• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Witch Hunt against St. Patrick's Branch

Would it not make sense to have AGMs in June when the season is done and dusted. I can remember League Cup finals on Easter Sunday and as folk have said Derbies could easily be on that day. Just because it has always been that day surely is the worst reason possible.

- - - Updated - - -

My one and only personal experience of Mike Reilly was the day of the fan protest outside the main stand and Leanne Dempster held a meeting for the bestest fans they could find at the same time @JFTB couldn't make it so I went instead ( a clear upgrade :yeah:)

Everyone exchanged pleasantries and took a seat round the table, except two folk in green blazers who made a conscious choice to remove their seats and sit 15 foot away, arms folded. Refused to engage at all.

Basically, he presented himself to Dempster and a complete fannie, and not someone who should be the 'leader' of the HSA.

A vote of no confidence at the agm isn't the worst idea.

He did give her a bunch of flowers from a garage on arrival though.........

[MENTION=15223]KevinMartin[/MENTION] you should stand mate

I predict another Easter Rising on Sunday, on another note it wouldny surprise me to see Riley adding another rule that ye canny roll yer Easter eggs until Monday. :giggle::giggle::giggle:
:smoke:

This will still be at the discretion of the Executive Council
according to the new proposals. Well thought out......except that no Executive Council members are are ever in the Club from 4-12 Monday to Thursday and no OOT member has ever been refused entry at any time any day any month any year. Bonkers.

Can I humbly suggest that rule is in the same category as in London, it is illegal for a person (knowingly) with the plague to flag down a taxi or try and ride on a bus or all beached whales and sturgeons must be offered to the reigning monarch. It simply has never been enforced because it is an anachronism of decades ago. The members lounge has a handful of members in it most Mondays - Thursdays. Non members sign in on match days and non member fans of teams playing Hibs, particularly when in the top flight, can be 50 - 150 strong. The reason for changing that rule is the reason for explicitly mentioning OOT members can't vote!!!!! Nah try another one amigo.

I know you will talk against our proposal about OOT's till the cows come home Colin and I will talk for them at the AGM, no problem with that. What folk here and elsewhere really want to know from you is why Riley and the other Trustees have discussed our expulsion and what were their reasons, weak and made up as they probably were, and with a minority of Branch Officials (as distinct from Branches obviously). One Apparatchik has said when questioned that they were sic. 'Doing a straw poll to find out if there was backing for expulsion and whether they should be taking legal action to find out if it was possible' You opposed them twice on expulsions, so presumable questioned their reasons and actions. An answer in the honest manner that you took opposing them would be really appreciated by all.

BIG G

Sturgeon offered to the reigning monarch?

Hope Smurf is well awake when he reads this G!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I predict another Easter Rising on Sunday, on another note it wouldny surprise me to see Riley adding another rule that ye canny roll yer Easter eggs until Monday. :giggle::giggle::giggle:
:smoke:

Only if he comes down off the cross in time.

:banger:

I can remember at one of the early branch meetings that Mike said how refreshing it was to have a new branch and that the numbers turning up for meetings was impressive.
What's changed?

Wondered how long it would take to see something about this on the Bounce. I am disgusted with what the St Pat's Branch have had to put up with recently but, sadly, depressingly even, I am not surprised. Bit of background: I am a member of the Stanton Branch & have served in a number of Committee roles in the Branch since moving back from Liverpool in 2003 - bus convener & vice-chair. I was also asked to join the HSA Council during Bill Alcorn's tenure - basically, Bill was hoping I would take the Secretary's role but I could not assume the considerable workload of that post due to work commitments. I did however take on the role of Membership Secretary & was in that role at the time Mike Riley won the farcical vote to gain the Chair of the HSA. I resigned not too long afterwards. I have not been back in the Club since around last November when on arriving back from an away match v Alloa it was to find (for the 3rd time in a few months) that all the Club, other than the games room, had been hired out for private functions. I confronted Riley on it & suffice to say it was an overbearing, dictatorial response that I was given full of expletives. On reminding him it was a members' club I got the response "f#ck the rulebook, I make up the rules". I was encouraged to leave by friends before I stepped down a path that I didn't want to go down. I haven't been back since. That hurts, really hurts, as my family connections with the HSA go right back to it's foundations in 1947 when 6 "branches" got together to found the HSA (Leith, St Giles, Central, Tynecastle, Portobello & Musselburgh). I have a photograph of the original Executive Council that includes the 2 Musselburgh members - my great uncle Sammy (Whitelaw) & his mate Jimmy Higgins.

