Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jun 28, 2002
EH6
Spotlight is on BBC2 on Saturday night. It's based on the true story of journalists at the Boston Globe who exposed child abuse in the Catholic church. It's very good.
Was on BBC2 Thursday/Friday. Finished at 01.15. Utter quality. The courage of the journalists at the Globe to take on not only the Catholic Church but the Civic and Politically Catholic bureaucracy in the most Catholic of US Cities to expose the Paedophile child abusers in vestments and the cover up was utterlty heroic.
The end titles were chilling.......
249 Priests and brothers publically accused of sexual abuse in the Boston Archdiocese.
The number of survivors in Boston over 1000

In 2002 the cover up merchant Cardinal Law resigned

He was reassigned to the Bastica di Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome, one of the highest ranking Roman Catholic Churches in the World

Then a massive list of places that abuse scandals have been uncovered........hundreds in the US then an equally large one throughout the World.......
Including Edinburgh, Scotland.

BIG G

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Don't go the movies to see things I want too often, usually Marvel stuff for the lad or most recent Mamma Mia with my wife. Was mildly entertaining, simply based on the young lead female character being tremendous on the eye.

The new Neil Armstrong movie looks outstanding, will be going to see it.

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Nov 2, 2006
Gloucester
Watched "Final Score" on Sky last night. Labelled as "Die Hard in a Football Stadium" :lauff:

Can probably be filed under "so bad it's good"! Filmed at West Ham's old Boleyn Ground.

Also stars Pierce Brosnan, the guy responsible for the best piece of acting EVER:

Two Headed Boy

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 2, 2010
Glasgow
Watched "Final Score" on Sky last night. Labelled as "Die Hard in a Football Stadium" :lauff:

Can probably be filed under "so bad it's good"! Filmed at West Ham's old Boleyn Ground.

Also stars Pierce Brosnan, the guy responsible for the best piece of acting EVER:

I saw that popping up on Now TV and did wonder if it would fall into the so bad it's worth a watch category. You can beat a cheesy B-Movie sometimes.

The premises kind of reminds me of Sudden Death - a Van Damme film from the 90s that was "Die Hard in an Ice Hockey arena". It was also agreeably terrible.

Administrator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 17, 2003
Muir of Houston
www.hibeesbounce.com
I saw that popping up on Now TV and did wonder if it would fall into the so bad it's worth a watch category. You can beat a cheesy B-Movie sometimes.

The premises kind of reminds me of Sudden Death - a Van Damme film from the 90s that was "Die Hard in an Ice Hockey arena". It was also agreeably terrible.
I sky plussed it, I will now delete it.

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
Final Score went straight to tv from a very short cinema release and with good reason. Honking

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jun 28, 2002
EH6
Watched The Snowman this afternoon. Splendid.
BIG G