• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and we lose again

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
I hate doing Just Back's when we get beat, I hate doing Just Back's when we lose to the Gunts and I hate doing Just Back's when I have nothing good to say.

This evening is a night for hating doing Just Back's. Following our loss at Killie I had decided I would only do Just Back's when we win or work hard to get a draw. Today we didnae win and whilst we worked hard second half it was all too late, after the tactical shambles of the first half, one caused by poor team selection and shape by I assume our manager. Fuck it I thought, it might be cathartic?

There were various rumours going about Wee Lee being on the lash up town last night, I think they are shite myself, but if true, I reckon he is angling for a sacking and his three month gardening leave. I did see a witches coven of Kensell, Fat Malky and a couple of other Hibs directors hanging about Malky's Audi in the Tynecastle High School car park pre match, mibbees discussing how much we agreed to pay if we sacked the manager in the winter window?

That first half Hibs looked devoid of ideas, Fish was a wreck at the back, Cadden not much better as a right half and Paul and Rocky at sixes and sevens. Fish will be gutted at giving them an early goal of a start, blame the manager for picking what is clearly an inexperienced laddie for such an important game. Fish out of water indeed. As for us going Newell and Campbell in the middle of the midfield, well we just played into Snodgrass and Pressley's hands. We were beaten by half time.

Second half was much much better, but lets be honest, Youan should have scored his one on one just before half time, Magennis had two chances to score and failed on both. We dinnae take out chances, its simple and Nissie on his own just disnae work. Couple that with a defence that cannae defend. How do we fix all that? We discussed it in the car on the way home, as I refused to listen to Wee Lee slavering. We all agree, a Director of Football is needed whether Johnson goes or not (and I no longer care), if and when Porto goes, we need two new centre halves, a ball winning midfielder who leads the team on (as Snodgrass did today for them) and someone who can score. I think Nissie with the correct support is the man to score goals, and in McGeady we might, I said might have a decent player to get us going up front.

The Hibs fans fell silent after they scored, we knew what was coming. Our away season tickets seats were woeful and I missed a number of important plays due to hundreds of Hibs fans standing in the aisle rather than take their seats. The stewards done nothing. I will be letting the ticket office know. I left after they scored their third, I hope the team and wee Lee didnae have the cheek to come over to the fans and seek our applause.

The gunts are not a good team, but are well drilled and in Frankenstein they have a goal scorer, penalties or not. They just soaked up our pressure all second half, knowing we are unlikely to score. Professionally put to the sword.

So, the team.....

Marshall could do nothing with any of the three goals, he was let down by the players in front of him, although the stats will say something different, he is one of the few layers I trust in our team.

We went for a back four first half.

Fish started at right back and was like a rabbit caught in the headlights. The first goal was completely his fault, he is no where near good enough I would rather see a young Hibs player come through than some shite reserve from Man United. That one is on Johnson though, we have a right back, we played him right half.

Paul Hanlon didn't actually do much wrong that I saw, but them I only seen one half of the play due to the selfish fans standing on the walkway. He did make on smashing tackle on the Aussie Jambo when clean through.

Rocky, good save for the penalty, although I only know that from the reruns on the gunts big screen, and a poor slip that nearly let them in second half.

Lewis was fine, they pretty much targeted Fish and Cadden all game.

The first half midfield was two in the middle and Cadden as a right half?

Cadden was in and out the game first half, he didnae really look sure where he was playing and played quite well second half as a right back when Fish was taken off at half time.

Both Campbell and Newell struggled first half as the puddles swarmed all over them. Both Newell and Campbell were better when Magennis joined them second half.

McKirdy just didnae offer enough, sorry.

Youan has skill but he over does it, disnae pass when he should, disnae score when he has too. Seems to get the full game regardless of the score. Maybe he has photos of wee Lee in Scorpio Leisure?

Nissie ploughed a lonely field up there on his own. He has a good touch, holds up play, can pass and move well but needs a partner, either another striker or a better number 10 supporting him.

Subs

Wee Lee showed he does have a plan B, just not the right resources to make it work or a plan C when B disnae get us a much needed goal?

Two changes at half time, Magennis for the pish poor Fish and McGeady for McKirdy, plus a change to a 4 5 1 from a 4 4 2. We had far more possession second half and chances to get ourselves back in the game, but we had lost the game first half.

McGeady played well when he came on, first down the line and later in various roles on the right and in the middle. If he can keep up that type of play, we may improve with him in the team.

