• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Brexit

May out by Monday being the latest rumour.

Gove, the **** as self serving as all the other Tory self serving ****s, ready to step in as leader and to do a deal with Labour around the customs union and single market stuff.

Meanwhile shit loads of folk march in London, BBC say 10s of thousands, police no longer give estimates and organisers say a million plus, looked really busy to me, demanding Article 50 gets binned.

Just think how many it could have been if the semi-professional protesters hadn't been torn between a darn good protest and pointless globalisation political debate over a warm beer in the pub? Could have been a riot!!

Nigel Ferengi in the meantime is leading, on a part-time basis, a band of 200 or so Brexiteers, who have paid £50 for the pleasure for some reason on a march along a damp Saff Coast ending at Westminster on the original Brexit day.

5 some and leathered by the ASC,Gove has went up in my estimation for this :grinning-smiley-045:
85686352-933C-47CA-BF63-AA7D2E5A5619.jpeg

5 some and leathered by the ASC,Gove has went up in my estimation for this :grinning-smiley-045:
View attachment 754
Aberdeen Casuals have gone up in mine.

BIG G

So we buy Nuclear Power Stations from France?

Don’t need nuclear power - it’s by far the must expensive form of energy generation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But that's what you get if you stay in Europe,unless by some miracle you get a Green govt.In which case why would the greens want to deal with a neo liberal club like the european parliament?

But that's what you get if you stay in Europe,unless by some miracle you get a Green govt.In which case why would the greens want to deal with a neo liberal club like the european parliament?
The SNP are signed up with the alliance of green parties in the European Parliament. 51 seats in the alliance.

I'm not sure Scotland actually needs new nuclear power and the reactors we have won't need replacing anytime soon. As well as all the wind stuff, the tidal stuff that's being developed (despite the best efforts of Westminster) and other renewables, there's one of the biggest hydro electric power stations in the world tucked up under one of our mountains that can be turned on like ... errr ... a tap!

Scotland exports close to a third of the electricity it produces.

I've no doubt, despite this overcapacity, Scotland will be contributing handsomely in the form of allocated UK debt for these French built, Chinese funded nuclear power stations with a questionable safety record.
Edit: I'm sure I read somewhere that the unit price guaranteed by the UK government is something like a third higher than the average UK household is paying now. So every UK household and business will be paying through the nose for this too.

I see JRM has come to slating fellow MPs and how better his schooling was

To be fair, I slate my pals who are not PHS alumni. Inferior specimens of Boroughmuir, Holyrood and Gillespies should know their place.

May to quit once her deal is through.

Party first.

Last edited:
Assassination tomorrow?
The obvious solution here is to start a petition to overturn the Indy Ref result,surely all the pro Europeans will be in favour if given a chance to remain in the EU
I voted for independence and would do the same again given the chance but I also voted for Brexit.
It as we all know has been and still is a shambles. I don't think I'd vote to leave given the chance again.
Thing is if we get independence shouldn't we govern ourselves outside of the E.U until we get ourselves sorted and see what kind of an independent country we become. Now I don't know much about capitalism or politics for that matter, I don't know what kind of country we would have but I'm sure we wouldn't end up living in caves.
I have no faith in Westminster or Brussels I have more faith in Sturgeon or Harvey they seem to think we need the E.U.
Me I would like to see an independent Scotland first which wouldn't have the Ireland problem then if we wanted to apply to join the E.U so be it. Who knows this shite little country of ours might actually surprise those who voted no. I think it's a risk worth taking. I know there's mud slinging and back stabbing in both governments n and s of the border but Holrood has got to be better than that shower in Westminster and if not then we could vote them out with a Scottish vote that actually means something......sorry I'm a wee bit out of breath think I forgot to put full stops in.

I voted for Brexit and Indy too.If May goes if we vote for her deal.Is that not what you call blackmail?

DUP will will not vote for Mays deal...her deals not going to go through.

I voted for Brexit and Indy too.If May goes if we vote for her deal.Is that not what you call blackmail?
Who's "we"?

I didn't the we at large got a say on her deal?

Reading the commentary it seems that there have been many abstentions tonight, rendering the votes meaningless?

A bribe rather than blackmail.

Although if the replacement is Gove or Boris then you may have a point.

"Jezza" getting his priorities right, as per.
It's not even historically accurate - Labour did this to themselves, but as usual the MO is blame anybody but themselves.

That's pretty cringey from Corbyn, and given the current state of Westminster politics a wee bit out of step.

If there's a GE coming soon, I reckon The SNP wins back pretty much every seat they lost..

View attachment 761

"Jezza" getting his priorities right, as per.
It's not even historically accurate - Labour did this to themselves, but as usual the MO is blame anybody but themselves.

