• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Saturday Night At The Movies

Watched Uncut Gems at the weekend. If you have Netflix you are duty bound to see this one.

The whole plot revolves around a few days in the life of a gambling addict making one terrible decision after another. Absolutely rattles by from start to finish. 2hrs pass like 20 minutes.
Saw this on Friday too. Tremendous. The guy Stiller is a fanny in all the films i've ever been forced to watch by my kids, but this was something else. Did it come out too late for awards?

Kevin Garnett, who knew he could act?!

Saw this on Friday too. Tremendous. The guy Stiller is a fanny in all the films i've ever been forced to watch by my kids, but this was something else. Did it come out too late for awards?

Is it not Adam Sandler in that?

I like irony, a film about gems with the main character called Howie Ratner ( remember that fud jewellery executive Gerald Ratner with his infamous 'We also do cut-glass sherry decanters complete with six glasses on a silver-plated tray that your butler can serve you drinks on, all for £4.95. People say, "How can you sell this for such a low price?", I say, because it's total crap and we sell a set of earings cheaper than an M&S prawn sandwich but probably would not last as long. Folk avoided Ratners and plummeted by £500m. Splendid.) and a Garnett too.
Will watched tonight with some bottles of Double Diamond and try not to get stoned.

BIG G

Sandler has done this before. If you can track it down I'd recommend Punch Drunk Love he is tremendous in that.

Jim Carrey is another actor like that. Excellent in The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, Philip Morris, Eternal Sunshine... But reverts to irritating clown 99% of the time.

Is it not Adam Sandler in that?
Aye, him. Generally a fanny but not on this occasion

I watched it last night, wow, that was mental. A really good watch, I needed a lie down after!

Loved Uncut Gems. Also saw Little Women which might not be up everyone's street but I thought was beautifully done. Didn't go so much for 1917, thought it got a bit boring, but lots of people seemed to really enjoy it.

1917 was excellent, no really a war film fan but enjoyed that.

1917 was excellent, no really a war film fan but enjoyed that.

I watched it last night, I thought it was excellent, although I kept expecting the lead to burst into a rendition of Sunshine on Leith!

1917 is top notch.
Too much shouting going on in Uncut Gems. Didn't do it for me.

Has anyone seen JoJo Rabbit?
Watched this on Friday, it was very good.

Has anyone seen JoJo Rabbit?

Best film Ive seen in a very long time

Went to the showcase in Linwood last night - bloody hell it has reclining seats, I watched the film horizontal. Magic.

Went to the showcase in Linwood last night - bloody hell it has reclining seats, I watched the film horizontal. Magic.
Who’s in that? ?

Who’s in that? ?

It was actually Bad Boys, and it might have been shit, but I was so comfortable!

I went to see Birds of prey yesterday.I don't really fallow the comic book films,but I found this very enjoyable.What's not to like?Women kicking the shit out of men, great stuff.

Watched Joker last night, wasn’t what I was expecting at all, really good. Had elements of an old De Niro film “The King of Comedy” about it.

Which film, @P&G? Wife and I went to see "1917" at Ocean Terminal. All seats recliners. I was only one who sat upright to watch film; couldn't have concentrated reclining. Good film.
Sorry. Saw your explanation in earlier post.

Loved Uncut Gems. Also saw Little Women which might not be up everyone's street but I thought was beautifully done. Didn't go so much for 1917, thought it got a bit boring, but lots of people seemed to really enjoy it.
Saw 1917 last night. Not quite what I expected.

Saw a trailer for Parasite before 1917 came on and then noticed it won a load of Oscars.

Went to see it last week. Decent enough with some good dark comedy. More one for the proper film buffs to cream over. Korean film with subtitles.

Saw 1917 last night. Not quite what I expected.

Did you find it disappointing? I went to see it before it had had all the hype (or at least I hadn't noticed the hype) and was quite surprised when people loved it as much as they did. Like, it's pretty good but not amazing IMO.

Also some things annoyed me a bit, like when the main guy would turn around or walk thirty yards and be in a whole new situation that he must have been able to see or hear just before. And if the mission was so important why not send a dozen guys? Or just go around the back instead of through no-mans land?

Did you find it disappointing? I went to see it before it had had all the hype (or at least I hadn't noticed the hype) and was quite surprised when people loved it as much as they did. Like, it's pretty good but not amazing IMO.

