On this cold December day...

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
Thoughts drift to warmer climes and the holiday ads on tv don't discourage them. Anyone got anything interesting lined up for 2018?

I've gone and got quick off the mark with some excellent flight prices via Easyjet and Jet2, so I am ahead of myself for the first time in years - and at superb prices.

Off to Valencia in Feb for 3 days, £20 return on the new route from Edinburgh. Can't turn yer nose up at that.

Croatia in the summer with the family thanks to Easyjet doing a silly flight deal from Newcastle. Game of Thrones enthusiast No 2 Son already eyeing up tours related to that. No 1 Son and his gf going to some dance music festival in Split while we're there. The last time I was in Croatia it was Yugoslavia and Joe Tortolano's auntie May was in the room next to us. She was a character. Will be interesting to see how it has changed. It still had that Eastern European beach resort feel in those days.

Greenmachine

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Feb 22, 2004
Edinburgh
Hoping to do a coach tour in the southern states of the USA around about September....nothing booked yet but that's the plan.
Didn't go anywhere this year apart from a week-end city break in Liverpool in early September which was great.

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Sep 15, 2003
Atlanta
Visit site
Hoping to do a coach tour in the southern states of the USA around about September....nothing booked yet but that's the plan.
Didn't go anywhere this year apart from a week-end city break in Liverpool in early September which was great.
if you hit Atlanta gies a shout and i will show you about :thumbgrin

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
I loved Croatia this year, found a relatively quiet spot and found it cheap and friendly enough, would go back.

Next year going to Portugal and Ireland with the family, going to cycle the Hebridean Way with tricky and Hibadelic and a couple of others, and hopefully a Euro trip with Hibs.

Jack

Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 11, 2007
A stool at the bar
Not so much next year but popping in to see [MENTION=409]southfieldhibby[/MENTION] to get my next cruise booked.

Time in Durban drinks with a pal and safari land and sea. On the boat to the Seychelles through pirate seas to Jordan where the only regret of my life will be dismissed. I will go to Petra! Through the other great canal*, the Suez, and a few stops in the Med jumping ship in Venice again.

Next year will be a few fag runs and a couple of beach holidays with Jackie!

* Already done the Caledonian .... and the Panama!

Oct 11, 2008
East of WeegieLand
Amsterdam for a long weekend in February with mates from school. Will certainly be a different kind of trip from the last few I've been on to there! Might actually see some of the city! :giggle:

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Jan 8, 2006
Fauldhouse
Looking at Colle di Val d'Elsa in Tuscany at present. Wee change from Bavaria

SKII

Administrator
Radge Donator
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Oct 26, 2004
Right here, right now
I loved Croatia this year, found a relatively quiet spot and found it cheap and friendly enough, would go back.

Next year going to Portugal and Ireland with the family, going to cycle the Hebridean Way with tricky and Hibadelic and a couple of others, and hopefully a Euro trip with Hibs.
Ive booked a villa in a small town outside Split that was used as a GoT set. It appears well serviced with amenities but off the tourist trail. Eldest is going to hop on the train to Italy and spend a week in the lakes after a week with us in Croatia.

Im hoping for another Euro trip too. Hopefully not a third consecutive trip to Copenhagen though...much as I enjoyed both previous ones.

Also squeezing in a city break in Budapest at Easter courtesy of Jet2. Not been there since 1999 so it will have changed a wee bit too.

tricky

Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Sep 5, 2002
standing on the brink of history
Got a few days in Newcastle just after new year, Gallipoli via Istanbul with my dad to look at WW1 sites in March, anyone on here been? , and Hebridean Way in may.

Will go somewhere start of school holidays just see what’s affordable

hibadelic

Radge-a-Casblanca
Administrator
Dec 12, 2003
www.easterroad.com
Hebridean way in May and for probably the first time ever i’ve Booked my summer break before the end of the year. Going to the exact same place in south of France as last year. Saved so much effort just booking same again as it was excellent this year. I feel old ;-)

tricky

Private Member
Registered
Monthly Radge
Sep 5, 2002
standing on the brink of history
Hebridean way in May and for probably the first time ever i’ve Booked my summer break before the end of the year. Going to the exact same place in south of France as last year. Saved so much effort just booking same again as it was excellent this year. I feel old ;-)
any stag do's?!

southfieldhibby

Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 12, 2002
EH15
Ive booked a villa in a small town outside Split that was used as a GoT set. It appears well serviced with amenities but off the tourist trail. Eldest is going to hop on the train to Italy and spend a week in the lakes after a week with us in Croatia.

