• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The bottle bam

Weehibbydrew

Mellowed Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Strong statement from Leeann. Costing the club a lot of money. Hope someone shops the Buckie bampot.

Think there were strong opinions expressed on 'grassing' on a fellow Hibby, particularly if he was a mate or even an acquaintance. Also concern expressed re confronting such behaviour at the time.

I can understand both views.

But there's no place for this :852: at Hibs.

(*Hides behind keyboard :070: )

my view, not a fellow Hibee:53:'grassing' is a cop out word, what if he had done serious damage?

If the current CCTV has been unable to identify the culprit, then it will have needed upgrading anyway.

Think there were strong opinions expressed on 'grassing' on a fellow Hibby, particularly if he was a mate or even an acquaintance. Also concern expressed re confronting such behaviour at the time.

I can understand both views.

But there's no place for this :852: at Hibs.

(*Hides behind keyboard :070: )
I'm uncomfortable with the concept of 'grassing' too but on balance I think I'm more uncomfortable with some bell end dragging the good name of our club through the mud, not to mention costing us money that could have been enough to fund a development player for a year. Or a first team player for all I know.

Nobody has mentioned,as to why the bottle chucker managed to smuggle the bottle into the ground in the first place-quite easily,and how the person managed to down a half bottle without somebody noticing.It came from near the front,so must have been quite spotable.

my view, not a fellow Hibee:53:'grassing' is a cop out word, what if he had done serious damage?

He should own up really, and then nobody would need to grass would they?

deary fucking me

Forget all the 'grassing' pish.
He broke the law by taking it into the ground in the first place.
He then threw it at someone.
He could have caused serious injury.
Think about it.

Can't remember the folks who were so 'anti-grass' previously, but as there has been no such opinions expressed thus far it would appear that either they don't want to put head above parapet in case they get bottled, they are no longer posting, or maybe have changed their views due to the increasing misbehaviours.

Maybe their bottle has crashed?

Forget all the 'grassing' pish.
He broke the law by taking it into the ground in the first place.
He then threw it at someone.
He could have caused serious injury.
Think about it.
Exactly. Not grassing on anyone is an unwritten rule for dickheads who think idiots who cause shit in society are 'one of their own' because it didn't have an impact on them but towards the opposition.
Take away the whole possible injury to Sinclair (or anyone else) if it hit him, the spotlight recently has turned on the anti social behaviour of primarily Celtc and The Rangers fans and this was an opportunity for Hibs to show that we are better than that. What happens? Some fuckin prick lobs a bottle at a player, live on TV screened worldwide, and Hibs are all over the front and back pages for all the wrong reasons. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot!!!
It let those two horrible fanbases off the hook and paints us as dangerous as fuckin ISIS and has probably cost us a fortune in fines but definitely cost us in goodwill.
But let's not grass the prick up eh.

Looks like it cost quite a few bob to upgrade the CCTV too according to Leeann's statement.

Pretty sure that folk around the eejit will have pointed the finger after the event so he may well end up in a bit of bother yet.

And it's likely the rest of of will be subject to more rigorous policing and stewarding in future.

I wouldn't tell if i knew who it was.

Why not? Are you happy to let the country's media and authorities drag our club's name through the mud? Are you happy that the real sectarian issues and bigotry, and those who are the purveyors of it, have been given an easy ride because of some clown's deliberate act of criminality?
Explain away........

Why not? Are you happy to let the country's media and authorities drag our club's name through the mud? Are you happy that the real sectarian issues and bigotry, and those who are the purveyors of it, have been given an easy ride because of some clown's deliberate act of criminality?
Explain away........

Give over dude. The sectarian issue will never be challenged with or without bottle throwing.

Give over dude. The sectarian issue will never be challenged with or without bottle throwing.

I think you’ve a point - I was going to phone up the Clyde phone in to see if you are still allowed to talk about sectarianism this week as it’s normally a taboo subject.

I think you’ve a point - I was going to phone up the Clyde phone in to see if you are still allowed to talk about sectarianism this week as it’s normally a taboo subject.

The issue is dodged at every opportunity and that will never change. For me is the question why?

Has it been confirmed it actually was a Hibs fan that threw the bottle? I regularly come across opposing fans where I sit.

I would

Has it been confirmed it actually was a Hibs fan that threw the bottle? I regularly come across opposing fans where I sit.

I hope you’re sitting in the away stand then.
And that’s actually quite disturbing.

Whilst that may be true you still haven't excused your stance on the bottle thrower

Whataboutery shouldn't be an issue here. Throwing a glass bottle in a crowded public place is despicable no matter what songs are being sung.

?????????

Whataboutery shouldn't be an issue here. Throwing a glass bottle in a crowded public place is despicable no matter what songs are being sung.
Dunno if you're meaning my contribution, but just to be clear, I'm not making any whataboutery, I'm pointing out that the bottle throwers actions have deflected away from the issue of of sectarianism and the behaviour of followers of the gruesome twosome, when it's their continued shithousery that should have been the talking points after the weekend but ended up with us getting pilloried because of one fuckwit who's actions some folk on here a quite content with ut seems.

Dunno if you're meaning my contribution, but just to be clear, I'm not making any whataboutery, I'm pointing out that the bottle throwers actions have deflected away from the issue of of sectarianism and the behaviour of followers of the gruesome twosome, when it's their continued shithousery that should have been the talking points after the weekend but ended up with us getting pilloried because of one fuckwit who's actions some folk on here a quite content with ut seems.
Sorry, I was replying to stickyRicky.

