• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

On this cold December day...

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score
Thoughts drift to warmer climes and the holiday ads on tv don't discourage them. Anyone got anything interesting lined up for 2018?

I've gone and got quick off the mark with some excellent flight prices via Easyjet and Jet2, so I am ahead of myself for the first time in years - and at superb prices.

Off to Valencia in Feb for 3 days, £20 return on the new route from Edinburgh. Can't turn yer nose up at that.

Croatia in the summer with the family thanks to Easyjet doing a silly flight deal from Newcastle. Game of Thrones enthusiast No 2 Son already eyeing up tours related to that. No 1 Son and his gf going to some dance music festival in Split while we're there. The last time I was in Croatia it was Yugoslavia and Joe Tortolano's auntie May was in the room next to us. She was a character. Will be interesting to see how it has changed. It still had that Eastern European beach resort feel in those days.

Hoping to do a coach tour in the southern states of the USA around about September....nothing booked yet but that's the plan.
Didn't go anywhere this year apart from a week-end city break in Liverpool in early September which was great.

Hoping to do a coach tour in the southern states of the USA around about September....nothing booked yet but that's the plan.
Didn't go anywhere this year apart from a week-end city break in Liverpool in early September which was great.

if you hit Atlanta gies a shout and i will show you about :thumbgrin

I loved Croatia this year, found a relatively quiet spot and found it cheap and friendly enough, would go back.

Next year going to Portugal and Ireland with the family, going to cycle the Hebridean Way with tricky and Hibadelic and a couple of others, and hopefully a Euro trip with Hibs.

Not so much next year but popping in to see [MENTION=409]southfieldhibby[/MENTION] to get my next cruise booked.

Time in Durban drinks with a pal and safari land and sea. On the boat to the Seychelles through pirate seas to Jordan where the only regret of my life will be dismissed. I will go to Petra! Through the other great canal*, the Suez, and a few stops in the Med jumping ship in Venice again.

Next year will be a few fag runs and a couple of beach holidays with Jackie!

* Already done the Caledonian .... and the Panama!

Looking at Colle di Val d'Elsa in Tuscany at present. Wee change from Bavaria

I loved Croatia this year, found a relatively quiet spot and found it cheap and friendly enough, would go back.

Next year going to Portugal and Ireland with the family, going to cycle the Hebridean Way with tricky and Hibadelic and a couple of others, and hopefully a Euro trip with Hibs.

Ive booked a villa in a small town outside Split that was used as a GoT set. It appears well serviced with amenities but off the tourist trail. Eldest is going to hop on the train to Italy and spend a week in the lakes after a week with us in Croatia.

Im hoping for another Euro trip too. Hopefully not a third consecutive trip to Copenhagen though...much as I enjoyed both previous ones.

Also squeezing in a city break in Budapest at Easter courtesy of Jet2. Not been there since 1999 so it will have changed a wee bit too.

Got a few days in Newcastle just after new year, Gallipoli via Istanbul with my dad to look at WW1 sites in March, anyone on here been? , and Hebridean Way in may.

Will go somewhere start of school holidays just see what’s affordable

Hebridean way in May and for probably the first time ever i’ve Booked my summer break before the end of the year. Going to the exact same place in south of France as last year. Saved so much effort just booking same again as it was excellent this year. I feel old ;-)

Hebridean way in May and for probably the first time ever i’ve Booked my summer break before the end of the year. Going to the exact same place in south of France as last year. Saved so much effort just booking same again as it was excellent this year. I feel old ;-)

any stag do's?!

any stag do's?!

Not this year ;-)

Ive booked a villa in a small town outside Split that was used as a GoT set. It appears well serviced with amenities but off the tourist trail. Eldest is going to hop on the train to Italy and spend a week in the lakes after a week with us in Croatia.

Im hoping for another Euro trip too. Hopefully not a third consecutive trip to Copenhagen though...much as I enjoyed both previous ones.

Also squeezing in a city break in Budapest at Easter courtesy of Jet2. Not been there since 1999 so it will have changed a wee bit too.

Game of Thrones has really done wonders for the tourist economy of Croatia, the downside is Dubrovnik has become almost avoidable. Combined with the 4/5 cruise liners docking everyday, it's just far too busy. Split/Istria far more pleasant, as well as the islands. Pondered a day trip on the hydrofoil to Venice for the day, but that's also ruined by exactly that- too many boats/ships/day trippers.
Train round sounds far more pleasant. I'm sure you know the lakes well, but I recommend Sirmione to anyone who asks.It's terrific.

Summer holiday booked two weeks in Bulgaria, once again excellent service from Southfieldhibby at Frutin Travel

Potentially work trips to Abu Dhabi, Perth, Western Australia, and, er, Nigeria to come in early 2018. Family trip to Hannover, Germany to come in late June to visit some relatives.

Thoughts drift to warmer climes and the holiday ads on tv don't discourage them. Anyone got anything interesting lined up for 2018?

I've gone and got quick off the mark with some excellent flight prices via Easyjet and Jet2, so I am ahead of myself for the first time in years - and at superb prices.

