• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Glenn Middleton Signs for Hibernian on a 1 Year Loan

Once you start rejecting players on the basis of what team they come from, you are actively partaking in bigotry yourself and - in this instance - prolonging the whole OF sectarian ethos.

Most professional players play for cash first, team second. That's why they are called 'professional'.

Bring on the necessary hun I say.

I can assure you I’m not a celtic ira lover , In some eyes possibly a wierdo ?

Just in the eyes of a bad speller Joe.

Some ego on you thinking that everybody is talking about you gadge
I was referring to a possible inference

Just in the eyes of a bad speller Joe.
What happened to i before e except after c ?

Grab a packet of home brand and chill the fek out Joe.

You’ve given your view (over and over), but ultimately we’re at the decision time now and every one of our opinion counts for Brussel sprout.

Let’s see how well the Hun rat does for us.
I’ll be celebrating a goal of his the same as if a decent Cnut had scored.

Best wishes

What happened to i before e except after c ?

I wouldn’t give any weight to that old saying Joe.
I think the Scientologists ruined it.

Or possibly the atheists.

People have their own opinions , I was merely stating mine , while pointing out a few home truths

You're not pointing out any truths though, they are just more of your opinions.

Darren was and always will be a Hibby and it wasn’t a loan , big difference ?
Do you think he gave his all for that other mob?

Professional footballers (i before o) should park their allegiances and most do. I deliberately posted Darren in the royal blue next to the wee Gunt in a Hibs strip. The laddie has actually asked to come to us over playing in Eredivisie. That alone says something.

Allegiances, and you were doing ever so well with you I and O

I'm just as bad, your I and O

Say what you like about Lenny, but one things for sure. This debate wouldn't be taking place if he was still aboot

Say what you like about Lenny, but one things for sure. This debate wouldn't be taking place if he was still aboot
Why?

Well he isnae. He jumped ship for the soapies at his first opportunity. Besides, I'd like tae think that any professional manager of Hibernian, having the option of getting a decent player on loan from anyone where it might improve his teams' chances of winning, would jump at the chance. Wouldn't you?

Well he isnae. He jumped ship for the soapies at his first opportunity. Besides, I'd like tae think that any professional manager of Hibernian, having the option of getting a decent player on loan from anyone where it might improve his teams' chances of winning, would jump at the chance. Wouldn't you?
Exactly what I was just going to post

Id rather we didnt take any The Rangers players on loan.

Develop him for them....No thanks!

Can I change my mind? After seeing the rage fae the Hun that they’re loaning him I’m quite happy aboot this .

As a football fan you are entitled to be as fickle as fuck.

You can change your mind as many times a nanosecond as you can manage!

But the huns being sevcovians and as huffy puffy as a huffy puffy thing probably wouldn't have dealt with Hibs while Lennon was here.

If the guy gives 100%, he will receive 100% backing from the supporters. I don't doubt that for a minute.

If the guy gives 100%, he will receive 100% backing from the supporters. I don't doubt that for a minute.
I disagree. 100% of the support, naw...

Have you met the provisional wing of the Hunbernian support? Cause trouble in an empty hoose...they'll no be happy.

Cool yir jets, I'm just making the point, he'd be unlikely to be making deals with those of a hunnery persuasion and vice versa. Was meant to be a bit tounge in cheek.

Have you met the provisional wing of the Hunbernian support? Cause trouble in an empty hoose...they'll no be happy.
There was a fair few folk claiming that it Scott Allan returned they wouldn't be back ,some said they would not him.
Same with KT , same with Iain Murray. All 3 were welcomed back no problem.

okay ,maybe one or two will make a protest, but even then, if he scores a winner , even they will thaw.

There was a fair few folk claiming that it Scott Allan returned they wouldn't be back ,some said they would not him.
Same with KT , same with Iain Murray. All 3 were welcomed back no problem.

okay ,maybe one or two will make a protest, but even then, if he scores a winner , even they will thaw.
They really winnae...we're talking about some folk who hate us for not being more like the club they ought to support. Some grim moments last season in the aftermath of Lennongate...

