• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Match Updates!: Hibernian 1 v 1 Livingston

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Early pre match post as I am working in London until Friday and I don't know whether to wipe my arse or comb my hair with work at the moment. Its no pretty.

Hibernian were excellent against the Chilly, Silly, Killie, Billy boys on Sunday, great fitba first half, great defending second. I think that is Jack's modus operandii? I have a lovely warm feeling about what is coming under Jack and his ideas, some clever things going on and fitba breaking out all over the pitch. I accept we are frail in defence, but that has impoved with a rejuvenated Adam Jackson and Paul Hanlon and the introduction of Mr Steady, Paul McGinn. I need say nowt about Docs, Joe Newell, Steph, Vicky and Scottie, they have done their talking on the field recently, add in Boyler, Marcy Mac and Christian, we have a formula for the rest of the season. Have I just about named my team?

Livi play decent fitba, although they are less proficient away from home, and they have Efe and Barts, two Hibs men who no longer wanted to play for us, just remember that, good guys, good players or not. It is no big deal, those that know, know.

The team, well oor Jackster disnae hesitate in changing things around, no mercy some might say but his current choices are decent and it works, it also is the Hibernian way and we like that, muttering otherwise or not.

So....

Rocky, shot stopper extrordinaire.

Paul McGinn, good, steady, safe, looks awfy like his wee brother tae.

Adam J, been mostly superb recently, brings a solidity to the backies and goals up front.

Paul to has been solid and classy, rejuventated beside Adam, delights me that. He is one of our own.

I hope Joe Newell is fit, he pushes us forward better than Lewis. Lewis is a better defender though. Either or.

Boyler on the right, disnae really defend but is good to watch going forward.

The magic middle starts with the Doc, what a player.

Vicky Slivka has been magic in beside Docs, good eh?

Scott Allan plays the pass, its often brilliant.

Marcy Mac is slowly getting fitter, his off the ball movement is ace, watch it.

Chris scores goals, regularly, then he can look look like a Hearts player the next minute.

Waddyatink?

See you behind the Goals.

Hibernian Forever!

My only change would be Omeonga for Slivka, just for the extra energy/bite against Livi who have both in abundance.

Hope we start strong again and dont need early subs and a second half rescue job.

Looking forward to it. Positive vibes around the Hibs again.

Another big game, nice reward for a win. If changes are made from Killie game it'll be for knocks to individuals. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Zab
Early pre match post as I am working in London until Friday and I don't know whether to wipe my arse or comb my hair with work at the moment. Its no pretty.

Hibernian were excellent against the Chilly, Silly, Killie, Billy boys on Sunday, great fitba first half, great defending second. I think that is Jack's modus operandii? I have a lovely warm feeling about what is coming under Jack and his ideas, some clever things going on and fitba breaking out all over the pitch. I accept we are frail in defence, but that has impoved with a rejuvenated Adam Jackson and Paul Hanlon and the introduction of Mr Steady, Paul McGinn. I need say nowt about Docs, Joe Newell, Steph, Vicky and Scottie, they have done their talking on the field recently, add in Boyler, Marcy Mac and Christian, we have a formula for the rest of the season. Have I just about named my team?

Livi play decent fitba, although they are less proficient away from home, and they have Efe and Barts, two Hibs men who no longer wanted to play for us, just remember that, good guys, good players or not. It is no big deal, those that know, know.

The team, well oor Jackster disnae hesitate in changing things around, no mercy some might say but his current choices are decent and it works, it also is the Hibernian way and we like that, muttering otherwise or not.

So....

Adam J, been mostly superb recently, brings a solidity to the backies and goals up front.

Paul to has been solid and classy, rejuventated beside Adam, delights me that. He is one of our own.

I hope Joe Newell is fit, he pushes us forward better than Lewis. Lewis is a better defender though. Either or.

Chris scores goals, regularly, then he can look look like a Gunts player the next minute.

Waddyatink?

Hibernian Forever!

Ken the feeling about work - due to the amount of midweek games and working all over the place, Saturday will be my first game of 2020! Get good value out that season ticket eh...

Anyway can’t argue with the line up, the team has been excellent since switching formation. Plus they’ve had a full week to train for the first time since the winter break. The only potential chance would be Omeonga in for Slivka - purely because he’s not as easily bullied and can quickly move away from big physical opponents. But Slivka has played well so if he retains his place it’s on merit.

I wouldn't change a winning formula.

I'm liking what JR is doing and have faith in him, but I wonder why he sees no place in the team for Halberg ????

I'm liking what JR is doing and have faith in him, but I wonder why he sees no place in the team for Halberg ????

Think its mair the case of unfortunate for Melker having an off game against Hamilton and players coming in being on their game - Whittaker, Omeonga and Docherty have all been superb since coming in (Slivka also got pulled at half time in that game and has only just got back in) Competition is good.

Picked up an illness but played on Tuesday against Huddersfield. Needs to take his chance to get back in.

Cant say I took to Jack Ross's tactics or team selections very quickly but the last few games have been winning me over. We're starting to entertain and look like a proper Hibs team again.

With Slivka, Docherty, Omeonga, Hallberg, Allan, Whittaker & Murray all fighting for the 3 central midfield jerseys we're in a good place. When he's fit Mallan may struggle to get on the bench let alone in the first 11.