Disappointed snp abstained from customs union vote, surely would have decimated mays vote 3rd attempt. Although mays vote while catastrophic for Britain will strengthen independence

That's pretty cringey from Corbyn, and given the current state of Westminster politics a wee bit out of step.

If there's a GE coming soon, I reckon The SNP wins back pretty much every seat they lost..
Tartan Tories coming home.... to the SNP ? Possibly .

BIG G

Tartan Tories coming home.... to the SNP ? Possibly .

BIG G
Indeed. Along with most of the Labour voters of Scotland.

Corbyn has got a cheek casting things up from 40 years ago. He’s the leader of a party that lied to the country in order to go to war.

I reckon we’re going to have a GE soon and the Tories will use tomorrow’s vote as a ‘it’s all Labours fault’ carry on.
There’s no majority or not enough people of Mays mind to get the deal through so I reckon may will push for the GE to get more /fresh feet in Westminster to push her deal through.

Last edited:
Corbyn has got a cheek casting things up from 40 years ago. He’s the leader of a party that lied to the country in order to go to war.
Can’t level that one at Corbyn, he was actively against that, and probably the biggest pain in Blair’s arse in parliament

How the Westminster Torys fucked up Brexit

Can’t level that one at Corbyn, he was actively against that, and probably the biggest pain in Blair’s arse in parliament
He stayed in the party though. He’s levelling criticism of the SNP for something that happened 40 years ago that is completely false anyway.

Leave protest outside parliament, can see that going well later.

WA 2.5 rejected 286 to 344. Government defeated again, this time by only 58 votes.

Who is your MEP candidate of choice?

WA 2.5 rejected 286 to 344. Government defeated again, this time by only 58 votes.

Just gonni ask that Jack. How many MEP’s does Scotland have?

Just gonni ask that Jack. How many MEP’s does Scotland have?

Cheers

He stayed in the party though. He’s levelling criticism of the SNP for something that happened 40 years ago that is completely false anyway.
It is not false amigo. I remember it very well. I can give you chapter and verse how the SNP Quislings voted to usher in Margaret Thatcher. The denials of the Nats is remarkable and pretty sad to this day.

BIG G

90% of SNP voters used to vote Labour and not one single Labour member has ever asked why they’ve switched,weird.

Last edited:
It is not false amigo. I remember it very well. I can give you chapter and verse how the SNP Quislings voted to usher in Margaret Thatcher. The denials of the Nats is remarkable and pretty sad to this day.

BIG G

When you say quislings, is that like the multiple Labour Tory coalitions we have across Scotland now. Red Tories, fucking loads of them, all over the place, everywhere, in bed with their unionist pals. It makes me feel sick.

We had two excellent Labour MEP's in Catherine Stihler and David Martin. We will do well to replicate that quality.

When you say quislings, is that like the multiple Labour Tory coalitions we have across Scotland now. Red Tories, fucking loads of them, all over the place, everywhere, in bed with their unionist pals. It makes me feel sick.
It is sickening,Mark
The party of the people( historically) , in bed with the elitists.
King Tony has to answer for so much.

As for the new Party of change.......
Jesus H. Christ. More collusion of Labour and Tory.

Did Douglas Crawford, Margaret Ewing, Winnie Ewing, Douglas Henderson, Iain MacCormick, George Reid, Donald Stewart, George Thompson, Hamish Watt, Andrew Welsh and Gordon Wilson, who were architects of the term Tartan Tories because of their actions, join Margaret Thatcher and her Conservative and Unionist Party MP's in the no confidence vote to bring down the minority Labour Government or not?
Did this result in the election of Thatcher and her Conservative and Unionist Party and 18 years of destruction or not?

BIG G

Multiple Labour/Tory Coalitions across Scotland, all over the place, everywhere. Really? Across Scotland's Regional Councils Labour is in 5 Coalition's with the SNP......none with the Tories.
BIG G

Did Douglas Crawford, Margaret Ewing, Winnie Ewing, Douglas Henderson, Iain MacCormick, George Reid, Donald Stewart, George Thompson, Hamish Watt, Andrew Welsh and Gordon Wilson, who were architects of the term Tartan Tories because of their actions, join Margaret Thatcher and her Conservative and Unionist Party MP's in the no confidence vote to bring down the minority Labour Government or not?
Did this result in the election of Thatcher and her Conservative and Unionist Party and 18 years of destruction or not?

BIG G
That's all accurate, but lacks context.

Did Labour refuse to implement the democratic vote of the Scottish electorate on devolution in 1979 or not? The SNP quite fairly felt cause for no confidence after such devious behaviour. They felt the backlash from it, but long term it's served them quite well I suspect.

Also, interesting to see Ulster Unionists voting with Labour in 1979

It does look like we are heading for a no-deal Brexit. However I still think parliament will vote to revoke Article 50 if we get really near to a no-deal becoming a reality.

This thread has been viewed 36492 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50