I think that the Hibs family is a wide, diverse and disfunctional family, much like most families. Some of the comments on this thread don't sit well with me, but as the wide disfunctional family that we are, you let them go as everyone is entitled to their opinion, as long as its voiced in a fair and reasonable manner.

Cool yir jets, I'm just making the point, he'd be unlikely to be making deals with those of a hunnery persuasion and vice versa. Was meant to be a bit tounge in cheek.
You're probably right in that Lennon would be unlikely to deal with the Huns. That doesn't make a good manager that being the case as his job is to get the best team on the park. By turning down any player because of who they either play for or supported as a kid that's a managerial failure in my opinion. Your opinion differs from mine (as does a few others on here). That's fine, your opinion is as relevant as anyones.

Well here’s my view on it.....

He’s a young prospect from Norwich that went looking for game time and joined The Rangers.

I hate them more than most but I hope he smashes it @ the leith san siro Ggtth

One of the main protagonists of the Hunberniamisms was in front of me at Ibrox end of last season, brutal chat, he eventually moved when asked by other Hibs fans to stop singing his pathetic songs about Gordon Neely..

Aw this over a 19 year old kid. A winger too. Gad, I hope he is tough skinned.

Oor ain get a hard time big style. Fairly and unfairly.

He will have to be brilliant from the get go. That's the task. At 19 I can't see it, no matter his previous. He's gonna have to nail down a slot in our team and keep it cos he's playing that good.

Sorry, but I'm sceptical that this will happen. And that makes me think what's the point?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

One of the main protagonists of the Hunberniamisms was in front of me at Ibrox end of last season, brutal chat, he eventually moved when asked by other Hibs fans to stop singing his pathetic songs about Gordon Neely..
Ken whae yer on aboot, total walloper. Had a go at me on FB. Be nice tae bump intae him next time I'm up

[
Well here’s my view on it....

He’s a young prospect from Norwich that went looking for game time and joined The Rangers.

I hate them more than most but I hope he smashes it @ the leith san siro Ggtth
He's a Hun from weegie land originally. He relocated down south as a kid from what I've been told.

I'm sure it was more he wanted to stay in Scotland rather than play in the Dutch second division that he chose Hibs.

Most people here know where I lie as far as my sympathy for Republicanism is.Right now I support People Before Profit,during the troubles it was for Unconditional but Critical support for the Provos.But this isn't about this,this is about welcoming a young lad who is looking to improve his footballing career.If he comes from the Rangers so what?Unless he's singing the sash in the dressing room,or quoting passages out of Mein Kampf in front of Marciano I don't care. We ultimately want to get a European place and if this guy helps us.Good.
I've had to work with people with KKK tattoos with a big King Billy on his back,at the end of the day as long as we got the job done I little cared what he was like.I got the job done and rolled a joint and opened a bottle of wine when I got home.

Most people here know where I lie as far as my sympathy for Republicanism is.Right now I support People Before Profit,during the troubles it was for Unconditional but Critical support for the Provos.But this isn't about this,this is about welcoming a young lad who is looking to improve his footballing career.If he comes from the Rangers so what?Unless he's singing the sash in the dressing room,or quoting passages out of Mein Kampf in front of Marciano I don't care. We ultimately want to get a European place and if this guy helps us.Good.
I've had to work with people with KKK tattoos with a big King Billy on his back,at the end of the day as long as we got the job done I little cared what he was like.I got the job done and rolled a joint and opened a bottle of wine when I got home.
Nice one I agree with you 100%

