• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

On this cold December day...

Well, Croatia has been magnificent. Highly recommend it. Was there in 86 and 89 when it was still Yugoslavia and behind the Iron curtain and enjoyed it then, albeit being a bit basic in some respects. Now, it is a brilliant place to get the weather, natural beauty of the landscape, Venetian architecture, good food and very affordable when there. If you like GOT then you'll love it even more.

30 years since we were last there. Won't be another 30 till we return.

Highlights for me were Krka National Park and waterfalls, Trogir and Ciovo.

Could you get over how much better their motorways are than ours?

Could you get over how much better their motorways are than ours?
Not really on the radar? To be honest, a fair amount of road upgrades going on, so lots of road works. Went to Split by water taxi to avoid them

Oh, out of interest, the trips we booked were with a company called HappytoVisit.com. Was a bit unsure before we left as usually use Viator but this company offered minivan pick up from Trogir whereas Viator only offered Split. Used them to book airport transfers, trip to Dubrovnik and a trip to Krka Waterfall and they were excellent. Definitely worth looking them up.

Was in Split at the end of last week. Lovely place but very busy with cruise ship passengers on day trips. My laddie and his gf went back into Split over the weekend to go to Ultra music festival being held at Hajduk Split stadium. Seems to have had a ball judging by his social media.
We based ourselves in Trogir and Ciovo. Islands attached to the mainland by bridges that are world heritage sites. Good beaches, resort feel but with a number of historical places of interest as well as good water sport opportunities. Game of Thrones was filmed in the town for some of the time, so there was that interest angle too. It was recommended as being the hidden secret of Dalmatia in reviews I read before choosing a place to stay. The reviews were right. The owner of the apartment we rented has been outstanding. Popping in with homemade wine from the grapes he grows in his garden (On site) tomatoes from his vines and his wife made us local fritatas and handed them in for our lunch one day with more wine. So friendly.
I've kicked myself we didn't come back here sooner than we have.
Being in Croatia when the WC has been on in good too. There is a fan zone in Split, big screens, happy hour prices for 6 hours. Place is going nuts for their team and rightly so.
On Saturday night, boats sounding horns on the Adriatic and letting off flares, mopeds and cars bedecked in red and white checkers driving round tooting horns, every bar and restaurant stopping for 2 hours to watch the game, full to the gunnels. Brilliant time to be there.
He was there (split) onwards from 14th June for 5 days before heading on.
He watched a game at the fanzone, sure it was a Croatia game, says it was really good.
Done a tour of Hadjik Split stadium, guy spoke a fair about the Hibs Hadjik game (1973 i think) to them, enjoyed that.
Hes actually doing/done a few stadiums, hertha berlin, bayern and Ajax.
He was at a fanzone on Saturday in Berlin for England v Sweden game, about 5k English fans there he said, his mate had a Hibs top on, they got lots of abuse, Hibs F***s etc, from as he said, lots aggressive english arseholes...but they never let it bother them and just told them to fuvk off.
He visited a concetration camp in Berlin, he says Berlin a lot better than Munich.
He leaves for Amsterdam tonight, hes loving it

Not really on the radar? To be honest, a fair amount of road upgrades going on, so lots of road works. Went to Split by water taxi to avoid them

ahh... I was in split 2 years ago but took a trip down the coast to Dubrovnik. On they way back went a bit inland and got on probably the best road surface I have driven on ever was a peach of a motorway and was empty..... =o I must say however I went to split zoo and it is not a good place and had many posters after we were there that were complaining about it the animals were in an awful condition and the enclosures were not good. Apart from that every person was amazing and inviting from small family run restaurants that feel more like your barging in on the family meals to the pricier options with amazing waiting staff it was all first class and the weather was amazing.

Was in Split at the end of last week. Lovely place but very busy with cruise ship passengers on day trips. My laddie and his gf went back into Split over the weekend to go to Ultra music festival being held at Hajduk Split stadium. Seems to have had a ball judging by his social media.
We based ourselves in Trogir and Ciovo. Islands attached to the mainland by bridges that are world heritage sites. Good beaches, resort feel but with a number of historical places of interest as well as good water sport opportunities. Game of Thrones was filmed in the town for some of the time, so there was that interest angle too. It was recommended as being the hidden secret of Dalmatia in reviews I read before choosing a place to stay. The reviews were right. The owner of the apartment we rented has been outstanding. Popping in with homemade wine from the grapes he grows in his garden (On site) tomatoes from his vines and his wife made us local fritatas and handed them in for our lunch one day with more wine. So friendly.
I've kicked myself we didn't come back here sooner than we have.
Being in Croatia when the WC has been on in good too. There is a fan zone in Split, big screens, happy hour prices for 6 hours. Place is going nuts for their team and rightly so.
On Saturday night, boats sounding horns on the Adriatic and letting off flares, mopeds and cars bedecked in red and white checkers driving round tooting horns, every bar and restaurant stopping for 2 hours to watch the game, full to the gunnels. Brilliant time to be there.
Laddies in luxemburg now, luxemburg city, he says its beautiful, really nice and great people! He said Split had been the best, Also much preferred Berlin to Munich, which he said was brilliant, but says luxemburg city has been a big surprise and says its the best out of all 7 destinations, he goes to Zurich tonight

This thread has been viewed 5732 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50