Stanton Branch, a few months back, got together with Pat Stanton's family & the Former Players' Association to organise a 70th birthday celebration for Pat in the Hibs Club. Riley tried to take over & undermine it at every step - in both word & deed - but it went ahead in spite of his efforts. We ensured EVERY branch in the HSA was given the opportunity to take up 2 (free) tickets & those that accepted will, I am sure, have enjoyed the night. I know Pat & his family did & a good sum of money was also raised from a raffle which went to a charity of Pat's choice linked to his wee grandson. That night was all about doing what a Branch does best - celebrating our history, looking after the members & doing a bit of wider good along the way. Since the St Pat's Branch came on the scene a few years back they have done that in bucketloads. A throwback to when Branches were Branches (aye I ken, I'm just an auld git on the nostalgia trail but there you go).

In my opinion the problem revolves around the Branch having so many members & having a Committee that does things by the book & acts in the interests of all its members - they're seen as a threat to Riley's "I'll show you f#cken democracy" empire. Riley I saw through a long time ago - anybody that knows me & knows what I do for a living (only for anther 3 months though!) knows that I've spent a 42 year career cutting through lies & b#ll$#@! - it's ma joab! What disappoints me though with the current goings on at the HSA is that I KNOW that there are still people of integrity among the Council & Trustees that should be seeing what's happening & acting. Or, to be blunt, grow a pair.

I'll be at the AGM on Sunday as I have a number of questions to seek answers to in a democratic fashion & in front of witnesses.
...Absolutely spot on Boris, the man's an arrogant idiot,as i said in an earlier post,the farce that went on to get him elected chairman was a joke,that's why half the hall left and went down to the four that day,it is not a club anymore,more like his own personal wee empire.Remember one thing..dictators will always get a comeuppance,let's hope it is at the AGM.Stanton branch member.:banger:

Despite some clarification being given by a few, I'm still not really 'getting it'.
:dunno:

What is 'the fear' that St Pats are holding over Riley and others?
It's surely none of the points outlined in this thread.
I recall that when St Pats kicked off there were some who felt that there was over-much emphasis on 'roots' and particularly on Irish and Catholic influence in the development of the Club. I think there was even suggestions of St Pats being too close to the Smellies, and their 'traditions'.

Is this something that could be the cause of the mumping? Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Or maybe simply barking.
:gaga:

There must be something that has scared these guys..... :lookaround:

Funny. I don't recall this at all.

No one has ever suggested this.

Agree.

Big G, the face and ponytail of St Pats, is a former Protestant Atheist Vegan. Bit like myself, although I do like meat and my hair is not yet in a pony-tail.

Doesn't get much more non-Irish than that!

Agree.

Big G, the face and ponytail of St Pats, is a former Protestant Atheist Vegan. Bit like myself, although I do like meat and my hair is not yet in a pony-tail.

Doesn't get much more non-Irish than that!

Not seen him recently then ?

Oh really.
:glassraise:

Yes they did or I wouldn't have said.

I'm not supporting the view but it was definitely given, if not here then 'over there'.

See him all the time. He will always have a pony-tail in my eyes!

See him all the time. He will always have a pony-tail in my eyes!

Too much information.
:Embarassed:

I didn't realise you and the big fella were that close.

Too much information.
:Embarassed:

I didn't realise you and the big fella were that close.
O the thought, wee zondervan doing big G...

I can also confirm they have shared a room in away trips.

- - - Updated - - -

O the thought, wee zondervan doing big G...

I can also confirm they have shared a room in away trips.

Vegans don't eat donar kebabs either.

Was in my shop today, looking terrific*

* in a very masculine way

Support for St. Patrick's from Shetland and Sunderland

Sent to Mike Riley and the HSA Trustees. Reproduced by kind permission.

Hi,

I am hearing that there appears to be some sort of problem between Mike Reilly and the St Pats Supporters Branch. I would have thought that at a time when our team is on the up, the feel good factor is coming back and in general everything Hibernian is looking much better and more organised than a year ago that this would be a time we are all sticking together and not finding petty reasons to fall out with one another. St Pats are a well organised and energetic bunch and I wouldn't like to see any divisive action taken against them. Hopefully the matter can be resolved in a gentlemanly way.

