Tv series

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
I am still watching Designated Survivor, is it just me or does it start being a bit of a mental watch half way through series 2?
Yeah it's like they chuck a few dozen plot ideas in a hat and just pick it out 3 or 4 of them at random for every episode. Then bodge them into a storyline that needs wrapped up in 40 minutes. Still entertaining but you really need to suspend disbelief to go along with it.

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Billions is back on Sky Atlantic

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Billions is back on Sky Atlantic
Started watching the series.
Think I’m about half way through series 2. Is it worth sticking or does it just go on and on and on and on.

Two Headed Boy

Private Member
Reaction score
The wife and I just finished watching Brand New Cherry Flavour on Netflix. It's fucking bonkers but well worth a watch of you're up for some horror-tindged, darkly comic, trippyness.

Witches, curses, people vomiting up kittens... That's all in the first episode, it gets weirder from there. All played very straight though with no fourth wall breaking, or winking at the camera.

It reminded me of glossy, gory version of Twin Peaks.

Great early 90s alt.rock soundtrack too.

insights.jpg

Hibee Kev

Private Member
Reaction score
The wife and I just finished watching Brand New Cherry Flavour on Netflix. It's fucking bonkers but well worth a watch of you're up for some horror-tindged, darkly comic, trippyness.

Witches, curses, people vomiting up kittens... That's all in the first episode, it gets weirder from there. All played very straight though with no fourth wall breaking, or winking at the camera.

It reminded me of glossy, gory version of Twin Peaks.

Great early 90s alt.rock soundtrack too.

View attachment 6633
Binge-watched “The Mist” on Netflix last week, not as good as the film but quite enjoyed it. Shouldn’t have bothered though as it appears the show got cancelled and there is no season 2! 😩

PILTONSTANY

Shameless Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Started watching the series.
Think I’m about half way through series 2. Is it worth sticking or does it just go on and on and on and on.
I’d probably watch 2 and 3 then give up,it’s starting to go on and on.

Two Headed Boy

Private Member
Reaction score
Binge-watched “The Mist” on Netflix last week, not as good as the film but quite enjoyed it. Shouldn’t have bothered though as it appears the show got cancelled and there is no season 2! 😩
Ah well, at least you won't have to go through that ending again.

I like the movie version. I wish it had used practical effects though. The early 00s CGI really dates it at times.

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I recently finished and enjoyed Designated Survivor and last night finished the very decent The Defeated on Netflix.

Reactions: Zab

Weehibbydrew

Mellowed Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Just finished, and enjoyed, Clickbait on Netflix

Zab

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I’ve just finished rewatching The Sopranos, I think it’s the third time I’ve watched the entire show all the way through. Simply magnificent.

I’ve enjoyed watching plenty of other shows over the years, but The Sopranos is still just that little bit better than anything else.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Ah well, at least you won't have to go through that ending again.

I like the movie version. I wish it had used practical effects though. The early 00s CGI really dates it at times.
Most horrific ending to a film ever.

Braehead Cabbage

Baldy radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Just finished watching Help.
Stephen Graham is one of the best actors ever but he's eclipsed by Jodie Cromer

Keithd1875

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
Funds
Just finished watching Help.
Stephen Graham is one of the best actors ever but he's eclipsed by Jodie Cromer
Going to watch that soon, killing eve is good and Steven graham is fuckin brilliant in everything I've seen him in especially this is England

Hammi

Top radge
Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I’ve just finished rewatching The Sopranos, I think it’s the third time I’ve watched the entire show all the way through. Simply magnificent.

I’ve enjoyed watching plenty of other shows over the years, but The Sopranos is still just that little bit better than anything else.

Couldn't agree more.

Doc Shrink

Curmudgeon Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Started watching 'Your Honor' with Bryan Cranston. Two episodes in.
Decent and looks promising. The series, not Bryan.

Bryan says it's good too, but he's away filling up the glasses in the kitchen just now.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 90781 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£10.00