You're probably right in that Lennon would be unlikely to deal with the Huns. That doesn't make a good manager that being the case as his job is to get the best team on the park. By turning down any player because of who they either play for or supported as a kid that's a managerial failure in my opinion. Your opinion differs from mine (as does a few others on here). That's fine, your opinion is as relevant as anyones.
I'm no giving an opinion or view on it buddy, just an observation. However, here's my tuppence worth on Mr Huddleton.
I've no problem with loan deals, we've benefited from them big time in recent years. What irks me about this though is the following. In the very recent past we've matched and often bettered sevco on the field (and obviously off it) but now it seems we're content to take players from them who clearly are not good enough for their first team. We should be striving to obtain players as good as, if not better than sevcos, not reducing our standards by taking scraps off their shitty table.
As for giving Glenn my support if he wears our top, yes I would, without question. But I do wonder if some of my fellow Hibees who ask this question are the same ones who shout dugs abuse at some of the present players in Hibs tops.
Cheers

Would also be happy to take Scotland U16, U17 and U19 Hibernian FC supporter striker Zak Rudden who the Huns loaned out to Falkirk last season. Curious if folk would have been opossed to Celtic loaning out Griffiths to Hibs, if things had not turned out as they have for him.

BIG G

I'm no giving an opinion or view on it buddy, just an observation. However, here's my tuppence worth on Mr Huddleton.
I've no problem with loan deals, we've benefited from them big time in recent years. What irks me about this though is the following. In the very recent past we've matched and often bettered sevco on the field (and obviously off it) but now it seems we're content to take players from them who clearly are not good enough for their first team. We should be striving to obtain players as good as, if not better than sevcos, not reducing our standards by taking scraps off their shitty table.
As for giving Glenn my support if he wears our top, yes I would, without question. But I do wonder if some of my fellow Hibees who ask this question are the same ones who shout dugs abuse at some of the present players in Hibs tops.
Cheers
In an ideal world that would be the case for every club. Take Scott Allan as an example. Frozen out at Celtc, didn't kick a ball for them, comes to us and he's arguably the best player in the squad. Should we have been saying to them to bolt too? This guy Middleton could be gash or he might be the spark to push us on to greater heights. If he's the difference between us beating teams like Aberdeen, rather than our usual results against them, then he can have a portrait of Ann Budge above his bed to chug tae if he likes.

Would also be happy to take Scotland U16, U17 and U19 Hibernian FC supporter striker Zak Rudden who the Huns loaned out to Falkirk last season. Curious if folk would have been opossed to Celtic loaning out Griffiths to Hibs, if things had not turned out as they have for him.

BIG G
Griffiths is one of us though.
In an ideal world that would be the case for every club. Take Scott Allan as an example. Frozen out at Celtc, didn't kick a ball for them, comes to us and he's arguably the best player in the squad. Should we have been saying to them to bolt too? This guy Middleton could be gash or he might be the spark to push us on to greater heights. If he's the difference between us beating teams like Aberdeen, rather than our usual results against them, then he can have a portrait of Ann Budge above his bed to chug tae if he likes.
I take yir point, but yir last comment there has put me aff ma cornflakes

I have nothing against Glenn Middleton , but loan deals are not freebies . Do we really want to be giving the rangers £150k which could be instrumental in avoiding administration ?
That my friends is the crux of the matter .
On the other hand scottish football would die without them ?

I have nothing against Glenn Middleton , but loan deals are not freebies . Do we really want to be giving the rangers £150k which could be instrumental in avoiding administration ?
That my friends is the crux of the matter .
On the other hand scottish football would die without them ?

Where is the 150K from?

Where is the 150K from?
We’d have to pay percentage of his wage , and wouldn’t imagine it would be peanuts .
Saying that , when it comes to money matters at Hibs , do we ever actually know ?
I’d imagine he’d be on decent money at the rangers and given their money woes , they’ll be trying to re-coup a good whack of it ?

We’d have to pay percentage of his wage , and wouldn’t imagine it would be peanuts .
Saying that , when it comes to money matters at Hibs , do we ever actually know ?
I’d imagine he’d be on decent money at the rangers and given their money woes , they’ll be trying to re-coup a good whack of it ?
So the 150K is just a guess?!

So the 150K is just a guess?!
So how much do you reckon it would cost ?
Defo not peanuts or every club would be doing it
Even £50k for the year would be too much ?

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 17207 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75