Covid -19 Graphs Scotland

Jack

Legend
Thanks. Not sure why the info shoul dbe so dramatically different.
The Tabby takes the official figures while the one I'm posting is one where individuals are self reporting. I suspect statisticians then get a hold of it and extrapolate the figures produced - although I don't know that as fact.

Going back through the thread you'll see we've discussed the issues with that.

The ups and downs have been fairly consistent with the official figures, sometimes even a wee bit ahead.

It's just another look at whats happening away from the official figures but backed by organisations with a pretty good rep so I'm content they're a fair reflection of whats happening.

Rocky

VIP Member
The Tabby takes the official figures while the one I'm posting is one where individuals are self reporting. I suspect statisticians then get a hold of it and extrapolate the figures produced - although I don't know that as fact.

Going back through the thread you'll see we've discussed the issues with that.

The ups and downs have been fairly consistent with the official figures, sometimes even a wee bit ahead.

It's just another look at whats happening away from the official figures but backed by organisations with a pretty good rep so I'm content they're a fair reflection of whats happening.
I looked into their calculation methodology, couple of key points with what they report:
- a maximum of 2% of the Edinburgh population use that app (probably half that I'd guess) so relatively small numbers of positives reported in the app will have a big effect. You can probably assume each positive test reported in the app translates to around 100 cases on that chart. That doesn't mean it's wrong, just that it'll be more volatile.
- the chart is showing active cases (i.e. how many people are currently infected) as opposed to new cases, and they're assuming that the average length of time people are infectious for is 13 days. So there'll be a fair old lag between new cases turning the corner and that chart starting to come down.

Power

VIP Member
CC5C9EAD-CCBB-40D8-8950-A68D9CEDAFA6.jpeg
This graph might give a good indication to where each Local Authority/Healthboard in the central belt will be heading into tier-wise in just over a week.

Hibee Kev

VIP Member
@Jack are we to take from these figures that the latest Covid restrictions are having little to no effect? Or would the acceleration in the number of Covid cases be far higher without these restrictions? Or are we still in the "lag phase" where the positive effects of the restrictions implemented on the 9th of October are still to be fully realised? :102:

Jack

Legend
@Jack are we to take from these figures that the latest Covid restrictions are having little to no effect? Or would the acceleration in the number of Covid cases be far higher without these restrictions? Or are we still in the "lag phase" where the positive effects of the restrictions implemented on the 9th of October are still to be fully realised? :102:
I think they're having a huge effect. Looking around Europe and beyond numbers are rocketing. At least we seem to be keeping a lid on it (ish) for now. 400,000 new cases the other day worldwide.

Scotland seems to be quite diverse with the numbers though but wouldn't take much for it to go tits up.

I don't think our tier system goes far enough.

Jack

Legend
Yesterday
World
Europe
UK
Scotland
+574,616
+299,925
+46,229
+1,281​
Screenshot_20201031-122843_COVID Symptom Study.jpg

I'm not sure I'll do all these figures again as it may lead to confusion around what the official numbers are and the wee graph I use. As far as I can make out yesterday's official figure for Edinburgh was 87.

Last edited:

Donate

Help The Bounce, Bounce

Can you Help At All?
Goal
Ā£107.00
Earned
Ā£75.00
This donation drive ends in
Visit Frutin Travel Visit Robertsons Garage Visit Hibs Picks