• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Syrian based British girl

Being reported that she has had her citizenship revoked. Her lawyers have made this announcement...

That is the right outcome.
Peoples safety here should always be paramount to everything.
And to also name her child what she has...is proof she has no part in this society.

I
That is the right outcome.
Peoples safety here should always be paramount to everything.
And to also name her child what she has...is proof she has no part in this society.
I agree. I’m sympathetic to the fact that she might’ve been groomed, but the fact that she insists that she wasn’t is a telling factor for me.
The door might not be completely closed, but she would need to show proper remorse and I doubt she ever will.

Agreed.
Though when the ones come that dont have dual nationality...we are going to have a bigger problem.

I just hope the Government are drawing up plans for this now.

Agreed.
Though when the ones come that dont have dual nationality...we are going to have a bigger problem.

I just hope the Government are drawing up plans for this now.
I’m drawing up plans. The plan is to get the fuck away from a country and government that constantly places a target on innocent people with their ridiculous foreign policy that harks back to a time when Britannia ruled the waves. A modern forward thinking Scotland wouldn’t have these problems. Being part of the uk means we’re party to illegal wars and the shit storm that creates.

The country would spend a fortune monitoring her and her kids for years to come. Imagine she straps on a bomb and kills hundreds of innocent people. No chance in hell should she be anywhere near the country. All for what, one person that turned her back and joined a terrorist organization.

The country would spend a fortune monitoring her and her kids for years to come. Imagine she straps on a bomb and kills hundreds of innocent people. No chance in hell should she be anywhere near the country. All for what, one person that turned her back and joined a terrorist organization.
As much as I don’t want her back, what you say won’t happen. If she ever returns she’ll be banged up.

As much as I don’t want her back, what you say won’t happen. If she ever returns she’ll be banged up.

The British justice system is a joke. She'd be lucky to do five years and then out.

You just never know the repurcusions of letting her back in.
Not worth the risk if you ask me.

Inregard to her child.
Some people have said he is a British citizen...so we must allow to come.
That is bull!
I have dealt with the home office before(my son was born in Italy)
He wasnt entitled to a British Passport!

So that is just a myth.

Being reported that she has had her citizenship revoked. Her lawyers have made this announcement...
Terrible decision if true. The UK -or any country- has obligations to it's citizens. Our government have been part of the problem that creates folk like this lassie. Reading up on her radicalisation before she left the authorities really dropped the ball.

So when someone we've helped create goes wrong we can wash our hands and let someone else deal with it?

The creeping acceptance of the 'Piers Morgan' opinion in this country really is a worry.

Terrible decision if true. The UK -or any country- has obligations to it's citizens. Our government have been part of the problem that creates folk like this lassie. Reading up on her radicalisation before she left the authorities really dropped the ball.

So when someone we've helped create goes wrong we can wash our hands and let someone else deal with it?

The creeping acceptance of the 'Piers Morgan' opinion in this country really is a worry.
Absolutely Southfield. Its also deeply worrying in the context of Windrush etc. We're basically saying if you are a citizen but are black or brown and your parents weren't born here you can never be sufficiently British as to be free from the risk of your status being revoked. And then we wonder why many people appear to feel little sense of belonging here never mind the demand for 'loyalty'.

Is it not the case the young lady has (had) dual nationality, Bangladesh and the UK?

I agree with what both Southfield and Gareth saying, and the grooming element is dreadful of true, although is it not the case she has denied being groomed?

The thing I don't agree with is the giant step taken to get to skin colour and racism being the issue? I would suggest the issue most people have is she left the UK to join Daesh and doesn't appear to regret doing so?

Absolutely Southfield. Its also deeply worrying in the context of Windrush etc. We're basically saying if you are a citizen but are black or brown and your parents weren't born here you can never be sufficiently British as to be free from the risk of your status being revoked. And then we wonder why many people appear to feel little sense of belonging here never mind the demand for 'loyalty'.
You seem to completely look over the treason point!
Treason for hundreds of years...had one outcome!

Bit of a straw man argument you've presented there Gareth!

Is it not the case the young lady has (had) dual nationality, Bangladesh and the UK?

I agree with what both Southfield and Gareth saying, and the grooming element is dreadful of true, although is it not the case she has denied being groomed?

The thing I don't agree with is the giant step taken to get to skin colour and racism being the issue? I would suggest the issue most people have is she left the UK to join Daesh and doesn't appear to regret doing so?
As far as I understand it she doesn't have dual nationality but her mum does. Though that's just from reports today. But the issue of race is important here, we have had governments for years and years that have this scale of right to belong, and if you are black and poor you are at one end of the scale and and if you are a Bullington boy you're at the other. The former is only a citizen on paper, the latter is the epitome of Britishness. This was part of the reason Windrush happened, it would never have happened to white posh boys. And we now have suggestions that the British state can unilaterally strip people of their nationality, and again this would never happen to posh white boys.
And this all ignores the other point, why the feck should Bangladesh, a country she has apparently never visited, have to deal with this issue when 'we' don't want to.

You seem to completely look over the treason point!
Treason for hundreds of years...had one outcome!
treason is an arcane concept Ryan, 'betraying' ones country is a pretty vague and tends to only be applied in pretty narrow circumstances and by those with the power to do so. Trying to overthrow the sovereign? I want to break up Britain and get rid of the monarchy!

Bit of a straw man argument you've presented there Gareth!
I don't think its a straw man at all, as I've tried to suggest in my reply to 1875.

How has the UK Government been part of the problem that helps creates folk like her?

I don't think its a straw man at all, as I've tried to suggest in my reply to 1875.

Response to @1875 to me seems to be an exercise in hypothetical whataboutary, and a ridiculous one at that.

And we now have suggestions that the British state can unilaterally strip people of their nationality, and again this would never happen to posh white boys.

As if the prospect of Tarquin returning from committing overseas atrocities and being treated differently is a legitimate/realistic concern.

Response to @1875 to me seems to be an exercise in hypothetical whataboutary, and a ridiculous one at that.
As if the prospect of Tarquin returning from committing overseas atrocities and being treated differently is a legitimate/realistic concern.
Its not hypothetical whataboutery, it's based on the British States conception of Britishness that's seen in numerous policy docs and statements, from Balfour's antisemitism to Powell's exclusion to Major's cricket and warm beer to May's colour coded hostile environment. The State's ideal type is white and middle and upper class.
There's no evidence as yet of this girl having committed any atrocities, thats an assumption you're making.

From my understanding, it might be an option for her to apply for a Bangladeshi passport, based on her parents. But she's never had one herself. The government are attempting to ride a wave of public outrage and use this girl to mask serious flaws in their handling of this, and it also very handy to whip up this kind of hysteria given the current situation with Brexit.
How has the UK Government been part of the problem that helps creates folk like her?

They were aware of the situation with this young girl- and others- well before she set off on her trip. From listening to a guy on Radio Scotland this morning, the initial step to raise issues via her school and social work department was in the form of a letter that should have been given to her at school, but they forgot.

Lets be clear here, this girl is being used by the the government- and right wing brexit media- to divert attention from the catastrophe happening in 38 days time. She's a wee lassie- and lets not kid ourselves, plenty of other girls have been in her situation and returned without any passing comment.

How did she actually manage to leave at the age of 15 without her parents consent in the first place?

I’m finding it hard to believe she’s been pumped three times

In a place with no alcohol

She's a wee lassie- and lets not kid ourselves, plenty of other girls have been in her situation and returned without any passing comment.

She's 19. The only wee lassies in this equation are the ones she endorses blowing up.

Normally I'm as liberal as they come on this stuff and I'd usually say the government has to go to the furthest possible lengths for its citizens. But this is someone who literally thinks killing her fellow citizens is ok. Pretty hard to make a case for the country having to look after that person.

She's 19. The only wee lassies in this equation are the ones she endorses blowing up.

Normally I'm as liberal as they come on this stuff and I'd usually say the government has to go to the furthest possible lengths for its citizens. But this is someone who literally thinks killing her fellow citizens is ok. Pretty hard to make a case for the country having to look after that person.
Was meaning when she went, but still think she’s very immature. Would be interesting to see if she actually broken any laws.
To be clear I think she should be allowed home and arrested and if possible, charged with any laws broken.

Just saw her presented with the letter depriving her of British citizenship on tv news.
She wasn’t happy.
Shouldn’t have said “Heads will roll” though.

If she has committed a crime she should be tried for it. Equally we must resist trial by hysteria and falling into the Islamophobe trap. IS and their like are despicable but as a society we need to look at the wider issues of why young impressionable people feel compelled to take such extreme courses of action. We must scrutinise the UK's dodgy relationship with inhumane regimes like Saudi Arabia and the government's ideological choice and promotion of destructive divisions in the fabric of our society.

Was meaning when she went, but still think she’s very immature. Would be interesting to see if she actually broken any laws.
To be clear I think she should be allowed home and arrested and if possible, charged with any laws broken.

To be fair you're right, that's probably the moral thing to do. I'm just a bit sick of doing the 'right thing' by these kind of bloodthirsty arseholes. Also feel that if I'd committed myself to an organisation that is an enemy of my country and spends a good amount of its time plotting how to cause carnage in it then I'd not expect to be welcomed back. One should probably rise above it though.

If it had been a male terrorist that did this, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Also it would be a non story for the rags.

Born Andrew Callandine, in Scotland, converted to extreme version of Islam. Fled to England when locals in Scotland rounded on him for his views re Manchester bombing.

The Prevent programme is running up here but wonder how frequent this kind of thing crops up in Scotland.

Just because you don’t have a passport doesn’t mean you aren’t a citizen? My kids weren’t not British until they got a passport, presumably either she is a citizen of Bangladesh or not not dependent on having a passport.

This is the kind of end result in a media frenzy.

Fcukin hell. That's not on.

Fcukin hell. That's not on.

Its exactly the sorry of thing that happens when the media start using the dehumanising language of racists... Rats, monsters, demons etc... How long until a real target who just happens to look similar?

Has she been confirmed for celebrity big brother yet?

That's not a very good group :friendly:

Reports today her child has died.

Reports today her child has died.

This is beyond grim.

That’s 3 babies she’s had that have died. She should be done for child cruelty. Why are you fucking in a war zone ffs? The sanitary conditions alone must be off putting, not to mention the bomb s and bullets.

This thread has been viewed 15659 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75