• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Chuffed for Doidge

Power

Private Member
Reaction score
Pleased for the big man today

What a difference having two committed bodies up front today (simple but instantly effective for the first goal with slick lay on).
Eddie May sounded as pleased as I am on the radio with them tae. Flo contributed heavily to the win today despite Christian getting the match baw.

C0987A33-72D2-4DC7-9132-CE22AAFEBF8C.jpeg

Play up you two.

Flo was superb. Man of the match for me.
No shirkers today.

Watching on Alba - flo set up both the first half goals?

It was never in any doubt that both Doidgey {could have had 4 or 5 goals today) and Flo are good players. Hopefully the board will appointment a manager that plays attacking football that starts both regularly.

Last edited:
Just watched the second goal again on Alba. Great drive from Naismith, brilliant skill and baw in fae Flo to match the well timed run and finish fae Doidge.

Allan’s peach and Doidge’s net buster coming.

Agree with shrink, Flo was fantastic today.

Think a lot of us are delighted for him.

One up top, and flo was not getting goals too - clearly that wasn’t working.

Fact we score 4 today surely shows that tactics were not working. Especially when some of the summer signings started and played well.

time to put the last couple of months behind us and start moving forward

As I mentioned elsewhere both showed what they could do playing alongside each other in pre season, thankfully May & Murray seen this also which was evident with the way we were lined up today. Heck will be kicking himself because that one change may have saved his job and we wouldn't be in this position.

Watching onAlba tae, Flo has been the difference, looks like he’s had the shackles took off him and is relishing his role. 62 minutes in and hibs have been a revelation. Just hame fae the pub tae so Mibbes a bit man overboard but after the last 10 weeks , it’s allowed??

Eddie May - “I've not been to one game - I choose not, since I’m in charge of the academy - and that's great for me, because I can't judge the players on what they've done in the past.

All I can do is look at what they've done in training since Tuesday, which is why I picked the team I did.
“It couldn't have gone any better and I'm pleased for the team.

The two up top certainly helped, they were both exceptional even though Christian got the goals.

it should be the standard this club sets out to achieve. If that’s not normal, what we saw today, and they’ve been exceptional here and not in other games, then we just have to ask the question of how they maintain it.”

Was Heckingbottom just too stubborn or did he just genuinely not see what we all did with playing 2 up top?

Agree with the thoughts of all on Doidge and Flo above. Have to say that I thought Hallberg was brilliant too. Jury is still well and truly out on Newell - he looked a bit better today but there’s just no urgency about anything he does. Great to see Slivka back, thought he did well until he tired but that was to be expected.

I'm so glad I was wrong about doidge. Watched game on alba as the wife had visitors but what a difference two up top makes. From me the midfield became a bit ping pong but over all that was the best performance we've had all season.

I hadn't completely written him off, still thought there was a player in there somewhere. Hopefully he kicks on and has a great season.

Hand up✋, thought he was a dud, if he disnae score hat tricks in the next 8 games, I’m no gonni change my mind, if he does ??? I’ll apologise.:grinning-smiley-045:

Big Flo was brilliant today! Why the fuck Hecky never palyed him is beyond me

Big Flo was brilliant today! Why the fuck Hecky never palyed him is beyond me

Doidge got a hatrick, Flo was the difference, both were smashing.

Was Heckingbottom just too stubborn or did he just genuinely not see what we all did with playing 2 up top?