A night tune game against the Huns next, what could possibly go wrong

Last edited:
A night tune game against the Huns next, what cold possibly go wrong

Indeed.
You're clearly in the middle of a bad spell as it is Mandy.
:lookaround:

Explain away........
Not to defend Ricky's choice of not informing on the bottle thrower, but I dunno how anyone informing on the arsehole ( because throwing a bottle is clearly the actions of an arsehole) would stop any of the things you suggest it would.

How would finding the thrower stop the media and authorities looking for ways to spread the poison throughout the clubs? The media piece I saw a couple of days ago pretty much used Hibs on 3 separate occasions...Saturday night, 21/05 and a derby when there was a scrap at the top of lothian road. We're an easy target for the media looking to deflect or at least share the blame of football related crap in Scotland.That's not changing anytime soon.

If I mind rightly, you are - or were a police?- so you'll be aware that sectarianism and bigotry have been given an easy ride by the authorities and police for a long time, way before the bottle thrower was conceived I'd guess, so it's a leap to suggest fingering (!) the daftie would help ease that particular stain on our society.

Not to defend Ricky's choice of not informing on the bottle thrower, but I dunno how anyone informing on the arsehole ( because throwing a bottle is clearly the actions of an arsehole) would stop any of the things you suggest it would.

How would finding the thrower stop the media and authorities looking for ways to spread the poison throughout the clubs? The media piece I saw a couple of days ago pretty much used Hibs on 3 separate occasions...Saturday night, 21/05 and a derby when there was a scrap at the top of lothian road. We're an easy target for the media looking to deflect or at least share the blame of football related crap in Scotland.That's not changing anytime soon.

If I mind rightly, you are - or were a police?- so you'll be aware that sectarianism and bigotry have been given an easy ride by the authorities and police for a long time, way before the bottle thrower was conceived I'd guess, so it's a leap to suggest fingering (!) the daftie would help ease that particular stain on our society.
You're not getting my point. There has been a shift in the perception of bigotry this past wee while, mainly following on from the priest in Glasgow being spat upon as an orange march passed. The two clubs who have the biggest issue are now being placed under the microscope to seek to eradicate it (aye, I know). What I'm saying is, that last weekend, when the whole country's disgust should have been centred on how the support of those two clubs behave, resulted in that ire being directed towards Hibernian and it was all due to the bottle throwing arsehole. It gave Celtc and The rangers an out. It was the, 'Oh look, a squirrel' moment. Some may not agree with that viewpoint but that's how I see it and others will agree.
Now, I'm not equating sectarianism with what transpired at ER. What I am saying is that if supporters are not prepared to grass this guy whose actions have tarnished the reputations of both the club and wider fan-base, then it only suggests to the outside world that we as a support condone it.
I wonder if people's opinions would be different if the bottle had hit a fellow Hibs fan? If so, then ask yourself what's the difference?

Whilst that may be true you still haven't excused your stance on the bottle thrower

I don't have to.

I don't have to.
Suit yourself

Throwing a quarter bottle at someone, in any situation, is as scummy as it gets.

Throwing a quarter bottle at someone, in any situation, is as scummy as it gets.
No it isn't.

Half bottle would be worse...

Reactions: Zab
One wee point, Hibs stated two bottles were thrown, one from the home end, one from the away end. Why is the second bottle not being discussed or does that underline Beagles point about deflection?

One wee point, Hibs stated two bottles were thrown, one from the home end, one from the away end. Why is the second bottle not being discussed or does that underline Beagles point about deflection?

See I’d see that as reason enough to stop and search all the huns going to game.

See I’d see that as reason enough to stop and search all the huns going to game.

But not us?
It's gonna be a messy night.
Friday night football is the best though.

On the topic, I think it's a lowlife move. Not someome I'd be looking to actively protect.
Don't have much in the way of time for people like that. Been hit with a bottle, it didn't smash, wasn't pleasant.

You're not getting my point. There has been a shift in the perception of bigotry this past wee while, mainly following on from the priest in Glasgow being spat upon as an orange march passed. The two clubs who have the biggest issue are now being placed under the microscope to seek to eradicate it (aye, I know). What I'm saying is, that last weekend, when the whole country's disgust should have been centred on how the support of those two clubs behave, resulted in that ire being directed towards Hibernian and it was all due to the bottle throwing arsehole. It gave Celtc and The rangers an out. It was the, 'Oh look, a squirrel' moment. Some may not agree with that viewpoint but that's how I see it and others will agree.
Now, I'm not equating sectarianism with what transpired at ER. What I am saying is that if supporters are not prepared to grass this guy whose actions have tarnished the reputations of both the club and wider fan-base, then it only suggests to the outside world that we as a support condone it.
I wonder if people's opinions would be different if the bottle had hit a fellow Hibs fan? If so, then ask yourself what's the difference?
I do not get this I am not a grass, Eastender Phil Mitchel patter. Total fuckng nonsense.
If you were on holiday and came back to your house being screwed everything you own robbed and human shite to meet you in your kitchen floor. Devistated you are informed by someone who gives you the name of some fucker trying to sell your possessions . Would you step back and use the comical, I am not a grass blithering nonsense.

BIG G

Some of us like to enjoy a swig from a Hipflask or a sly can at games,this knob will bring attention now. What a tube.

But not us?
It's gonna be a messy night.
Friday night football is the best though.

On the topic, I think it's a lowlife move. Not someome I'd be looking to actively protect.
Don't have much in the way of time for people like that. Been hit with a bottle, it didn't smash, wasn't pleasant.

If we’re upgrading the cctv it’s not so vital to check our fans because hibs should know who is supposed to be sitting in every seat in the home end. It’s a lottery in the away end, and given the Celtic end threw as many bottles as the whole hibs end it’s much more prevalent in the away end.

This thread has been viewed 7122 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75