• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Strikes,Facts Figures Updates

Now that's just stupid.

Especially since the FBU are about to walk out.

Now that's just stupid.
No really, they waited til it rained.

BIG G

Met an Advocate at the Binworkers benefit on Thursday,she agrees with the Barristers down south but was bitter that in the past they have broken picked lines.But you can't blame workers who now understand the fight is needed.

Met an Advocate at the Binworkers benefit on Thursday,she agrees with the Barristers down south but was bitter that in the past they have broken picked lines.But you can't blame workers who now understand the fight is needed.
Sorry Wednesday.Time flys when you're busy.

Surely low pay for junior barristers and advocates has always been a thing. Part of the class war. A way of making sure that only those with money behind them could get into the profession. Restrictive practices at their finest. 😂

I walked through a picket line this morning.

Labour council now bringing in scab labour...

I walked through a picket line this morning.
I'm waiting on the punchline.

Surely low pay for junior barristers and advocates has always been a thing. Part of the class war. A way of making sure that only those with money behind them could get into the profession. Restrictive practices at their finest. 😂
I never really thought about it in that context.
Makes sense.

I'm waiting on the punchline.
Oh sorry, I forgot… I was going oot the way after my shift.

Looks like the Scottish Binworkers have settled.Not seen the deal yet.There are bin workers in England got 17% one area, 24% elsewhere. If up here they settled for something like 5% then it's shite.Unison totally undermined it by saying let's take it back to a ballot whilst Unite and GMB threw it out.They were the weak union when I was in the T&G and they haven't changed.

Looks like the Scottish Binworkers have settled.Not seen the deal yet.There are bin workers in England got 17% one area, 24% elsewhere. If up here they settled for something like 5% then it's shite.Unison totally undermined it by saying let's take it back to a ballot whilst Unite and GMB threw it out.They were the weak union when I was in the T&G and they haven't changed.
Copied from elsewhere.

UNISON has now secured an improved offer from COSLA that they will put to their members with a recommendation to accept.
The offer consists of:
• An increase of £2000 for those earning up to £20,500
• An increase of £1925 for those earning between £20,500 to £39,000
• A 5 per cent increase for those earning between £39,000 to £60,000
• A maximum increase of £3k for those earning above £60,000
•The removal of SSSC fees where application (social care registration fees)
• 1 extra days annual leave.
• All increases based on a 36hr week calculator, which will reduce to a 35 hour week.

For the lowest paid it's 5% plus a lump sum taking it to about 10% .Inflation is set to rise to about 13% by January so it's a pay cut.

Wish I was getting a 10% pay rise.

For the lowest paid it's 5% plus a lump sum taking it to about 10% .Inflation is set to rise to about 13% by January so it's a pay cut.
I agree it's not great however I doubt anyone will be getting a rise in line with inflation this year.

One council in Englnd got 17% another one with private company Biffa in Wealdon got between 24% and 27%.The SNP trying to make out the money's not there.How much was spunked out on the tramworks?

One council in Englnd got 17% another one with private company Biffa in Wealdon got between 24% and 27%.The SNP trying to make out the money's not there.How much was spunked out on the tramworks?
Apples and oranges Moaty.

All the money is divvied up in different accounts. Just because money is there for one thing doesn't necessarily mean they can be spent elsewhere. Scotland might need permission from Westminster to move money from capital expenditure, trams (things that are going to be around for ages), to revenue (stuff that's ongoing year on year), bin mens wages.

Perhaps something we could look at if we were independent.

I'd like to see the state of the place if Binworkers aren't going to be around for ever.Might be true if we build inbuilt hoovers into the roads a la the film Brazil.As for trams long term? Weren't the ones taken away in the late 50's long term?

North Sea oil and gas workers are set to take a wildcat strike on Thursday.

Strikes are kicking off again on October 1st.They include Aslef,RMT,CWU,Unison,and Unite.

Apples and oranges Moaty.

All the money is divvied up in different accounts. Just because money is there for one thing doesn't necessarily mean they can be spent elsewhere. Scotland might need permission from Westminster to move money from capital expenditure, trams (things that are going to be around for ages), to revenue (stuff that's ongoing year on year), bin mens wages.

Perhaps something we could look at if we were independent.
Slightly different topic but I wonder how much local councils are now getting screwed for the PFI contracts they used to build schools. I seem to remember they were inexplicably linked to the retail price index (inflation) which has quadrupled in recent times.

Slightly different topic but I wonder how much local councils are now getting screwed for the PFI contracts they used to build schools. I seem to remember they were inexplicably linked to the retail price index (inflation) which has quadrupled in recent times.
They are still getting screwed, NHS too. Many are also not preparing for the derby of the ofi 25-30 year periods, giving more money away.

And the NHS.

Unison Higher Education strikes 20th and 21st September.21st of September for Napier.

The CWU are back out on the 29th of this month and Saturday 1st of October,The RMT are on strike on the 1st October the 5th and the 8th.Whilst Aslef are going to out on the 1st October.

Here are the latest Royal Mail Strike Days
September30th All
October1st All
October13th All
October22nd All
October25th All
November2nd Network
November3rdProcessing
November4thDelivery
November8thNetwork
November9thProcessing
November10thDelivery
November14thNetwork
November15thProcessing
November16thDelivery
November23rdNetwork
November24thProcessing
November25thDelivery
November28thAll
November30thNetwork
December1stProcessing
December2ndDelivery

My union (PCS) balloting for strike action just now.

My sister says the midwives union have just had a vote on whether to go on strike.Feeling is they will vote yes.

Senior staff have joined dock workers on strike at Liverpool docks.Important move.

There is to be a rally of strikers on Waverley Bridge on Saturday,including Aslef,RMT,and CWU.It's at 10.30.Just enough time to go before the All Under One Banner March at Johnstone Terrace at 12.30.

Workers at Honeywell the aerospace giant outside Edinburgh have just rejected a 2.7% pay offer and are now out on strike.

The Barristers in England who have been out since September have won themselves a 15% pay rise.

Royal Mail saying they will cut 10000 jobs.

Royal Mail saying they will cut 10000 jobs.

Aye, but it's the workers fault for going on strike!!

Unbelievable.

OCS win a 14.9% pay rise after dispute lasting 16 months.OCS a private Domestic firm in a Blackpool Mental Hospital were wanting parity with the NHS co-workers.The Unison members have been in dispute for all this time have eventually settled.This is a victory for tenacity nd persistence as much as anything else.

GMB win.Richmond refuse workers win a 15% pay rise.Scottish refuse workers settled for a 10% pay rise,however Cosla are renaging on the deal I expect the guy's I'll be back out.

Meanwhile the MSM ignore what is happening elsewhere.

BIG G

The RCM have just voted overwhelmingly in favour of action short of a strike and overwhelmingly(86%) for strike action.

This thread has been viewed 30511 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75