Agree with the thoughts of all on Doidge and Flo above. Have to say that I thought Hallberg was brilliant too. Jury is still well and truly out on Newell - he looked a bit better today but there’s just no urgency about anything he does. Great to see Slivka back, thought he did well until he tired but that was to be expected.
Don't forget Naismith solid at the back some great SDGesque slid tackles when needed and stood up well to keep attackers at bay. There was some lovely football played there today and a Hibs team that actually looked and played like a Hibs team. Hope we build on this performance. Currently we are sitting at 8th which is were we were when Heckingbottom took over.
Great day well worth the trip up, onwards and upwards. Hope that's the floodgates open for Doidge. :lovey:

Don't forget Naismith solid at the back some great SDGesque slid tackles when needed and stood up well to keep attackers at bay. There was some lovely football played there today and a Hibs team that actually looked and played like a Hibs team. Hope we build on this performance. Currently we are sitting at 8th which is were we were when Heckingbottom took over.
Great day well worth the trip up, onwards and upwards. Hope that's the floodgates open for Doidge. :lovey:

Absolutely GJ.

Naismith and Hallberg were proper good today tae. To a man they all put a shift in.

Whoever gave the motivational rocket before the game deserves a beer.

Absolutely GJ.

Naismith and Hallberg were proper good today tae. To a man they all put a shift in.

Hope you weren’t too chilly with no coat mate ( saw you near the ground )

Hope you weren’t too chilly with no coat mate ( saw you near the ground )

Definitely Baltic after FT.

Hibs Macron fleecy toap and underarmour was just alright. Wish I brought gloves ? though!

I hadn't completely written him off, still thought there was a player in there somewhere. Hopefully he kicks on and has a great season.
Still doesn't win many headers but was great along side Flo and a hat trick to boot. Were would we be in the league if we'd played like this from the start.

Absolutely GJ.

I think the motivation was simply due to Heckingbottom not being in charge.
It seemed to resonate through the team and fans alike. Think we all wanted Heckingbottom and his signings to succeed God knows they were given more than enough time but it was plain to see that HE certainly wasn't the man for the job. As for his signings under a new manager time will tell. Today the ones that did play, played with a sense of freedom like shackles had been removed. It's hard not to get carried away (remember man.u when TheGunnar took over) but let's hope that today's performance is a taste of things to come cos that was a pleasure to watch.

Flo was superb. Man of the match for me.
No shirkers great flo is class . Numbnuts couldnt develop the system that best suits our forwards.hes a clown , manof the match for me was ryan porteous -a kid that understands our club his tackling was baresi like . Lewis was superb too.
let's keep it going hibs

Excellent. Well done lad.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I liked how we warmed up too.

Whitty taking the back 4 aside and practising headers etc.

Good HIBS.

Undoubtedly the early goal was both a massive relief and much needed shot of confidence.

I'd had a bit of a moan about his lack of movement in the box so was delighted to see him make a run towards the near post across his marker and flick it deftly in. Was a proper strikers goal that. A powerful header rounded off a well deserved hat trick.

Feels like a clean slate for everyone this week..hopefully we kick on now and put the.last few.months of mostly unremitting misery behind us.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A few winnable games then a very hard December coming up

It was never in any doubt that both Doidgey {could have had 4 or 5 goals today) and Flo are good players. Hopefully the board will appointment a manager that plays attacking football that starts both regularly.
Actually lets be honest.Up until today with Doidge it was very much in doubt.

I think yesterday was partly a reaction from the players - lots of question marks over them as not being good enough and summer recruitment being poor, they have a new manager to convince now.

I hope they sustain it - looking at the goals though, I’m forming an opinion that the players are decent enough.

I think yesterday was partly a reaction from the players - lots of question marks over them as not being good enough and summer recruitment being poor, they have a new manager to convince now.

I hope they sustain it - looking at the goals though, I’m forming an opinion that the players are decent enough.
Quite right. Regardless of the goals which is the most important thing, the overall play was sharp and precise. There weren't many loose passes and there seemed to be a hunger everyone wanted a piece of the action.
You can sum up how good the game was in the fact that Lewis Stevenson isn't the headline act in most of these posts. The last few games he's been the only player you could write something good about.
Hope the other players Vela etc. can up their game now that they see how Hibs are expected to play because all they 'll have experienced in a Hibs shirt is the Heckingbottom way.
Let's build on this guys.

This thread has been viewed 2574 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50