Would love to think that Hibs put an option-to-buy clause in the Docherty deal. Bet the Hun insisted on such a clause for Kamberi.

Hibs win and up to 5th place.

**** say I took to Jack Ross's tactics or team selections very quickly but the last few games have been winning me over. We're starting to entertain and look like a proper Hibs team again.

With Slivka, Docherty, Omeonga, Hallberg, Allan, Whittaker & Murray all fighting for the 3 central midfield jerseys we're in a good place. When he's fit Mallan may struggle to get on the bench let alone in the first 11.

Would love to think that Hibs put an option-to-buy clause in the Docherty deal. Bet the Hun insisted on such a clause for Kamberi.

No such option for Kamberi according to media reports.

But that doesn't mean there isn't one......

Cash up front please.

No such option for Kamberi according to media reports.

But that doesn't mean there isn't one....

Cash up front please.

Straight swap would be fine. Now. If club had been more forward thinking it could've been made permanent in January plus substantial cash to us. Its not as if its a surprise Docherty's so good. Shrewsbury's Player of the Year last year, scoring goals freely from midfield. Meanwhile, Kamberi has scored the square root of fuck all for them.

Reactions: Zab
**** say I took to Jack Ross's tactics or team selections very quickly but the last few games have been winning me over. We're starting to entertain and look like a proper Hibs team again.

I agree, it was fairly pragmatic to begin with. However seeing the absolute mess across the city being caused by their Head Coach trying to change too much too quickly, I’m glad Jack Ross approached it the way he has.

My only change would be Omeonga for Slivka, just for the extra energy/bite against Livi who have both in abundance.

Hope we start strong again and dont need early subs and a second half rescue job.

Looking forward to it. Positive vibes around the Hibs again.
Me to on that change
I have such a good feeling re hibs at the moment I fancy us to get 3 points on sat
Won’t be at a game until the derby on the 3 rd
Did go to AM v L pool on Thursday and was amazing atmosphere

Livi's away form has been poor this season certainly in comparison with their outstanding home record. That said they came very close to beating us at ER earlier in the season and then gubbed us 2-0 on their artificial pitch at New Year. They have some decent players, not least Lyndon Dykes whom I would like to see at Hibs next season if we cannot get McNulty back.
Hibs should be going into this game full of confidence and although it will be difficult and we will have to work hard, I am going for a 2-1 win for Hibs.

Last edited:
Livi's away form has been poor this season certainly in comparison with their outstanding home record. That said they came very close to beating us at ER earlier in the season and then gubbed us 2-0 on their artificial pitch at New Year. They have some decent players, not least Lyndon Dykes whom I would like to see at Hibs next season if we cannot get McNulty back.
Hibs should be going into this game full of confidence and although it will be difficult and we will have to work hard, I am going for a 2-1 win for Hibs.
My feeling is a win by one, maybe two with a hard fought game, they haven't won in their last three away and scored no goals in them. They have though only conceded one goal in two of those losses and two goals in the other. The two goal defeat was to Ross County and the other games were to ICT and the Huns.

I'm inclined to stick with the same team which is a winning one. Vicky Slivka has been excellent the past two games and doesn't deserve to lose his place. The past couple of games as well I've been quite pleased overall with what I've seen. We've played well and I'm actually looking forward to today which is the first time in a wee while.

I'm inclined to stick with the same team which is a winning one. Vicky Slivka has been excellent the past two games and doesn't deserve to lose his place. The past couple of games as well I've been quite pleased overall with what I've seen. We've played well and I'm actually looking forward to today which is the first time in a wee while.
Hibs 3-1

Newell is fit so same team as last week...maybe not. Stevenson now starting Hallberg on bench

Attachments

• CA9353DA-3E53-497F-AFE7-D49AEC375A5B.png
    CA9353DA-3E53-497F-AFE7-D49AEC375A5B.png
    367.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Ball not rolling particularly well, the reason games in these weathers should be off, slow scrappy start.

Pen hibs

Allan misses

Fuck sake

Poor penalty, strikers should be taking them.

Poor penalty, strikers should be taking them.
tbf he doesnae miss that many?

tbf he doesnae miss that many?
Hes missed a couple, in a game of probaly not many goals its important we take those opportunities.

So....

Chris scores goals, regularly, then he can look look like a Gunts player the next minute.

Waddyatink?

Hibernian Forever!
What sort of crowd today - best guess attendance 14-15?

I'd take Slivka off at H/T.

Slivka’s having a bit of a nightmare.

Asbo rank rotten. Wish it was FT

Slivka’s having a bit of a nightmare.

No as much as allan

I'd swap McNulty for gullan and allan for omenga

Id get Omeonga on, does nothing wrong and gets dropped for a few games. Stevenson hasnt been very good either.

Last edited:
Jamie are you in the west
East mate

Reactions: Boo
No as much as allan

Needs Omeonga in beside him.

Get in!!

Yaas, i wanna, i wanna...

Yaas, i wanna, i wanna...
Doidge ?

What a signing - love him hope he gets in next welsh squad I will ask him to set up a round of golf at Bales private course

We need more than one here!! Come on Hibs

This thread has been viewed 6803 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£100.75
Back