Off to Valencia in Feb for 3 days, £20 return on the new route from Edinburgh. Can't turn yer nose up at that.

Croatia in the summer with the family thanks to Easyjet doing a silly flight deal from Newcastle. Game of Thrones enthusiast No 2 Son already eyeing up tours related to that. No 1 Son and his gf going to some dance music festival in Split while we're there. The last time I was in Croatia it was Yugoslavia and Joe Tortolano's auntie May was in the room next to us. She was a character. Will be interesting to see how it has changed. It still had that Eastern European beach resort feel in those days.

4 days in Gdansk at the end of this month then save save save for a wedding in Minneapolis in September which we hope to make into our holiday.

Holidays 2018

Are ye going anywhere this year? We are off to Bali and Java for three weeks in June/ July, back just in time for Hibs in Europe.

Had a weekend in York and might have dosh for somewhere later in this year, with Napoli, Paris or Porto being considered?

Cost of long haul travel and Rajoy and his fascist pigs being charge in Spain means no trips to Las Espanyas for me this year, I miss the feeling of warm sun on my fat face and the braw scrannage right enough.

Anyone any plans?

Holidays 2018

6 nights in Tenerife with the wife in May (flying out the Sunday after the season finishes) & then 2 weeks in Florida at the end of September with the wife, her parents and her aunt & uncle.

Hopefully won’t miss any big games while we’re over in Florida but I’ll be taking the laptop armed with an international Hibs TV subscription anyway as my wife & her family are all big Hibbies too which will save any arguments!

Stag do tae Portugal in Hune , Beni in Huly wi the mrs, and New York in December, again wi the mrs, one of my daughters and my grandson.
Might sneak a wee week in September somewhere if wifes holibobs coincide wi mine.
Big D is the main holiday bloke here on the bounce... mare holidays than Southfieldhibby. :rascal:

2 weeks in Tuscany. Heat at fucking last

July looks congested on the holiday front.

Always go to Carrick/Gatehouse of Fleet early July, meant to be going to Ireland to see my sister and her new B&B middle July, Hibs should have a Euro trip I'd hate to miss, going to Portugal late July. I also need to work.

Got a stag in Benidorm late June, which sounds like hell. I've signed up to do the Ride to the Sun as an excuse not to go!

Also planned a week in Merseyside area to play golf in October. Lytham,Burkdale & Hoylake in my quest to play all Open venues. That one, and Hebridean Way are the ones I'm most looking forward to.

Ukraine and the isle of Skye for me at some point

Last 2 weeks of June I'll be in Antalya, Turkey "enjoying" the all inclusive
Back in time for Europe though.

Well Valencia was braw. I would highly recommend it as a city break destination. Heading off to Budapest in a wee bit for another short stay. Been before but it was 1999 so much will have changed commercially but it's a fab city I always said I would go back to.

Croatia late June/early July and keeping some pennies back for another Euro trip with Hibs hopefully. Still get goosebumps thinking of Copenhagen last time round.

Been invited down to the Belfry for a few days so may fit that in during October. Unless sun is the order of the day.

Off to Portugal for some golf in the sun in about 8 weeks.
Doing part of Route 66 in Sept.
Hoping I can get something sorted in July and hopefully get something sorted for tel aviv in Oct.
Hopefully that lotto win comes in soon.

Gallipoli via Istanbul last weekend, fascinating two day tour of WW1 sites on the peninsula including beach where my grandad ( born 1889...) landed and spent over 6 months in 1915, he joined up en masse with his colleagues from the Post Office back then, lucky to come back alive given the carnage that ensued, we had his bloodstained bible from that campaign with us..

good day in Istanbul on the sunday but sadly no football on.

Well Valencia was braw. I would highly recommend it as a city break destination. Heading off to Budapest in a wee bit for another short stay. Been before but it was 1999 so much will have changed commercially but it's a fab city I always said I would go back to.

Croatia late June/early July and keeping some pennies back for another Euro trip with Hibs hopefully. Still get goosebumps thinking of Copenhagen last time round.

Been invited down to the Belfry for a few days so may fit that in during October. Unless sun is the order of the day.

Do you golf? Would love to play Brabazon, Ryder Cup legend.

Do you golf? Would love to play Brabazon, Ryder Cup legend.

The family golf. Members at Prestonfield Cousins down south are members at The Belfry and invited us down to stay and play - at reduced rates thankfully.

The family golf. Members at Prestonfield Cousins down south are members at The Belfry and invited us down to stay and play - at reduced rates thankfully.

Tell young Chris he has to try and drive the 10th. Laying up is a sign of weak character.

Tell young Chris he has to try and drive the 10th. Laying up is a sign of weak character.