Im hoping for another Euro trip too. Hopefully not a third consecutive trip to Copenhagen though...much as I enjoyed both previous ones.

Also squeezing in a city break in Budapest at Easter courtesy of Jet2. Not been there since 1999 so it will have changed a wee bit too.
Game of Thrones has really done wonders for the tourist economy of Croatia, the downside is Dubrovnik has become almost avoidable. Combined with the 4/5 cruise liners docking everyday, it's just far too busy. Split/Istria far more pleasant, as well as the islands. Pondered a day trip on the hydrofoil to Venice for the day, but that's also ruined by exactly that- too many boats/ships/day trippers.
Train round sounds far more pleasant. I'm sure you know the lakes well, but I recommend Sirmione to anyone who asks.It's terrific.

newhoosehibby

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Ladies Player Sponsor
Aug 1, 2006
the darkside
Summer holiday booked two weeks in Bulgaria, once again excellent service from Southfieldhibby at Frutin Travel

Hibee Kev

Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Nov 2, 2006
Gloucester
Potentially work trips to Abu Dhabi, Perth, Western Australia, and, er, Nigeria to come in early 2018. Family trip to Hannover, Germany to come in late June to visit some relatives.

blue toon hibby

Hungry Radge
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Monthly Radge
Nov 24, 2002
PETERHEAD
Thoughts drift to warmer climes and the holiday ads on tv don't discourage them. Anyone got anything interesting lined up for 2018?

I've gone and got quick off the mark with some excellent flight prices via Easyjet and Jet2, so I am ahead of myself for the first time in years - and at superb prices.

Off to Valencia in Feb for 3 days, £20 return on the new route from Edinburgh. Can't turn yer nose up at that.

Croatia in the summer with the family thanks to Easyjet doing a silly flight deal from Newcastle. Game of Thrones enthusiast No 2 Son already eyeing up tours related to that. No 1 Son and his gf going to some dance music festival in Split while we're there. The last time I was in Croatia it was Yugoslavia and Joe Tortolano's auntie May was in the room next to us. She was a character. Will be interesting to see how it has changed. It still had that Eastern European beach resort feel in those days.
4 days in Gdansk at the end of this month then save save save for a wedding in Minneapolis in September which we hope to make into our holiday.

Administrator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 17, 2003
Muir of Houston
www.hibeesbounce.com
Holidays 2018

Are ye going anywhere this year? We are off to Bali and Java for three weeks in June/ July, back just in time for Hibs in Europe.

Had a weekend in York and might have dosh for somewhere later in this year, with Napoli, Paris or Porto being considered?

Cost of long haul travel and Rajoy and his fascist pigs being charge in Spain means no trips to Las Espanyas for me this year, I miss the feeling of warm sun on my fat face and the braw scrannage right enough.

Anyone any plans?

Sauzee's Teeth

I Was There And Went Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Oct 6, 2006
Musselburgh
Holidays 2018

6 nights in Tenerife with the wife in May (flying out the Sunday after the season finishes) & then 2 weeks in Florida at the end of September with the wife, her parents and her aunt & uncle.

Hopefully won’t miss any big games while we’re over in Florida but I’ll be taking the laptop armed with an international Hibs TV subscription anyway as my wife & her family are all big Hibbies too which will save any arguments!

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 30, 2005
Gilmerting
Stag do tae Portugal in Hune , Beni in Huly wi the mrs, and New York in December, again wi the mrs, one of my daughters and my grandson.
Might sneak a wee week in September somewhere if wifes holibobs coincide wi mine.
Big D is the main holiday bloke here on the bounce... mare holidays than Southfieldhibby. :rascal:

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Jan 8, 2006
Fauldhouse
2 weeks in Tuscany. Heat at fucking last