• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Summer 2021 Rumours

Cannot believe the players above Scott Allan and their value, Boyle above Porto too not a chance, we all know our main assets are Nisbet, Doig and Porto.
you'd snatch a few of those values right away

you'd snatch a few of those values right away

Too right mate.

I heard it’s coming home. Probs a loadi shite.

Stevie Mallan heading back to Turkey for a permanent move to the club he was loaned out to last season according to some reports in the Turkish media.

I just don't think Jack Ross ever rated him.

He was limited as a player, but he could score goals from midfield and for me we don't have anything like enough of that in our squad.

Ross in the press today saying he wants a striker and more competition in defence.

Can't really see anyone arguing with that.

At least we know there is a limit on the number of central midfielders one manager can need.

Ross in the press today saying he wants a striker and more competition in defence.

At least we know there is a limit on the number of central midfielders one manager can need.
If Nisbet goes, we will need two strikers in.
Likewise if Porteous goes, we will need two central defenders in.
This is the problem when other clubs want your players, they will wait as long as possible before submitting bids, which is no use to the manager when he is trying to plan ahead for the season and getting a squad prepared.

If Nisbet goes, we will need two strikers in.
Likewise if Porteous goes, we will need two central defenders in.
This is the problem when other clubs want your players, they will wait as long as possible before submitting bids, which is no use to the manager when he is trying to plan ahead for the season and getting a squad prepared.

I don't think Hibs will fall for that wee ploy.
The The Huns are allegedly also interested in Nisbet, but if he's going anywhere it will have to be soon. There's no chance we will be left scrabbling about looking for a striker at the last minute.
Either Hibs will have a replacement lined up right now, or Nisbet is here for another wee spell.
I'd say the same for Porto.
We're not afraid to say 'Naw' when it doesn't suit us to sell.

Stevie Mallan heading back to Turkey for a permanent move to the club he was loaned out to last season according to some reports in the Turkish media.

I just don't think Jack Ross ever rated him.

He was limited as a player, but he could score goals from midfield and for me we don't have anything like enough of that in our squad.

Scotty Allan can score goals from midfield, I can see more midfield players leaving also, if we want to continue pushing for being 3rd this season then we need better quality players.

Spoke to Ron in the shop yesterday, apparently that's what they're working on

I wish we were in for O’Donnell certainly missed a trick with that one.

I wish we were in for O’Donnell certainly missed a trick with that one.

I really don't think so. He's a good enough player but not one I'm gutted we never signed.

Plus, he obviously wants to play for Motherwell. 3 contracts in a year he's signed for them. 2 short term and 1 long term.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zab
I really don't think so. He's a good enough player but not one I'm gutted we never signed.

Plus, he obviously wants to play for Motherwell. 3 contracts in a year he's signed for them. 2 short term and 1 long term.

He is a very good player mate and he would have improved us. Great business for Motherwell.

He is a very good player mate and he would have improved us. Great business for Motherwell.

Great business for them and us should be 2 different things imo.

Genuinely think Cadden is a better option and I think he'd have shown that if not for random bad luck with his back.

Great business for them and us should be 2 different things imo.

Genuinely think Cadden is a better option and I think he'd have shown that if not for random bad luck with his back.

Never seen much of Cadden either as he was injured, my opinion is O’Donnell would have been a tremendous piece of business by us, Scottish internationalist also.

He is from Wishy and a relative of a past and much missed Bounce Admin. He is a Celtc fan though.

Anyone hearing we are after another American that is highly rated?

Anyone hearing we are after another American that is highly rated?

Nope. Hope it's a commanding defender.

I cannot believe I am typing this but I understand Daz YLT has been told to find another club which I am hoping is Tom Kite, anyone heard?

I cannot believe I am typing this but I understand Daz YLT has been told to find another club which I am hoping is Tom Kite, anyone heard?

There's a post going around saying he's on the list of players available to swap plus cash for McCart.

But he has a contract like Sir Daves, I'd be surprised and pretty disappointed tbh.

There's a post going around saying he's on the list of players available to swap plus cash for McCart.

But he has a contract like Sir Daves, I'd be surprised and pretty disappointed tbh.

If Daz wants to go and play regular football then I don’t think Hibs should (or would) stand in his way. I would be surprised if we’re offering him around, unless he’s made it known he won’t be happy being 4th choice.

I'll be surprised if Darren McGregor was being offered to other clubs as part of any potential player exchange deal. For a start he is 36 years old so any move from Hibs would be downwards and only for a year at best, and I can't see that sort of move being an attraction for him. Secondly, his knee problems mean he can't play every week anyway. He only recently signed a long contract with Hibs which meant he would be part of the club long term with possibly coaching duties similar to David Gray.

If they lose both McCart and Rooney that makes sense as they would need cover, my concern is if Porto leaves I would rather have Daz around and also disappointed if he isn’t 👍

If Daz wants to go and play regular football then I don’t think Hibs should (or would) stand in his way. I would be surprised if we’re offering him around, unless he’s made it known he won’t be happy being 4th choice.

It'd be hard to tell him no, but I'd offer him the chance on a loan so he can retire here and retain his contract.
Hes bound to be doing his badges.
A wee management team in the future of head coach sir Gray and assistant Daz having come through the system would appeal to me.
If the club itself is in good shape at that point the inexperience wouldn't be an issue anywhere near the levels of when Sauzee took over (different not going directly into the job I know)
At his age and prospects of being available every week, he wouldn't add any monetary value to any incoming transfer.
If they lose both McCart and Rooney that makes sense as they would need cover, my concern is if Porto leaves I would rather have Daz around and also disappointed if he isn’t 👍

The list going around is basically every player not in the first team and least likely to get sustained game time..

