• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Rumour.

Hibs are actively trying to move Doidge.
But his wages are a stumbling block for other clubs.

Motherwell have been interested and made contact, but as said, they can't match his wages here and he wants paid.

Surely it makes sense to pay Doidge the difference to move him on. Would still save us money in the long run.

Hibs are actively trying to move Doidge.
But his wages are a stumbling block for other clubs.

Motherwell have been interested and made contact, but as said, they can't match his wages here and he wants paid.
And rightly so.
Possibly another loan out will be the outcome.

Reactions: Zab
I was always mystified by his contract extension.

Thing is I don't mind Doidge, I think overall he has been a good striker for Hibs when he has been fit.
I wouldn't be against us keeping him as an experienced option up front, but he will want to be playing, and I don't think Johnson rates him.
In that season under Jack Ross (when we finished third and won 11 away matches) he scored quite a few goals when he was getting decent service from the wings and from midfield...he's a penalty box striker who is also decent in the air and works hard defensively as well.

Last edited:
Thing is I don't mind Doidge, I think overall he has been a decent striker for Hibs when he has been fit.
I wouldn't be against us keeping him as an experienced option up front, but he will want to be playing, and I don't think Johnson rates him.
In that season under Jack Ross (when we finished third and won 11 away matches) he scored quite a few foals when he was getting decent service from the wings and from midfield...he's a penalty box striker who is also decent in the air and works hard defensively as well.

This is where I am at. We punted him out on loan last season and at times it probably bit us in the arse. He’s no world beater but he does work hard and is a trier.

Although I’ll still never forgive him for that hat-rick of sitters at Pittodrie in 2019

Reactions: Zab
I'm a Doidge fan, I like that he makes the most of his limited ability.
Full on team player, works hard for everyone and doesn't hide.

Got a few goals in a good run of games, started the next season looking like he'd continue that run and then missed the best part of a year. Despite coming back well before he should've even been able to.

We realistically should be looking for better, but at the same time I think he's a viable option if required. I would've been grateful to have had him around for a big part of last season. We would've given us more than some of what we did get.

I dont blame him for wanting his money, I don't see the harm in a settlement to move him on if he wants to play. Motherwell probably a good fit for him, although fuck them, hope he goes south 😅

I was always mystified by his contract extension.
So was the CEO, who had just walked in the door, but backed the advice of Jack Ross.

He is however a popular figure at the club and has a genuine desire for Hibs to do well. It’s sometimes hard to criticise him due to that but for me if he can move on with one best wishes then great all round.

Screenshot_20230720-124608_Twitter.jpg

Mbappe has just been put on the transfer list and dropped from PSG's preseason tour.
Could it be happening?

Mbappe has just been put on the transfer list and dropped from PSG's preseason tour.
Could it be happening?

Sorry but he's not replacing Boyle or Youan.

Sorry but he's not replacing Boyle or Youan.
Hearing we're going 3 up front.

Hearing we're going 3 up front.

He might be able to fight it out with Le Fodre and Doidge.

Laidlaw has indeed signed for Brentford, so prob a couple of hundred grand coming our way.

Laidlaw has indeed signed for Brentford, so prob a couple of hundred grand coming our way.

Where you seeing this?

Where you seeing this?
He trained there for a week recently but there was nothing in the media about it and there has been nothing since then saying he has signed for them or anyone else.

He trained there for a week recently but there was nothing in the media about it and there has been nothing since then saying he has signed for them or anyone else.
He’s 100% signed for them, trust me on this one.

All the photos were done yesterday.

We’re also just about there with a big striker coming in the door.

By all accounts this will be an exciting one.

Great stuff! Big as in big name, or big as in size?

Great stuff! Big as in big name, or big as in size?
6ft 3 and 20 letters - ticks both boxes :detective:

Coventry after him apparently.

Coventry after him apparently.
He is on sale....

He is on sale....
Hope his current team mates are talking tae him. :lookaround:

Some goal scoring return 👍

Some goal scoring return 👍

Aye last season was a good yin.

Reactions: JFP
Aye last season was a good yin.
2nd tier tho.

Still, sounds a goodie. Never heard o him but my Feyenoord-supporting BIL might know a bit more...

2nd tier tho.

Still, sounds a goodie. Never heard o him but my Feyenoord-supporting BIL might know a bit more...

Let us know if he does.

Aw fuck 🙈 dinnae dae that 🫣

IMG-20230727-WA0010.jpg

He might change his mind now

I
Thought the same tbh!

Wouldn't blame him.

So has he signed for Blackburn or is someone playing around with the wiki page

So has he signed for Blackburn or is someone playing around with the wiki page
It said Aberdeen half an hour ago

The part of that which scares me is "For part of last season he was coached by former Hibs midfielder Edwin de Graaf." !!!!!!!!

The part of that which scares me is "For part of last season he was coached by former Hibs midfielder Edwin de Graaf." !!!!!!!!
should generate some interest

should generate some interest
Good try but you have to use the whole name!

Some Sky Sports journalist saying it’s pretty much done and we’re paying near £700k for him 🤯

Good try but you have to use the whole name!
bugger :(

This thread has been viewed 242818 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£38.75
Back