Also some things annoyed me a bit, like when the main guy would turn around or walk thirty yards and be in a whole new situation that he must have been able to see or hear just before. And if the mission was so important why not send a dozen guys? Or just go around the back instead of through no-mans land?
I was a bit disappointed. Quite a few situations (other than the ones you've mentioned) were a touch iffy.
Maybe we should have taken it for what it is. Entertainment.

Just back from seeing "Us".

Superb! I was looking forward to this after really enjoying Jordan Peele's first film Get Out and it did not disappointed at all.

Far more visceral and scary than Get Out but more subtle with its core message.

Great performances, some big laughs and it rarely goes for the easy jump scare.

If you're a horror fan its a must, but I'd recommend it to anyone who can handle their nerves being jangled.

Have you been watching The Outsider? As a fellow horror fan reckon you'd enjoy it.

Have you been watching The Outsider? As a fellow horror fan reckon you'd enjoy it.

No I've not seen it yet but meaning to check it out.

No I've not seen it yet but meaning to check it out.
I am not what youd call a horror fan, but can confirm that this is really enjoyable

Where's this on, Kev?

Where's this on, Kev?

Sky Atlantic but it’s an HBO production. It’s got a couple of episodes left to run. It’s been fantastic but now has a slight feel of being strung out to get their full 10 episodes worth. But still definitely one of the best Stephen King adaptations I’ve seen.

Sky Atlantic but it’s an HBO production. It’s got a couple of episodes left to run. It’s been fantastic but now has a slight feel of being strung out to get their full 10 episodes worth. But still definitely one of the best Stephen King adaptations I’ve seen.

Nice one, will check it out!

I'm up to episode 4 on catch-up. Really enjoying it so far.

?

Saw a trailer for Parasite before 1917 came on and then noticed it won a load of Oscars.

Went to see it last week. Decent enough with some good dark comedy. More one for the proper film buffs to cream over. Korean film with subtitles.
Went last night to see Parasite, and yeah thought it was good, especially for the limited number of characters involved.

Father's Day gift from Danny. We saw the Diego Maradona film at the Cameo cinema on Monday night. Absolutely splendid. Recommended.

BIG G
This is on Ch4 at 9 tonight ?

Just rented Equalizer 1-2. Usually can't go wrong with Denziel.

Been watching lots of sports films.

Field of Dreams - really a lot weirder than I remember. Quite enjoyed it though. A League of Their Own, loved it, Tom Hanks playing a boozed up manager of a women's baseball team in WW2. Wildcats - very 80s Goldie Hawn film where she coaches an inner-city american football team.

Think I feel like watching them because they're often such shameless emotional manipulators and somehow comforting.

I watched 21 Bridges last night, worth a watch, action packed and a decent story.

Thinking of doing the Godfather Trilogy again over the Easter weekend?

I watched 21 Bridges last night, worth a watch, action packed and a decent story.

Thinking of doing the Godfather Trilogy again over the Easter weekend?

Stop after Godfather 2, I'm sure you know 3 is Pish

Stop after Godfather 2, I'm sure you know 3 is Pish

Haha, yes I know, but a trilogy is a trilogy. The Puzo book, the Sicilian is a work of art, the film is pish, but I have watched it 10 times!

Haha, yes I know, but a trilogy is a trilogy. The Puzo book, the Sicilian is a work of art, the film is pish, but I have watched it 10 times!
i liked his book about The Borgias.

I have to say, as much as I thought I would love The Irishman, I just didn’t. I enjoyed it, but something about it just didn’t grip me the way other Scorsese films have.
I don’t think it had anything like the same number of instantly iconic scenes, lines or even characters that his other work has.

Goodfellas and The Departed are my all time favourite films, so maybe I need to watch The Irishman again.
Watched The Irishman last night.
Another film that was O.K.
Maybe I'm getting too cynical in my dotage.

Watched The Irishman last night.
Another film that was O.K.
Maybe I'm getting too cynical in my dotage.
Substitute 'discerning' and I'm good with that?

Substitute 'discerning' and I'm good with that?
For all the computer enhancements, it was a bit strange to see a 76 year old De Niro shoot someone in the head, then try and run like the thirtysomething he was portraying.
Discerning r us.

This thread has been viewed 54086 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back