• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Rumour.

Look at that Dembele lad that Celtic brought through, was supposed to be the next big thing. He's left now but has done sweet FA since. Think he's only had a handful of sub appearances into double digits on the pitch the past season.

History tells us that kids that leave before making the Hibs first team don't generally tend to go on to better things so completely agree Laidlaw has shown absolutely nothing at the level we play at for us to regretting his departure.
Have we had any youngster who’s left before breaking into the first team and gone on to bigger and better clubs 🤷🏼‍♂️

Joe was the first player to make his England debut whilst playing for a club outside the Football League. Took 40 years until it happened again.

Is indeed all over the sports pages here. And that Roda were only gonna listen to Eur 1m or better back in the wintrr break for him so can kinda see where the 700k (10 Eur= 9.1 quid or so) is coming from now a half season later.

Still waitin to hear if my BIL knows this guy when a prospect at Feyenoord...
My bil vaguely remembers him after all but didn't think he made a great impact. Which is no doubt why he was first loaned then sold to Roda, where he has flourished.

Is there a sell on clause if Laidlaw turns out to be really good and sells for big money?

Is there a sell on clause if Laidlaw turns out to be really good and sells for big money?
Yes.

No chance we would be able to pay anything like that for any player.
Youan 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Dub
Not exactly Joe Baker who was playing 1st team football at 17 and International football at 18.
Debut at 16 was it not?

Italian teams are meant to be in for the Dutch boy Vente .

Was told yesterday he has agreed to come to us.

I figured we’d get a development fee but not a sell-on as he was a free agent but happy to be proved wrong

I figured we’d get a development fee but not a sell-on as he was a free agent but happy to be proved wrong
We got less of a development fee to get a sell on.

think he was worth more to us than 200k. Probably should have offered him more than 75 quid extra a week. After all the money his family spent. Bit of a slap in the face. Can't blame the laddie for increasing his wages 12x.

O'Connor treated the same. Out on loan.
Without Garry's money we wouldn't have East Mains.

Good luck to Josh.

We're behind big time as a club

Absolute pish! His agent has been pimping him out for the past 12 months. Down at Leeds etc even while contracted to Hibs. He had no intention of extending his contract. The disrespectful little bawbag can bolt. Who the fuck goes around other clubs like that? Wish him fuck all luck. I support Hibernian and those who wear our colours. Couldn't give a rats arse what happens when players leave us. The exception of very few, SJM is about it.

Apparently all based on a clickbait blog that appears to get zero engagement on twitter.

Would you want to earn 500 a week or 6k? I love hibs but nae chance. Maybe a respectable few quid more and id stick in for another year..

He's no getting 6k at Brentford no way. Maybe 2k or 3k. Still alot of money for his age. Thing is also I thought it was about not getting in the first team at Hibs?

Jamie McGrath's just canned his contract with Wigan.

Last week.

think he was worth more to us than 200k. Probably should have offered him more than 75 quid extra a week. After all the money his family spent. Bit of a slap in the face. Can't blame the laddie for increasing his wages 12x.

O'Connor treated the same. Out on loan.
Without Garry's money we wouldn't have East Mains.

Good luck to Josh.

We're behind big time as a club
Need some numbers here.
What was his wage at Hibs?
How much money did his family spend?
How much is he on at Brentford?
However,
Good to see only 200k( O'Connors donation) built East Mains.

Last week.
Yeah - just last week ;))

... which means he has something else teed up.
Presume he has been lettin the dust settle for the weekend and will be announced somewhere by midweek.
The PBS is a good bet.

... which means he has something else teed up.
Presume he has been lettin the dust settle for the weekend and will be announced somewhere by midweek.
The PBS is a good bet.
He's a Hibee isnt he?

He's a Hibee isnt he?
Like any professional footballer he’ll go where he’ll get the most money. Hibee or not, if his best offer is from the Gunts, he’ll turn out for them

Like any professional footballer he’ll go where he’ll get the most money. Hibee or not, if his best offer is from the Gunts, he’ll turn out for them

Still think we should be at the table.

He's a Hibee isnt he?
Jamie McGrath?
I doubt it.
Are you confusing him with Jason Kerr?

Kukhareyvch posted his farewell to Hibs message on Instagram, so that means he won’t be back.

Which probably means this new Dutch striker is about to be a done deal.

Kukhareyvch posted his farewell to Hibs message on Instagram, so that means he won’t be back.

IMG-20230731-WA0010.jpg

Reactions: Zab

Shame about Myko...would like to have seen him back at Hibs and he seemed keen to come back.
He was very good or us in the games he played last season.
Wish him well for the rest of his career.

Jamie McGrath?
I doubt it.
🤦‍♂️

Myko signs for Swansea

Myko signs for Swansea
Pity. I feel we are still a striker short...

Pity. I feel we are still a striker short...

Ye think? Young Dylan looks a player. I would keep Doidge as the back up.

Vente has absolutely been signed as the starter. I would keep Doidge around as well, reckon he offers more than ALF (admittedly it’s early days).

Melkersen needs to go out on loan and play.

Shame about Myko...would like to have seen him back at Hibs and he seemed keen to come back.
He was very good or us in the games he played last season.
Wish him well for the rest of his career.
It will be interesting to see if we get a hint of his transfer fee to Swansea.
If he doesn't cut it in the Championship we might be able to get him in on loan or permanently at a later date.

Vente has absolutely been signed as the starter. I would keep Doidge around as well, reckon he offers more than ALF (admittedly it’s early days).

Melkersen needs to go out on loan and play.
Yeah, Vente as starter with Doidge and ALF off the bench.
It's a useful combination with Doidge and ALF offering different skill sets depending on what is required off the bench in any given game.
As you say Melkersen needs to go out on loan in Scotland to a team where he plays every week with a view to being ready to slot in when Doidge and ALF leave.

No chance we would be able to pay anything like that for any player.
Why not? It's perfectly;y feasible given we've raked in cash for Nisbet,

£10 a week, a new pair of boots every season, entry into our Euro games for free, 25% discount in the Hibs shop... only if he spends mare than £50, no counting items on sale. A bus pass tae get oot tae East Mains for training and games and guaranteed tickets tae our Scottish Cup final next May.
And he turned it doon! :102:
You forgot the free pass for 10 visits to the Castle. Madness to run that down.

I suspect we will see another striker... I don't think both Doidge & Melkerson will be part of things. Just a hunch...

Jamie McGrath?
I doubt it.
From Ireland so he could very easily be a Hibs supporter.

I suspect we will see another striker... I don't think both Doidge & Melkerson will be part of things. Just a hunch...
Would molintkov not be a good shout, e we have fast wingers with at least 1 able to play through the centre, ALF and Vente, maybe even Dodge and melker… I’d like to see in these circumstances chances of players like him, delferrier, megwa getting a nod here and there if the game suits

I'm not sure we'll see another striker, but I would welcome it, especially if Doidge goes on loan.
Maybe a loanee though, think we might be just about done paying fees? Maybe? 🤷‍♂

I'm not sure we'll see another striker, but I would welcome it, especially if Doidge goes on loan.
Maybe a loanee though, think we might be just about done paying fees? Maybe? 🤷‍♂
Still a lack of creativity in midfield for me (if Levitt is going to be played in a deeper role), and as I have said before I am a bit concerned about the full-back areas. We won't get everything covered in this window though. It's certainly been a busy window and Hibs deserve credit for getting the business done we have so far. With a full month left of the summer transfer window IMO the only way we are gong to see any further incomings is if we manage to move on a few more players.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 253482 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50