• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Rumour.

stickyRicky

Muirhouse Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Apparently Marshall was signed on pre contract as was another 2 players by Maloney. Anyone else hear this?

Tbh I’m finding it hard to believe anything these days.
Unless it’s on fishy site

I
Apparently Marshall was signed on pre contract as was another 2 players by Maloney. Anyone else hear this?
I'm sure I remember Maloney actually saying he knew who he wanted this summer and had spoken to him/them/?
All gone quiet since then though.

I think Marshall was agreed in Jan.
Dunno about any others, but I do remember Shaun saying he'd already had video calls with nervous (various) (typo too good to remove) targets.

Sounds like we were letting the manager get involved in the transfer business...
No bad for a team who don't let managers sign their own players..
🙄

I can’t see any other explanation for Marshall?

Wouldn’t be surprised to learn there are more.

I think Marshall was agreed in Jan.
Dunno about any others, but I do remember Shaun saying he'd already had video calls with nervous (various) (typo too good to remove) targets.

Sounds like we were letting the manager get involved in the transfer business...
No bad for a team who don't let managers sign their own players..
🙄

Think we signed all the nervous targets already

Think we signed all the nervous targets already
Hope they're up to the expectations of the very nervous support!

Hope they're up to the expectations of the very nervous support!
You spelled unforgiving/harsh/demanding wrong!

Was there not some chat on here about Maloney wanting Charles-Cook in the summer? I wouldn't mind seeing him with a scarf above his head in the next few days.

Was there not some chat on here about Maloney wanting Charles-Cook in the summer? I wouldn't mind seeing him with a scarf above his head in the next few days.
Did you know he has never had a transfer fee against his name - been a loan or a free since leaving Charlton u21s in 2015/16. Stat of the day surely 😁

Did you know he has never had a transfer fee against his name - been a loan or a free since leaving Charlton u21s in 2015/16. Stat of the day surely 😁
Worthy of stat of the week I'd say

Worthy of stat of the week I'd say
Just shows there are good players to be found, he was a free from Gillingham I think.

He definitely spoke with Cook at County as @Smurf confirmed when he spoke to SM at the AGM.

Marshall I am not sure about, although I thought I read somewhere he would only be signed if the new Manager approved it 🤷🏻‍♂️

If Charles-cook had the choice between us and the gunts he’s only going 1 place unfortunately…..1 season wonder anyway bsck
To his free transfers in 2023 😂

Connor McCarthy, Conor McGrandle and Callum Hendry all on pre contracts according a text I got.

BTW I reckon it's shite but thought I'd share.

Connor McCarthy, Conor McGrandle and Callum Hendry all on pre contracts according a text I got.

So you only got a pre contract if your first name began with a C...

Maybe tomorrow it will start with D's

I'd be good with any of the 3.

I'd be good with any of the 3.

All fit the "profile" Hibs have set.

Read on 'twitter' yeah I know Twitter, from a Lincoln fan that he had heard a while back that Conor McGrandles was coming to Hibs.

Read on 'twitter' yeah I know Twitter, from a Lincoln fan that he had heard a while back that Conor McGrandles was coming to Hibs.

Aye its familiar to me to.

Hope we’re not signing *&*^ Lafferty.

This could be interesting Screenshot_20220602-233658_Twitter.jpg

This could be interesting View attachment 8427

😅😅

No had a good bust up in a while

This could be interesting View attachment 8427
I saw that on .net and had a wee laugh when I saw folk on here linking him with us. Can't see Johnston being bothered about anything other than his ability.

I saw that on .net and had a wee laugh when I saw folk on here linking him with us. Can't see Johnston being bothered about anything other than his ability.
Johnson was apparently sent of after it so may not be quite so keen

Hope we’re not signing *&*^ Lafferty.
Not until we get to K at least...

Woosh 🤣

Just shows there are good players to be found, he was a free from Gillingham I think.
There’s definitely a few but you’d have to watch w quite a lot of terrible football to find them. Mind you there was a young guy playing for my local non (Isthmian) league side who I rated the handful of times I saw him play - it even crossed my mind to try to alert Hibs scouts but I had no idea how to go about it. Seems he’s now signed for Cardiff City.

I heard Marshall was and he also spoke with Charles-Cook also, for me both are upgrades to what we had last season.

I heard Marshall was and he also spoke with Charles-Cook also, for me both are upgrades to what we had last season.

Charles-Cook gives me the fear. I’m no convinced he’s actually a good player, certainly didn’t look up to much the times I’ve seen him. I reckon he’s a poor player who hit a purple patch of scoring goals, that tailed off towards the end of the season.

Charles-Cook gives me the fear. I’m no convinced he’s actually a good player, certainly didn’t look up to much the times I’ve seen him. I reckon he’s a poor player who hit a purple patch of scoring goals, that tailed off towards the end of the season.
Right at this moment he is way better than what we have surely? He's not a goal machine by any means looking at his stats prior to last season but he wouldn't cost much either.

Last edited:

13 goals last season would have helped us big time!!

13 goals last season would have helped us big time!!

Like I said I think that was a purple patch in front of goal more than anything, there’s not much to suggest he’s actually a good player. If we sign him I reckon we’ll be talking about trying to off load him this time next year.

Right at this moment he is way better than what we have surely? He's not a goal machine by any means looking at his stats prior to last season but he wouldn't cost much either.

He’s a free agent so he’ll be eyeing a lucrative long term contract. Fair play to him, but I hope that’s not at Hibs.

His stats aren’t great apart from his scoring run this season. Stats don’t tell the whole story about a player, having actually watched him he looks pretty shite.

Like I said I think that was a purple patch in front of goal more than anything, there’s not much to suggest he’s actually a good player. If we sign him I reckon we’ll be talking about trying to off load him this time next year.

He’s a free agent so he’ll be eyeing a lucrative long term contract. Fair play to him, but I hope that’s not at Hibs.

His stats aren’t great apart from his scoring run this season. Stats don’t tell the whole story about a player, having actually watched him he looks pretty shite.
I tend to agree

Reactions: Zab

I'd take him.
Like I said his wage wouldn't cost us too much and he's never had a long term contact - or a transfer fee against his name - so I doubt he'd expect a blockbuster deal.
If LJ brings in a 1st Division striker from England you'll be greetin your eyes out 😉

Last edited:
I would be looking to sign players who have shown they can score goals in this league or equivalent.
If that's Cook then fair enough, but we need players with pace in the last third who can score goals.
We needs goals in this team more than anything else. The stats from last season tell you everything you need to know.

I'd take him.
Like I said his wage wouldn't cost us too much and he's never had a long term contact - or a transfer fee against his name - so I doubt he'd expect a blockbuster deal.
If LJ brings in a 1st Division striker from England you'll be greetin your eyes out 😉

Why would I? I’m no against us signing players from anywhere, would just rather it’s a well thought out signing than a shite player having a good four months. Form is temporary and all that.

Reactions: Dub
Would defo take him, but out of interest how many of his goals were pens?

Would defo take him, but out of interest how many of his goals were pens?
One

This thread has been viewed 259530 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75