Glenn Middleton Signs for Hibernian on a 1 Year Loan

SKII

Bounce Radge
I hate loan deals and I especially hate the Huns. Boyle unfortunately is going to be out for quite some time and we don’t know if this will be a recurring injury or not. I’d rather buy a quality replacement than take a loan player from the Huns. If he does well there’s no chance we’d afford him and he’d either kick on and nail down a first team place for them, or be sold down south to give them more loot.

It’s a personal opinion, would rather avoid the situation we find ourselves in most season. This season it was McNulty and Omeonga. Couldn’t afford either of them and IMO replaced them with lesser quality players. We needed a winger with pace even before Martin got injured, so I don’t see it as cover. Also need a forward.
You hate loan deals, we know. But you hate when we buy players of lesser quality. There's the issue in a nutshell.
Loans let us have players of a quality we can't afford. We're not alone. It's not peculiar to Hibs.
This is a player who played just shy of 30 times last season for the team who finished 2nd to Celtc.

Our entire club, stadium the lot, cost the owner about the same as just one Man Utd player's shin.

SuperTortolano

Bounce Radge
You hate loan deals, we know. But you hate when we buy players of lesser quality. There's the issue in a nutshell.
Loans let us have players of a quality we can't afford. We're not alone. It's not peculiar to Hibs.
This is a player who played just shy of 30 times last season for the team who finished 2nd to Celtc.

Our entire club, stadium the lot, cost the owner about the same as just one Man Utd player's shin.

I do hate loans, but they are necessary, I get that. What I don’t want us to do is develop players for the likes of Huns and Celtic on our backs. Taking a loan with the option to buy, I’d be all for that. Taking loan players from down south I have no problem with. But developing talent for those two bigoted establishments and not being able to play the players against them, not for me.

EastMeetsWest

Bounce Radge
The boy is talented no doubt he would be able to do a job. Not keen on the loan deal but I dont see the difference in taking a player from that side of the OF compared to the other. Maybe because they smile when coming to the door of Hibs to rob it. Cant blame the lad for fans and again both sides have very flawed characters.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Beagle

Donator
Bounce Radge
If he improves us them we should take him, hun player or not. Ok, he cannot play against them but that doesn't follow that because of that arrangement the huns are going to pip anyone (far less celtc) to the title. His presence in our team might push us to winning the league? (stop laughing at the back).
The new owner, I feel, is another Farmer in that we will need to live within our means and he's not the sugar daddy everyone thinks. Nothing's changed at Hibs except the names.

Jack

Bounce Radge
Our record against celtc isn't very good, which isn't surprising given their resources. Take a regular player out, who's on loan from them and it's not going to make much difference. We're still unlikely to get points.

Our record against sevco is much better. Take a regular player out the team who's on loan from them and our chances of getting a result is much reduced.

EastMeetsWest

Bounce Radge
Our record against celtc isn't very good, which isn't surprising given their resources. Take a regular player out, who's on loan from them and it's not going to make much difference. We're still unlikely to get points.

Our record against sevco is much better. Take a regular player out the team who's on loan from them and our chances of getting a result is much reduced.
Since we've came up they narrowly had the better of us last season but season before we matched them all the way and some would argue we should've, could've beat them in the draws. Yes celtic miles apart in spending but they are a prime example of a club buying titles, they are completely underachieving on bigger platforms and have the cheek to blame the clubs they ho out to weaken. They have a few real quality players but overall are laughable.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

SKII

Bounce Radge
The Orcs have to try and lay a glove on their Ugly Sister this year. Fail to do so and they're looking down the barrel of an unprecedented 10 in a row. So, with that in mind, they've recruited at the expense of their own young players. Ojo is going to be more influential than Kent was, make no mistake. Jordan Jones is tried and tested at this level. This means Middleton was not going to get time. Stopping 10 in a row is all that matters. It's not indicative of the boy's ability.

Last edited:

AG1337

Bounce Radge
I don’t think many of us think it’s an ideal situation but we all want Hibs to do well.

Like a few have said, if he improves us then fine by me.

EA2007

Last Of The Summer Wine Radge
Bounce Radge

Maybe a better idea to concentrate on the 10 teams (and points) he can play in.

Alternatively, we could maybe pick up a less talented player who can play against the Hun.....

Green Sleeves

Bounce Radge
I hate that bit too. However, on yesterday’s evidence, beggars can’t be choosers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12500 season tickets sold
New rich owner claiming he'll put seven figure investment into the club. So far fuck all.
Then there's the McGinn money for Villa going up.
Plus our wage bill wont be any higher that last year with all the exits.

In seasons past the club used to make promises that ST money would go back into players.

With the resources the club has access to its feel likes we're in the back of a cab with Rod Steiger giving it "We could've been a contender."

And here we are in August short of at least 3 players now that Boyle is injured, wanting to borrow a hun. If he did well at Easter Rd they cash in like what happened with Omeonga and McNulty.

Also, once we start normalising relations with Hunbrox they'll soon be back trying to cherry picking our best players, something they were afraid to even try in the last few years. Only one winner out of a load deal and its aint us.

This is a short term fix for something that shouldn't even be a problem.

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
He looks a good player tbh but again can only echo the thoughts of other fans in that I don't want us developing a Sevco player. Additionally I've seen videos of the boy sucking up to their fans which is off putting enough. Surely there has to be an alternative if not in the UK then in Europe?

The Family

Capital Radge
Bounce Radge
As cover for an injury? That's what this is? He's no mug.

The last 2 seasons we got loans from the Harlem Globe Trotting League Champions. Two wingers. Neither played anywhere near enough games due to being continually injured. Don't want to be in that position again either.

We have no pace in the team and for me there should have been a player brought in to give Boyle competition even before he got injured, I have no issues with Middleton coming to us, although we still should have our own competition for that position, seemingly we had 15 players but come up with a loan player that won't be able to play against the Huns which is hard to take, we still need a defensive midfielder, winger and another striker, hopefully we get lucky with better quality of players becoming available nearer the end of the window but for me it's a risk.

SKII

Bounce Radge
Had a wee look at his stats. He was actually the top player for assists in the league last season on an "assist per 90 min" basis. His contributions via crosses that result in a goal is also right up there...and he was 3rd top in the league for delivering successful cross balls per 90 mins.
By Sauzee, the things that you can find out on tinternet...

Apparently possible loan signing from the Huns , question:-
1 are we helping them or 2
are they helping us .
1 no happy
2 doubt it
Thoughts please

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
£107.00
Earned