• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Tv series

Boardwalk Empire is decent. If you've not watched The Shield that's decent too. A grittier version of The Wire.

Shield probably goes down as my favorite series of all time.

Reactions: Zab
I did the marathons of marathons this month. 87 episodes of the best ever of it's genre, French realist crime drama 'Spiral'. A work of art.
Calmed down and decided that cramming is going to be a novelty in future.
Sky Altlantic is the business. Today housework, a washing and bread baking before the fun begins at 2.05 with CIS - Crime Scene Investigation, 2 X Boardwalk Empire, 2 X The Sopranos. What not to like?
19.55 will finish reading off 100 years of Hibs, which I started after Tony Sopranos mother's death yesterday.
No she didnae die yesterday. Moaty would have told us all by now.

BIG G

G, did ye ken Alan Lugton's wife died the other week?

Watched the Sopranos for the first time ever over this Christmas, loved it. Recommend Boardwalk Empire?

Hell yes.

G, did ye ken Alan Lugton's wife died the other week?

Aye I heard that Molly had passed mate. RIP.

Going to begin watching the Adam Curtis series that just arrived on BBC Iplayer yesterday.

Can't Get You Out of My Head

As quoted from The Guardian

"Adam Curtis’s new series of films (released en masse today on BBC iPlayer) are a dazzling, overwhelming experience. The six hour-and-bit long documentaries set out to tell no more and no less than how we got from there to here. “We” being largely the west, both under our own political, industrial and sociocultural steam and as influenced and inextricably linked to China and Russia, “there” being roughly the mid-20th century and “here” being the polarised, tech-crunched, fragile, teetering edifice we call “now”.

Suburra was pretty good

Also watched Marseille with Gérard Depardieu recently.

Both series show politicians are corrupt bawbags.

Watched Lupin on Netflix. Pretty decent. Looking forward to Line of Duty whenever it comes out.

interesting folk think Zero Zero Zero is great, I thought it was average. Not in the same class as Gomorrah.

I liked the way it would get to a point in a story and then without warning would then show the storyline getting to that stage from another characters viewpoint, all done very smoothly.

Also noticed that the music throughout is by Mogwai - good gig for them Id think?

(yes, its still no Gomorrah!)

I liked the way it would get to a point in a story and then without warning would then show the storyline getting to that stage from another characters viewpoint, all done very smoothly.

Also noticed that the music throughout is by Mogwai - good gig for them Id think?

(yes, its still no Gomorrah!)
Is there a new series of gomorrah on amazon prime? Think the first 3(?) series were on sky Atlantic absolutely superb

Is there a new series of gomorrah on amazon prime? Think the first 3(?) series were on sky Atlantic absolutely superb
There is a fourth and last season, watched it on fire stick wi Kodi, no sure if it’s on Prime though.

Finished gomorrah and Ray Donovan, seriously contemplating sopranos for about the fourth time nothing compares. Not a tv series but parasite the Korean movie that one the Oscar was tremendous

Watching Line of Duty.Is it just me or is anybody else suffering from a feeling of De Ja Vu?Seems to me I've seen this storyline before.

Watching Line of Duty.Is it just me or is anybody else suffering from a feeling of De Ja Vu?Seems to me I've seen this storyline before.
That feeling you're having is because it's a repeat.

BIG G

Seriously?

Watched the first series of gomorrah after all the recommendations its had. Enjoying it so I'll start the second season soon.

Seriously?

Isn't that like 5 seasons of police procedural?
Can't imagine there's many unrecycled storylines in the genre.

Watched the first series of gomorrah after all the recommendations its had. Enjoying it so I'll start the second season soon.
Binge watching series 4 on the sky player superb - 2 better than the sopranos in my opinion

Watched season 1 of Capitani on Netflix over the last couple of days, enjoyed it.

Watched Lupin on Netflix. Pretty decent. Looking forward to Line of Duty whenever it comes out.
Don't think there is release date yet but all 5 series are on the iplayer ahead of the new series starting.

Just started Devils on Sky Atlantic,if you’re into Billions then you’ll prob like this

I am really looking forward to this.

Bloodlands starts on Sunday the 21st of February at 9pm on BBC One.

BIG G

The Harry Bosch series on Amazon TV is excellent.

Binged my way thru series 2 of Gomorrah....its getiing better and better imo. Ive scored Naples off places to visit I think tho! ?

I see The Shield is on Sky box sets.... haven’t seen it for a long time, think I fancy rewatching it.

I see The Shield is on Sky box sets.... haven’t seen it for a long time, think I fancy rewatching it.
Vic Mackey - what a guy! Reckon that show might have the most perfect ending of them all.

Vic Mackey - what a guy! Reckon that show might have the most perfect ending of them all.

Tremendous ending!

Rare anyone says that about any ending.
I've never watched it, might have to happen.

It’s a very, very good show.

Just finished ZeroZeroZero, fair enjoyed it. What next?

Well worth watching Hammi.

The Harry Bosch series on Amazon TV is excellent.
It is.
I've watched all 6 seasons.
True to the books ,too.

Best ending to a show I’ve seen. Absolutely perfect!

Watched Bloodlands on Sunday night on BBC - 4 parter set in Northern Ireland, on the next three Sundays.

Don't watch a lot of TV but did see this, apologies if it's been mentioned before, some Hibs references in it, worth a watch

If you are an auld hippy like me "Laurel Canyon" is a two parter, well worth watching and listening too.

It is.
I've watched all 6 seasons.
True to the books ,too.
There we're going to have to disagree mate.

I think they're nothing like the books. I watched one of the seasons having just finished the book; the one where they take the guy from the prison into the countryside to find where the bodies are buried and he escapes and shoots Bosch's partner Kiz only in the TV series it's not the countryside but an abandoned factory and Kiz doesn't get shot but a male copper does. There are various other divergences from the storyline in that and the others that I've watched/read.

Still decent viewing though.

If you are an auld hippy like me "Laurel Canyon" is a two parter, well worth watching and listening too.

Just for you Gordon my auld pal.

BIG G

Don't watch a lot of TV but did see this, apologies if it's been mentioned before, some Hibs references in it, worth a watch

Hibs references, good storyline, shots of Leith, main actors Hibernians who attended Leith Academy. What's not to like Rudy.

BIG G

There we're going to have to disagree mate.

I think they're nothing like the books. I watched one of the seasons having just finished the book; the one where they take the guy from the prison into the countryside to find where the bodies are buried and he escapes and shoots Bosch's partner Kiz only in the TV series it's not the countryside but an abandoned factory and Kiz doesn't get shot but a male copper does. There are various other divergences from the storyline in that and the others that I've watched/read.

Still decent
So.
I'm speaking shite as per.
Your point is?

Going to watch The Wire again.

Reactions: Zab
Just for you Gordon my auld pal.

BIG G
Cheers Big G m8,hope you're keeping well.

This thread has been viewed 160369 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back