• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Strikes,Facts Figures Updates

Facetious Moaty. I think the only word in the dictionary with all the vowels in alphabetical order
The abstemious/abstentious among us might want to dispute that Billy.

Here here.
Where where?

Where where?
so what do you think then? 11.1% and inflation up to 10.1% already and not looking like bein anywhere near settled.....

Where where?
There there

The abstemious/abstentious among us might want to dispute that Billy.
I knew there was more, I also knew youse lot wid ken themšŸ˜

Reactions: Dub
Britains largest port Felixstowe closing for a week because of a strike by workers, theyā€™ve rejected a package worth 8% .

Journalists at right wing paper the Daily Express are walking out on Friday.GIRFUY!Tory scum!

CWU Posties-Strike Times
26th Aug.115000 Royal Mail workers,2000 Crown Post Office workers and dmin and supply chain staff
27th Aug.-Workers at Crown P.O.
30th Aug.40000BT workers and P.O.admin and supply.
31st Aug. Over 150000 Royal Mail and BT workers together
8/9 September Workers at Royal Mail.

Here here.
That's your problem.
You dont listen.

Bin collection strike goes on.
No agreement reached.

That's your problem.
You dont listen.
What?

Bin collection strike goes on.
No agreement reached.
I think for many residents the strike won't have an immediate impact as bins are emptied once a fortnight. For those that have communal bins the problem is outside their home with overflowing bins but that's pretty much the norm in some areas and the council didn't do much to address it before the strike!

In some ways I'm glad to see up town* in such a mess, particularly during the Festival. I hope the council and councillors are squirming with embarrassment. They normally prioritise the town centre during the Festival and let the rest of the city wallow in its own mess. Fuck um!

*'Up town. Not top ranking! See new thread šŸ˜

I think for many residents the strike won't have an immediate impact as bins are emptied once a fortnight. For those that have communal bins the problem is outside their home with overflowing bins but that's pretty much the norm in some areas and the council didn't do much to address it before the strike!

In some ways I'm glad to see up town* in such a mess, particularly during the Festival. I hope the council and councillors are squirming with embarrassment. They normally prioritise the town centre during the Festival and let the rest of the city wallow in its own mess. Fuck um!

*'Up town. Not top ranking! See new thread šŸ˜
There is a good bit of schadenfreude regarding the town centre.

The Bin workers strike is a national strike as you'll find out on Friday.The SNP govt should stump up the money to Cosla.Meanwhile Labour are not only sitting on their hands they are enabling scabbing along with the Liberals and Greens.Shame on the lot of them,we all know inflation is going to be running at 18% next year.So we will face this all again next year unless workers win-permanently.

The Bin workers strike is a national strike as you'll find out on Friday.The SNP govt should stump up the money to Cosla.Meanwhile Labour are not only sitting on their hands they are enabling scabbing along with the Liberals and Greens.Shame on the lot of them,we all know inflation is going to be running at 18% next year.So we will face this all again next year unless workers win-permanently.
The problem is governments where already mitigating for the lost of funds that could be handed out due to Brexit, then covid came along.....country's fucked, its a third world country, I'm sick of hearing up the town is a mess everywhere, the whole cities a feckin mess with litter.

Last edited:
Not that CEO's would notice.

Alot of the supermarkets I'm going into in Leith seem to be having big stock issues aswell is there a reason for it?

Felixstowe the most important port in the UK is on strike.

Felixstowe the most important port in the UK is on strike.

I think this is day 3 of the strike Moaty.

8 days I was told. But was also told there would be no major disruption to supply chain .

Can't see how not

8 days I was told. But was also told there would be no major disruption to supply chain .

Can't see how not
Members of the union Unite who work at the Port of Felixstowe are on day three of eight of planned industrial action.

Alot of the supermarkets I'm going into in Leith seem to be having big stock issues aswell is there a reason for it?
If you're meaning Lidl in the Kirkgate maybe they're running down stock prior to their closing for ages for a refit.

Having said that I do our regular shop in Lidl on Easter Road. They've not had sardines for months and they've been out of the orange juice I like for a couple of weeks. There's generally quite a few things they don't have for weeks on end.

Which'lll be why the store shelves are missing products.

If you're meaning Lidl in the Kirkgate maybe they're running down stock prior to their closing for ages for a refit.

Having said that I do our regular shop in Lidl on Easter Road. They've not had sardines for months and they've been out of the orange juice I like for a couple of weeks. There's generally quite a few things they don't have for weeks on end.
In fairness Jack, theyā€™ll no take up much room on the shelves will they? šŸ˜‚

Which'lll be why the store shelves are missing products.
I doubt stuff would or wouldn't make it to the shelves in these 3 days. I heard someone say somewhere that this strike will have an effect on Christmas!

UK sardines have a protected status.Without knowing where we get our sardines-small pilchards from It's hard to say what the problem could be.Too easy just to say 'Brexit'.

For instance the USA also suffers sardine shortages.Could be down to overfishing.

UK sardines have a protected status.Without knowing where we get our sardines-small pilchards from It's hard to say what the problem could be.Too easy just to say 'Brexit'.
I don't care if I've got happy british sardines or unhappy European sardines! I just want them in my lunchtime toastie sometime soon šŸ˜

I don't care if I've got happy british sardines or unhappy European sardines! I just want them in my lunchtime toastie sometime soon šŸ˜
I could lend you an unused rod I got from Aldi-also an unused wet suit.

Costa and Cafe Nero workers striking now. Just seen it on the news, barristas going on strike.

The one in Glenrothes was completely out of canoes last week :52:

Costa and Cafe Nero workers striking now. Just seen it on the news, barristas going on strike.
Nae need for the language, they're just workers like the rest o us šŸ˜„

Nae need for the language, they're just workers like the rest o us šŸ˜„
Lazy barristas will probably sit about all day drinking coffee.

Lazy barristas will probably sit about all day drinking coffee.
or frothing.

I could lend you an unused rod I got from Aldi-also an unused wet suit.
Nae harpoon? What kind of fishing do you do?

Yeah I knew about Lidl but was more on about Tesco and Aldi nearby, they've both had stock issues for months now, been a bit of a nightmare.

Along with barristers.How confusing.

Nae harpoon? What kind of fishing do you do?
None! It was an impulse buy.I thought 'that rod looks cheap I could try fishing again' I last did when I was about 9,I caught an eel.The rod has sat in my bedroom,i've got weights and hooks and line and stuff,I just haven't got round to doing anything.

School and nusery staff next.Fucksake TUC just call a General Strike!

What to do with all these overflowing bins and solve the rodent problem?

Set them on fire!

FB_IMG_1661322174952.jpg

This thread has been viewed 30527 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
Ā£100.00
Earned
Ā£28.75