Regards M Groat (Secretary Shetland Hibs Supporters, personal capacity)

I am writing to you as a supporter of our great football club for over 40 years and a proud member of the St. Patrick's Branch.

Before leaving to live 'Down South' 32 years ago, I followed our team traveling home and away from my home in Dunfermline. I continued to watch the Hibees when I moved to Sunderland managing a few games a season when work permitted. 5 years ago, I semi retired and with the spare time on my hands was able to attend games on a more regular basis.

I would travel up to home games, returning straight after but it was a lonely experience. I contacted several Supporters Branches with a view to joining and hopefully meeting up with fellow supporters to share a drink and banter with. The only reply I received was from Gordon McKinley, the Secretary of the St. Patrick's Branch. He invited me to join him pre match and on meeting him, I was instantly impressed with his love for Hibernian and his passion for the Branch. I was introduced to numerous other members of the Branch, who immediately made me feel welcome and a 'wee bit special' as I traveled up from Sunderland.

Since joining the Branch, I now consider these people as close friends who have gone out of their way to not only make me but also my family feel very special. Their kindness and generosity never fails to amaze me, never more so than the support I received from them, and many ordinary Hibs supporters, when I rode my bike from London to Edinburgh in aid of the 'Dan McMichael Headstone Appeal'.

I could go on for ever listing occasions when I have been overwhelmed by the friendship I have received by the members of the St. Pat's Branch and there are too many names to mention. When I arrive at the Hibs Club before a game, I feel like I have returned home and I am meeting up with my family.

Since joining the St.Patrick's Branch, I have become a season ticket holder. I have never really got involved in the 'politics' associated with unions, clubs etc and generally leave it to the people who I believe I can trust. I believe in the ethos of the St. Patrick's Branch and put my trust and faith firmly behind the Committee who have always had the members best interest at heart.

I am employed in the Public Sector, where 'customer service' is rated highly and I find Mr. Riley's outbursts, offensive and totally unacceptable from a person in his position.

Hugh C*ckburn (Sunderland)

@KevinMartin you should stand mate

No thanks but kind of you to offer

No thanks but kind of you to offer

it would be like night and day, your ok in my book :thumbgrin

Another Bounce bromance.

Touching.

I'm still waiting on the flowers. You know who you are.

Oy Blatter listen to this one, even you couldnae.......

Apparently, another stoke will be pulled at the AGM which of course will be challenged vigorously. The St. Pat's Branch Committee met last night and went through the new Rule book proposed by the Trustees (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, General Secretary, Asst. General Secretary). A new rule which would make Sepp Blatter and Kim Jong-Un blush, has been added that was not in the old rules......

24. On the death, resignation, retirement or removal from office of a trustee or in the event of a Trustee ceasing to be a member of the Association, the Executive Council shall take steps to co-opt a member of the Association in their place as soon as possible until a new Trustee is elected at the Annual General Meeting.

25. Any member nominated as Trustee must have served a minimum of one year as a member of the Executive Council, unless co-opted by the existing Trustees.

In essence it means when reelection of Chair etc comes around next year, of the 1500 members only the present Trustees and 7 Executive Council members (Green Jaikets) qualify for nomination to stand.

Democracy in action my RSS.

R_R

Apparently, another stoke will be pulled at the AGM which of course will be challenged vigorously. The St. Pat's Branch Committee met last night and went through the new Rule book proposed by the Trustees (Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, General Secretary, Asst. General Secretary). A new rule which would make Sepp Blatter and Kim Jong-Un blush, has been added that was not in the old rules......

24. On the death, resignation, retirement or removal from office of a trustee or in the event of a Trustee ceasing to be a member of the Association, the Executive Council shall take steps to co-opt a member of the Association in their place as soon as possible until a new Trustee is elected at the Annual General Meeting.

25. Any member nominated as Trustee must have served a minimum of one year as a member of the Executive Council, unless co-opted by the existing Trustees.

In essence it means when reelection of Chair etc comes around next year, of the 1500 members only the present Trustees and 7 Executive Council members (Green Jaikets) qualify for nomination to stand.

Democracy in action my RSS.

R_R

There is a sentence missing!

Anyone challenging this new rule will spend 25 years in the gulag.

Hope they get tellt te get tae fukc!!!!!!

When I say they I really mean we because, yes, after decades talking about joining the Hibs supporters association, I finally did join St pats on the back of all the superb work they have done.

If you haven't signed up you really should think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I say they I really mean we because, yes, after decades talking about joining the Hibs supporters association, I finally did join St pats on the back of all the superb work they have done.

If you haven't signed up you really should think about it.

I've not been a member of anything since the 'Tufty Club' but will seriously consider it. I got a lotta respect for them. They make hings happen.

Message Sent To HSA Trustees Earlier This Week

To whom it may concern, I write as a lifelong staunch Hibernian supporter who has recently become aware of underhand poisonous tactics and incredulous threats of ''EXPULSION'' made by our association chairman Mr Riley {and other Trustees ?}, to the St. Patricks Hibs Supporters Branch.
Although I am not a member of this particular branch I wish to register my disgust at the vile behaviour perpetrated by you the custodian{s} of the Hibs Supporters Association - you should remember that you were elected to office on the premise that you are beyond reproach & will conduct Association business
in a fair, correct, unbiased and absolutely democratic manner - certainly not to use your position for selfish or spiteful means.

I am really distressed to discover that you had the temerity to actually organise ''Clandestine'' meetings with ''SELECTED'' members in the hope of promulgating a poisonous climate and thus securing your goal of gaining some support for your long, continuous and quite obvious anti-St. Patricks branch campaign.
I, along with many other supporters, hold the St. Patricks branch in high esteem for what they have achieved and for all their hard work in trying to drive forward more modern and democratic values to help deliver both a stronger Hibs Supporters Association and Hibernian Football club.

Most of us want to have a STRONG & UNITED HIBS SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION, which MUST INCLUDE THE St.PATRICKS BRANCH {probably the branch we should all be striving to emulate !!!}.
I urge you to refrain from any further nastiness to ANY OF OUR BRANCHES and work hard with ALL MEMBERS to deliver the desired aim of a STRONG UNITED TRANSPARENT & DEMOCRATIC HIBS SUPPORTERS ASSOCIATION - WHICH WE CAN ALL FEEL PROUD OF !!!

Yours in all things HIBERNIAN --- J. Hanlon

couldn't make the AGM today, anyone got any news on how proceedings went?

are we still in?

Is Riley still in?

Did the new rules get passed, that denies members a vote and office bearers can only be chosen from a select few?

are we still in?

Is Riley still in?

Did the new rules get passed, that denies members a vote and office bearers can only be chosen from a select few?

According to someone on hibs net, MR is going to step down soon

an hour, two hours? :dunno:

Peace, above all things, is to be desired, but blood must sometimes be spilled to obtain it on equable and lasting terms.

are we still in?

Is Riley still in?

The main thing to arise out of the AGM on the rulebook front was that the Council conceded that current rules are archaic & not fit for purpose. There was a bit of tooing & frowing on the OOT issue & I could see valid points on both sides of the argument to be honest. Working party to be set up to draw up a new set of rules over the next 3 to 4 months to then be presented to members for consideration. Working party to include Colin Rich (Treasurer) & Dod Weir (Membership Secretary) fom Council. Big G also seconded on plus 1 other from St Pats (not sure of name but came across as having a legal background). I think they will also look for branch reps too. Seems a sensible way forward to me - providing there is a timetable that is stuck to with an end product.

Mike Riley did indeed say he will step down "within this year" which I took to mean by the time he comes up for re-election at next AGM.

Very good turnout - most seats in main hall taken up.

Very well behaved all round considering all the pre-meeting manouevres. Think Big G just got one yellow card!!!

Beer to go up by 10p a pint, nips by 5p, from May,

Last, but certainly not least, one member's complaint that Club was economising by using 2 ply toilet paper instead of softer, more comfortable 3 ply was fully addressed by the Treasurer. I kid you not!!!

The main thing to arise out of the AGM on the rulebook front was that the Council conceded that current rules are archaic & not fit for purpose. There was a bit of tooing & frowing on the OOT issue & I could see valid points on both sides of the argument to be honest. Working party to be set up to draw up a new set of rules over the next 3 to 4 months to then be presented to members for consideration. Working party to include Colin Rich (Treasurer) & Dod Weir (Membership Secretary) fom Council. Big G also seconded on plus 1 other from St Pats (not sure of name but came across as having a legal background). I think they will also look for branch reps too. Seems a sensible way forward to me - providing there is a timetable that is stuck to with an end product.

Mike Riley did indeed say he will step down "within this year" which I took to mean by the time he comes up for re-election at next AGM.

Very good turnout - most seats in main hall taken up.

Very well behaved all round considering all the pre-meeting manouevres. Think Big G just got one yellow card!!!

Beer to go up by 10p a pint, nips by 5p, from May,

Last, but certainly not least, one member's complaint that Club was economising by using 2 ply toilet paper instead of softer, more comfortable 3 ply was fully addressed by the Treasurer. I kid you not!!!

cheers for the update Jim :thumbgrin

got mysell involved in a 'forget the Hibs result' sesh and was on my second sleep by the time the AGM kicked off. :roll:

holiday weekends, thats what they're for :glassraise:

And I should have mentioned re AGM - a motion was passed to convey the honour of Honorary President on Alan Wilson & Frank Dougan, both founder members of the Stanton Branch, for their long & sterling service on the HSA Council over many years. Well deserved to both & long overdue but that's as much as I'll say.

Frank is ofcourse now a HFC Director after pooling the largest vote in the recent "fan rep" exercise. A great honour & Frank is my mate but I canni be two-faced - I didn't vote cos I thought the process was flawed & he kens that!

Alan is just that laid back he's brilliant. Top bingo caller! And go back to when he was a green jacket & often later on a Saturday night as the lounge got quieter & I'd start a few Hibs songs the late great Bill (Alcorn) would send Alan over to get us to keep it down a bit (not to stop, just keep it doon a wee bit). He was always left tearing his hair out cos we'd just launch into the Big John McNamee song from the 60's & Alan would join in & become leader of the band!!!

- - - Updated - - -

cheers for the update Jim :thumbgrin

got mysell involved in a 'forget the Hibs result' sesh and was on my second sleep by the time the AGM kicked off. :roll:

holiday weekends, thats what they're for :glassraise:

Ken the feeling Colin - got involved in a similar sesh (and it was Jo's birthday so you ken how that goes.....).

Gone.

:bye

Gone.

:bye

"Resigned as the Hibs Supporters Association Chairman

Effective 30th June 2015

The Trustees of the Hibernian Supporters Association can confirm that Mike Riley has resigned as Chairman, effective from 30th June 2015.

The Trustees and Council Members would like to thank Mike for his dedication and commitment to The Hibs Club over his years of service as Chairman.

Crawford Corrigan has agreed to take on the role of interim Chairman until the HSA AGM in April 2016:

Crawford said:

Id like pass on my thanks to Mike for the excellent work he has done as Chairman. Im sure my fellow Trustees and Council members join me in wishing Mike and Liz all the best for the future.

Im delighted to take over as Chairman and look forward to working with the Trustees and Council members to build on the excellent work done by Mike as we strive to ensure The Hibs Club offers the very best service to members and guests.

One of my first tasks will be to contact Leeann Dempster and, working with my colleagues on the HSA Council, I will continue to look for ways that we can help Leeann and her team at Easter Road and East Mains achieve the very best for Hibs.

Vice-Chairman Craig Paterson has also resigned from his postion. The Trustees would like to put on record their thanks to Craig for his service to HSA.

Tom Hall has agreed to take on the role of interim Vice-Chairman until April 2016.

A copy of this statement has been posted in The Hibs Club and circulated to branch secretaries".

Looking forward to an HSA which will get behind the football club and an end to sniping!

as a St Pats member, and after a discussion with a certain individual, I'm more delighted with the line 3rd from bottom.

as a St Pats member, and after a discussion with a certain individual, I'm more delighted with the line 3rd from bottom.

225K to Der Hun 1982?

225K to Der Hun 1982?

I wondered that too.

Must be a good story here somewhere....... one for the PM forum?

Cannae beat a bit of gossip.
:thumbgrin

I wondered that too.

Indeed Sir!

I wondered that too.

You wid think so eh?
Fuckall there!

I wondered that too.

A certain person took great delight in telling folk about his dislike for a particular branch :wink:

A certain person took great delight in telling folk about his dislike for a particular branch :wink:

Sounds like an ideal opportunity to ask him along for a question and answer session after the next meeting.

This thread has been viewed 18664 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75