• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

Strikes,Facts Figures Updates

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
Who do you think could inspire a General Strike? Maybe for the day/week the new tory bastard leader takes office :sm113:

Chuck in a few riots across England for good measure. I'm saying England because in the past they've been so much better at it than the Jocks. 😄

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Amazon workers in Bristol are currently taking part in a sit in.If Hibs can't cheer you up maybe this will?

EH17 Jimmy

Private Member
Reaction score
Hired: Six Months Undercover in Low-Wage Britain.

Journalist James Bloodworth’s story of being ‘embedded’ for six months as a zero-hours worker is vital reading for all.

Any yous read this? It was a good read to be honest.

EH17 Jimmy

Private Member
Reaction score
Ah but will anyone notice?

Reach PLC hacks have voted to strike this month following a “meagre” 3% pay rise offer.

Express, Mirror and Star journalists, as well as those from countless local news outlets, will walk out on Friday 26 August, Wednesday 31 August, and 48 hours from September 14th to 15th.

They will also work only contracted hours from 1 to 13 September…

Reach offered staff a pay rise of either 3% or £750 minimum, which the National Union of Journalists said wasn’t enough, especially after last year’s 1% increase.

A total of 79% of members voted for the strike action on a 70% turnout.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Good luck to journalists,even if you work for rags I hate.

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
Ah but will anyone notice?

Reach PLC hacks have voted to strike this month following a “meagre” 3% pay rise offer.

Express, Mirror and Star journalists, as well as those from countless local news outlets, will walk out on Friday 26 August, Wednesday 31 August, and 48 hours from September 14th to 15th.

They will also work only contracted hours from 1 to 13 September…

Reach offered staff a pay rise of either 3% or £750 minimum, which the National Union of Journalists said wasn’t enough, especially after last year’s 1% increase.

A total of 79% of members voted for the strike action on a 70% turnout.
Reach are probably the worst rags out there for accuracy and I use that term loosely.

The burger flipping end of journalism I'd be happy to see them sink.

EH17 Jimmy

Private Member
Reaction score
I didn't realise reach plc owned so many rags.....

JOURNALISTS working across two companies in Scotland, on titles which include The Scotsman, Daily Record and Sunday Mail, will be taking strike action on Friday August 26.

Staff on Reach plc titles, including the Perthshire Advertiser, Stirling Observer, Dumfries and Galloway Standards and the Live Websites along with the Daily Record, have voted for strike action and action short of a strike.

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I didn't realise reach plc owned so many rags.....

JOURNALISTS working across two companies in Scotland, on titles which include The Scotsman, Daily Record and Sunday Mail, will be taking strike action on Friday August 26.

Staff on Reach plc titles, including the Perthshire Advertiser, Stirling Observer, Dumfries and Galloway Standards and the Live Websites along with the Daily Record, have voted for strike action and action short of a strike.
They’ll probs strike on the 27th theyre always a day late wi the news stories.

bigmanandy

Private Member
Reaction score
Bin strikes should be fun for us all for the next two weeks. Bins round me are already overflowing, hate to see the state in two weeks, time for the government to offer something acceptable to our bin workers.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
I'm being fashishous.Or something.Spelling alert from Barney.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
CWU union-Posties just voted 98.7% to go on strike.Don't know how you get .7% of a postie but there you go.

Jack

Private Member
Reaction score
When did the bin men operatives become part of the council again? I'd thought they had all been hived out to the private sector.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
As far as I know the binmen are inhouse.But must admit I took my eye off the ball when I left in '91.

This thread has been viewed 13924 times.