snowman a dash. I think that Idris Elba's Directorial debut Yardie will be my next trip to the Pictures.
BIG G

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Gonnae stretch the remit here to include Documovies. When We Were Kings springs to mind, which me and my boys saw in the Cameo back in 1997.
BIG G

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Part of Bounce
I am gonnae search out recommendations of The Death of Stalin, which my boy Stairway said it was brilliant after he saw it in the Flicks. Never got round to it. I will also give Snowman a dash. I think that Idris Elba's Directorial debut Yardie will be my next trip to the Pictures.
BIG G
Death of Stalin is very good mixes brutal scenes with very dark humour great performances from the whole cast but Micheal Palin is outstanding

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Gunts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Just finished watching The Death of Stalin. Great film.

BIG G

Hamilton v Hibs

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel