• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The 'I Admit Defeat, The Tension Has Got To Me' Thread...

Smurf

Private Member
Reaction score
Feck i cannae cope. Just going out for a walk with the wife and wee man...

I feel sick, my bowel movement is constant.., head is spinning, sweaty, shaking a little...

In exactly 24 hours we could be 1-0 up though...:bbb: :yeah: :bbb: :yeah:

Smurf said:

I feel sick, my bowel movement is constant.., head is spinning, sweaty, shaking a little...

Im the same mate, I was meant to be playing through in Bo'ness the day, was looking forward to it, keep my mind of the morn for a couple of hours, but now the game is fecking off, I'll need to go to the local now :(

DaddyK said:
Ditto mate, it's unbearable. That's the first time in a while I went to bed at 4am. Flipping tension. Let me explode on the terraces of Hampden. Been singing songs to the wee man, in the hope the YAM downstairs takes umbrage, so that we may have a dispute that escalates and I can use my axe - there would be relief there. BUT, I'd still have to face this bloody match:banger: :boxing: :applause:

Get yer chopper out Kev :thumbgrin :thumbgrin

DaddyK said:
Just told the missus, she doesnae understand:banger: :hammer :box: :jedi: :MG :donk :iagree

See you on the field of doom tomorrow:yeah:

Mind and wave :thumbgrin

Smurf said:

I'm ok just now but once i've dropped the wee one off at 5 then the panic will set in that only beer can cure :bbb:

Smurf said:

When i read that first I thought you had typed "Feck I cannae cope. Just walked out on the wife and wee man.":shock: :rollfloor

I am getting nervous now, keep listening to as many Hibs songs as possible and now have nothing much else to do other than wait.
Lets hope we are scottish Cup winners 24 hours from now:thumbgrin .

I am absolutely serene. This is our year. :thumbgrin

Guys, i am cacking ma self. I am going nuts. I am so nervous. I cant concentrate on anything, ive been to the loo about 400 times and i have a nervous dry boak.

Will have to have a few calming beers to sort me out.

GGTTH

Bossie said:

Exactly my thoughts:thumbgrin Except we should probably know better than that:rollfloor I'm quite calm just now. It will be when we are in Hampden and both fans are bouncing before the game that it will hit me. Cannae wait:bbb:

I've sent the bairn hyper doing the Hibees Bounce about the kitchen with him already this morning. He's got his black away top on the now and has been giving his best at singing Glory Glory, but he's no quite got the hang of it yet.
I'm just passing off getting out the tension by making it look like I'm entertaining the laddie. Great.

What, me worry? I am calmness itself now after a frantic week. It's like I just entered the eye of the storm; no nerves at all now. Whatever the result it has been a great season, but I'm with Bossie on being sanguine... this is our year :applause: :applause: :applause: :bbb:

Just read these comments.I,m feeling the same nervousness.
Reading this has helped a wee bit.

i was nervous as hell for the Celts and Livi finals but nothing even comes close to this. But lets remember, the cup is not won tomorrow because Gretna wil be no pushovers as they showed today.

CadgeMac said:
absolutely crapping myself, im so bored as theres nothing to do and my guts are all over the place, dont know what im going to be like tomorrow at 12.10.

However, i just did a huge shit so i feel a bit better:yeah: :rollfloor
:rollfloor :rollfloor :rollfloor

Yeah, I admit i'm nervous as well. It doesn't help that I was on a works night oot last night and i'm totally hungover today. My stomach feels bad enough as it is without this bloody game as well. I'll be glad when it's over TBH.

My nerves haven't been helped by reading so many pessimistic posts particulary on that other site regarding the potential outcome tomorrow. Also the bookie guy in the Record says he was more confident of a Hearts win than a Gretna win today. You would almost think it was Arsenal or Chelsea we were playing tomorrow. Here's a thought folks, Hearts are not that good a team, and they are in turmoil. They also have as bad a record at Hampden in semi's as we have, if not worse.

IMO if Hibs give 100% and play out of their skins, then we should win. If we give it everything and we get beat, then at least we can turn round and say we gave it our best shot.

:bbb: :bbb: :bbb: :bbb: :bbb: :bbb: :bbb: Need to go out soon for some alchohol to calm the nerves.. LETS ALL DO THE HIBEES BOUNCE.. Go on Hibees..:yeah: :applause:

I do not mind admitting I am now crappin myself - just been watching sportscene and they showed the goals from the W***e F****r derby at ER all those years ago! If there is any justice in the world the Hibees will put in a winning performance the morn - It is like the night before christmas when you were a wee laddie - I'll be up at the crack of erse the morn if I manage to get to sleep! stella and voddie should help! gawd I hope we win - I hate them:a***

Kept myself busy today, shopping wi the wife and bairns, lunch, the pictures etc. Off to watch Barca Real at 7.30, get bladdered with a few fellow bouncers and go to bed in readyness for the Pumping of the Yams.

Hibs for the Cup

I just sit back, close my eyes and listen to some House of Pain Jump Around, and dream of the Holy Ground with the stands bouncin' to the beat. Of course I'm 6000 miles away so it will work for me.

I went out and played footy but that still didn't take my mind off it.:bbb:

Oh for Christ's sake what a bunch of wimps. "Oh I'm nervous" "Oh I'm shitting myself".
Look, we're the underdogs according to the world and his brother but FFS they've been hardly firing on all cylinders recently. They toiled to beat Partick FFS.

So give it a rest and save your nervous energy for tomorrow.

7-0, 6-2, Albert Kidd, Mercer no more, etc etc

Up until today, I was absolutely tanning myself. So much so, I didn't even want to go for fear of being a jinx, having to make a LONG journey home if we lost. Any excuse, in fact.

Anyway, woke up this morning feeling fine (sheesh, I should be a songwriter), and went to watch the laddie play for Spartans U14 against Cowdenbeath. Also part of the crowd was none other than a certain Mr Mixu Paatelainen watch his laddie play for the Blue Brazil!

It's a sign comrades, I tell ye :wink:

Agree with pilrig

Come on we always go into our best at derbies as underdogs.

Remember they have been playing pretty crap recently with afull team, their manager struggles with English so tony will be one step ahead in the dugout with tactics.

Their defence is ageing we have quick pacey palyers who can use this to our advantage provided we play the game our way. .
Our players and fans are really hungry for this win. Yams fans think they only have to turn up. Hold them for twenty minutes and just watch us taking complete control of the game.

50 years following Hibs and yes this is the derby of derbies and I am not even prepared to think about the possibility of defeat tonight. We win and maybe just maybe the Holy Grail is in our sights at last So stop mentioning defeat please

Dixie Chicken said:
What, me worry? I am calmness itself now after a frantic week. It's like I just entered the eye of the storm; no nerves at all now. Whatever the result it has been a great season, but I'm with Bossie on being sanguine... this is our year :applause: :applause: :applause: :bbb:

I've been the same. cr@ppin myself all week but now I have become calmer.

I will travel to Hampden with belief in Hibs and confidence that we will win.

We fecked them at ER and we will feck them at Hampden:applause: :applause:

Bossie said:

Same here. Been bricking it all week - now very calm. Not overly confident we'll do it but ready for it.

Different story the morn though!

Am pished ...now ....but morerelaxed than I have been all week....for now anyway

Dreamt it was 0- 0....then nother dream 2- 0 to Hibs ....couldnt figure if tomorrow was a draw with us winning the replay or second cancelled the first :hmmm

Gunner has just left me and we're both melted,see ye in a wee while :bbb: :yeah:

Keeking ma breeks.

But still cannae sleep, waiting for the morrow.

Going to watch the game in a Dutch pub tomorrow. Phoned them to check game was on - and they are gonna open the place early for them on the Sunday!

Also roped a Ger mate o' mine :dunno: :banger: :roll: into coming along to the boozer wi' me. He was due me cos I watched him go through agonies recently when Celtic pumped 'em several-1 in some early season OF derby.

God, this is so finely balanced. I just think back to days of seeing Joe Baker whack a couple past an unsuspecing tic and of course, the glorious 0-7 when I nearly got stoned.

For the first time.

By yokkers chucked by the Hertz fans.

Vengeance and justice must be on our side?

Gaaaaaauuuuuuuuunn the Hibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbssssss

ya bass!

Didn't sleep much last night,maybe 5 hours or so! I just want it over with.

No,feelin very fresh.There seems to be a chicken kebab and tatties sitting in my kitchen.
Mon the HHHHIIIBBBEEEESSSS !!!!

PILTONSTANY said:
No,feelin very fresh.There seems to be a chicken kebab and tatties sitting in my kitchen.

Sounds good to me. Two minutes in the microwave and that's yer breakfast sorted, Mikey!

PILTONSTANY said:

wonder what happened tae mine :hmmm :dunno:

:rollfloor

Well thats it - The day has arrived - :applause:

3- 0 To us ........

Aye your singing was a bit off last night!

I feel sick and i never touched a drink last night!:(

Hibees_Daft said:
Aye your singing was a bit off last night!

I feel sick and i never touched a drink last night!:(
Kilted up(true scotsman btw) and ready to go.
Mon the Hibees :yeah: :yeah: :bbb:

PILTONSTANY said:
Kilted up(true scotsman btw) and ready to go.
Mon the Hibees :yeah: :yeah: :bbb:

Good good, you got my socks on?:hmmm

Hibees_Daft said:
Good good, you got my socks on?:hmmm
Aye,im offski.see ye there :thumbgrin

This thread has been viewed 2457 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75