Daz, Hallberg, Wright, Gullan and Campbell.
Sounds more like a semi educated guess at possibilities.

I've always thought that Hibs need four central defenders fighting it out for a starting spot. We got away with only having two for practically the whole of last season, Hanlon and Porteous. Darren McGregor played sporadically near the end of the season and his experience and leadership qualities helped the team over the line for third spot. In my view he should have started the cup final but let's not go over that again.

IMO we have never replaced Adam Jackson. We need two right sided and two left sided central defenders all competing with each other. If we sign McCart he will challenge Paul Hanlon and IMO that's what Paul needs...someone challenging him for his position in the team. He's not getting any younger and we will need to replace him pretty soon anyway. Porteous, despite still having a lot to learn, well I hope he stays and becomes a future Hibs captain however I am not convinced, despite his rhetoric in the media, that wants to be at Hibs for much longer. For me we need another left sided and right sided central defender in.

It'd be hard to tell him no, but I'd offer him the chance on a loan so he can retire here and retain his contract.
Hes bound to be doing his badges.
A wee management team in the future of head coach sir Gray and assistant Daz having come through the system would appeal to me.
If the club itself is in good shape at that point the inexperience wouldn't be an issue anywhere near the levels of when Sauzee took over (different not going directly into the job I know)
At his age and prospects of being available every week, he wouldn't add any monetary value to any incoming transfer.

The list going around is basically every player not in the first team and least likely to get sustained game time..

Daz, Hallberg, Wright, Gullan and Campbell.
Sounds more like a semi educated guess at possibilities.

Hallberg injured? I would offer Wright to them

Hallberg injured? I would offer Wright to them

He'll recover though.

And I think I'd loan Wright out somewhere he can play regular. I think there's a footballer in there somewhere, just needs to get some proper game time behind him to find his feet.

If they asked for him though, I'd let him go.

He'll recover though.

And I think I'd loan Wright out somewhere he can play regular. I think there's a footballer in there somewhere, just needs to get some proper game time behind him to find his feet.

If they asked for him though, I'd let him go.

I cannot see Hallberg featuring much either

I cannot see Hallberg featuring much either

Me either tbh, Reckon Magennis is ahead of him in the Newell role, he's not cover for Allan and although he's willing to fill in for Gogic, i think we need a more like minded player for him.
JDH I want to see play before I decide which role he fits, but I figure he's more of a Newell with a bit extra hunger to defend than he is a Goga type.

Me either tbh, Reckon Magennis is ahead of him in the Newell role, he's not cover for Allan and although he's willing to fill in for Gogic, i think we need a more like minded player for him.
JDH I want to see play before I decide which role he fits, but I figure he's more of a Newell with a bit extra hunger to defend than he is a Goga type.

JDH best position is a defensive midfielder seemingly, Magennis played good last night but it was hardly a decent opponent, I reserve judgement until I see what he does in more competitive games.

I don’t think Newell and Allan can play in the same team, Allan takes a touch to drive us forward, Newell slows us down and looks to pass back the way more than going forward.

JDH best position is a defensive midfielder seemingly, Magennis played good last night but it was hardly a decent opponent, I reserve judgement until I see what he does in more competitive games.

Aye but we're playing with 2 deep midfielders.
Joe and Gogic line up alongside each other.

I don’t think Newell and Allan can play in the same team, Allan takes a touch to drive us forward, Newell slows us down and looks to pass back the way more than going forward.

They absolutely can. Joe just has to pass it to Allan. Easy job.
And honestly? He doesn't just play it backwards. Internet narratives. Joe's a very good player. Deserves better than that.

Aye but we're playing with 2 deep midfielders.
Joe and Gogic line up alongside each other.

They absolutely can. Joe just has to pass it to Allan. Easy job.
And honestly? He doesn't just play it backwards. Internet narratives. Joe's a very good player. Deserves better than that.

That’s my opinion mate and I seen with my own eyes last night and a lot of games last season. Just wish he took a touch and turned to drive us forward more.

That’s my opinion mate and I seen with my own eyes last night and a lot of games last season. Just wish he took a touch and turned to drive us forward more.

In our team, thats the job of the wingers, full backs and Allan as it stands.

I dont think he's doing anything wrong, and I think he plays more forward passes than anyone in the team tbh.

I hope this is a pile of shite. Big Handsome should be at the club for life

I hope this is a pile of shite. Big Handsome should be at the club for life
It’s bound to be total pish.
If Daz wants to go for a regular game, or a player coach with a lower team then he goes with my best wishes.
Anyone saying he is getting shown the door by Hibs is a Gunt.

A move for Daz might be the best thing for him and his Hibs future in the long run. A chance to get more playing time but more importantly a chance for him to get a look at other coaching methods, what works, what doesn't. I'm a big fan of building towards a future coaching / management team including Daz / SDG / Lewie but it's not going to do them or us any favours if they all hone their coaching skills under the same gaffer.

I know he'll have seen various coaching approaches as a player but he won't have been seeing them through the same eyes as he will now while he's doing his badges.

What’s the script with Tom James? Pumped out on loan twice last season, no longer in the clubs squad list on the website and Daniel Mackay now has his squad number
Signed for Leyton Orient

Signed for Leyton Orient

Not from the same McCart nonsense, has anyone heard we are in for Greg Stewart?

Not from the same McCart nonsense, has anyone heard we are in for Greg Stewart?

I hope no.

This thread has been viewed 30375 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75