He is the least likely to want to engage with this. Let's just say he finds golf a challenge as it requires qualities contact sports don't :giggle:

His sibling on the other hand has a drive that would challenge the distance pros manage. He'd be in with a shout. It's his short game that would undo him :giggle:

He is the least likely to want to engage with this. Let's just say he finds golf a challenge as it requires qualities contact sports don't :giggle:

His sibling on the other hand has a drive that would challenge the distance pros manage. He'd be in with a shout. It's his short game that would undo him :giggle:

It’s 275 to the front, my Sunday best *might* make it. Dustin Johnstone hit a drive last week 480 yards [emoji15]

Spent last week cycling/walking/golfing the outer Hebrides with a few pals including [MENTION=1342]hibadelic[/MENTION] and [MENTION=337]tricky[/MENTION] weather looked ominous on Sunday/Monday as rain lashed down, but the week cleared up to be brilliant. I've always thought Barra was a lovely place- and it is- but sweet Sauzee, Harris is different level for scenery. Strongly recommend a week out there.

Three weeks the morn I am of to Bali and Java, wishing my life away. 18 of us in total meeting up for the first week, then a few days visiting the Borobudur & Prambanan Temples near Yogyakarta and hopefully off road jeep trip up Mount Merapi volcano which is currently bubbling away!

Oldest son and his lemon are heading to the Gili Islands for swimming with Turtles and Rays and island cycling after Yogya, whilst me, Mrs 1875 and no.2 son chill in Bali. Home three days before our first game in Europe, not making that mistake again!

All work trips done this year so won’t be getting the full flavour, but:
Port Harcourt, Nigeria - a hellhole
Perth, WA - Nice city, bit hipster-ish. Only spent 2 nights there.
Baku, Azerbaijan - Great city, the old town is lovely and the architecture and reasonably priced bevvy and scran are good too.

Enjoyed Hong Kong, currently in Bangkok and heading out today to check if there really is a slope on the Bridge over the River Kwai (thanks Jeremy) and then heading off to a beach resort to recharge batteries for a week or so.

then heading off to a beach resort to recharge batteries for a week or so.

Can you resell them local like? Good exploit!

Can you resell them local like? Good exploit!

To be fair, I'm a wee bit stoned, but that made me convulse :rollfloor

Well played, sir.

To be fair, I'm a wee bit stoned, but that made me convulse :rollfloor

Well played, sir.

Donna encourage that vampire.

What the fuck is wrong with this phone?

Well, Croatia has been magnificent. Highly recommend it. Was there in 86 and 89 when it was still Yugoslavia and behind the Iron curtain and enjoyed it then, albeit being a bit basic in some respects. Now, it is a brilliant place to get the weather, natural beauty of the landscape, Venetian architecture, good food and very affordable when there. If you like GOT then you'll love it even more.

30 years since we were last there. Won't be another 30 till we return.

Highlights for me were Krka National Park and waterfalls, Trogir and Ciovo.

Well, Croatia has been magnificent. Highly recommend it. Was there in 86 and 89 when it was still Yugoslavia and behind the Iron curtain and enjoyed it then, albeit being a bit basic in some respects. Now, it is a brilliant place to get the weather, natural beauty of the landscape, Venetian architecture, good food and very affordable when there. If you like GOT then you'll love it even more.

30 years since we were last there. Won't be another 30 till we return.

Highlights for me were Krka National Park and waterfalls, Trogir and Ciovo.
My laddie was there a few weeks ago, loved it, he was in split.
Hes on a 5 week tour of Europe with a mate, Split, somewhere in slovenia, Budapest, Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, luxemburg and Zurich....
He leaves Berlin tomorrow to hit the Dam:P
Me, mrs and daughter off to Corfu on 21st July :bounce-boy:

My laddie was there a few weeks ago, loved it, he was in split.
Hes on a 5 week tour of Europe with a mate, Split, somewhere in slovenia, Budapest, Munich, Berlin, Amsterdam, luxemburg and Zurich....
He leaves Berlin tomorrow to hit the Dam:P
Me, mrs and daughter off to Corfu on 21st July :bounce-boy:
Was in Split at the end of last week. Lovely place but very busy with cruise ship passengers on day trips. My laddie and his gf went back into Split over the weekend to go to Ultra music festival being held at Hajduk Split stadium. Seems to have had a ball judging by his social media.
We based ourselves in Trogir and Ciovo. Islands attached to the mainland by bridges that are world heritage sites. Good beaches, resort feel but with a number of historical places of interest as well as good water sport opportunities. Game of Thrones was filmed in the town for some of the time, so there was that interest angle too. It was recommended as being the hidden secret of Dalmatia in reviews I read before choosing a place to stay. The reviews were right. The owner of the apartment we rented has been outstanding. Popping in with homemade wine from the grapes he grows in his garden (On site) tomatoes from his vines and his wife made us local fritatas and handed them in for our lunch one day with more wine. So friendly.
I've kicked myself we didn't come back here sooner than we have.
Being in Croatia when the WC has been on in good too. There is a fan zone in Split, big screens, happy hour prices for 6 hours. Place is going nuts for their team and rightly so.
On Saturday night, boats sounding horns on the Adriatic and letting off flares, mopeds and cars bedecked in red and white checkers driving round tooting horns, every bar and restaurant stopping for 2 hours to watch the game, full to the gunnels. Brilliant time to be there.

This thread has been viewed 5743 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50