Megennis, sorry but he should have scored, it may have given us that chance to steal a point, he hit it at the goalie both times. I am afraid whilst he is a decent player, you have to ask why he did not start?

No other subs tells me that Wee Lee may have given up the ghost.

So, wee Lee. You all know I have tried my best to back the man all the way though, as this constant churn at the club cannae go on. Today he lost me, if he stays and succeeds good, if he goes now, we have time to get a new man and a Director of football in, before the windae shuts, good n'all.

The referee was fine, although the wee short arse that plays for them should have been booked first half for persistent fouling.

The gunts, fucking perverts the lot of them. Good signings in Snodgrass, Frankenstein and Clark, senior players who lead, just shows you what a wealthy benefactor and a run and Europe can do for a club eh.

Hibs Fans were very quiet after the gunts scored, we knew what was coming eh?

Hibs man of the match, well when we lose 3 0 to our local rivals, its no easy, but I would give it to Aiden McGeady for bring some spark to us second half.

Next up, we are away to Motherwell on Sunday. I dinnae expect many Hibs fans to be there, we are shite and its awfy hard to buy a ticket for the game.

And no, it wasn't cathartic by the way.

Hibernian Forever!

Last edited:
We are really good against 9 or 10 men, though..

I hate doing Just Back's when we get beat, I hate doing Just Back's when we lose to the Gunts and I hate doing Just Back's when I have nothing good to say.

This evening is a night for hating doing Just Back's. Following our loss at Killie I had decided I would only do Just Back's when we win or work hard to get a draw. Today we didnae win and whilst we worked hard second half it was all too late, after the tactical shambles of the first half, one caused by poor team selection and shape by I assume our manager. Fuck it I thought, it might be cathartic?

There were various rumours going about Wee Lee being on the lash up town last night, I think they are shite myself, but if true, I reckon he is angling for a sacking and his three month gardening leave. I did see a witches coven of Kensell, Fat Malky and a couple of other Hibs directors hanging about Malky's Audi in the Tynecastle High School car park pre match, mibbees discussing how much we agreed to pay if we sacked the manager in the winter window?

That first half Hibs looked devoid of ideas, Fish was a wreck at the back, Cadden not much better as a right half and Paul and Rocky at sixes and sevens. Fish will be gutted at given them an early goal of a start, blame the manager for picking what is clearly an inexperienced laddie for such an important game. Fish out of water indeed. As for us going Newell and Campbell in the middle of the midfield, well we just played into Snodgrass and Pressley's hands. We were beaten by half time.

Second half was much much better, but lets be honest, Youan should have scored his one on one just before half time, Magennis had two chances to score and failed on both. We dinnae take out chances, its simple and Nissie on his own just disnae work. Couple that with a defence that cannae defend. How do we fix all that? We discussed it in the car on the way home, as I refused to listen to Wee Lee slavering. We all agree, a Director of Football is needed whether Johnson goes or not (and I no longer care), if and when Porto goes, we need two new centre halves, a ball winning midfielder who leads the team on (as Snodgrass did today for them) and someone who can score. I think Nissie with the correct support is the man to score goals, and in McGeady we might, I said might have a decent player to get us going up front.

The Hibs fans fell silent after they scored, we knew what was coming. Our away season tickets seats were woeful and I missed a number of important plays due to hundreds of Hibs fans standing in the aisle rather than take their seats. The stewards done nothing. I will be letting the ticket office know. I left after they scored their third, I hope the team and wee Lee didnae have the cheek to come over to the fans and seek our applause.

The gunts are not a good team, but are well drilled and in Frankenstein they have a goal scorer, penalties or not. They just soaked up our pressure all second half, knowing we are unlikely to score. Professionally put to the sword.

So, the team.....

Marshall could do nothing with any of the three goals, he was let down by the players in front of him, although the stats will say something different, he is one of the few layers I trust in our team.

Fish started at right back and was like a rabbit caught in the headlights. The first goal was completely his fault, he is no where near good enough I would rather see a young Hibs player come through than some shite reserve from Man United. That one is on Johnson though, we have a right back, we played him right half.

Paul Hanlon didn't actually do much wrong that I saw, but them I only seen one half of the play due to the selfish fans standing on the walkway. He did make on smashing tackle on the Aussie Jambo when clean through.

Rocky, good save for the penalty, although I only know that from the reruns on the gunts big screen, and a poor slip that nearly let them in second half.

Cadden was in and out the game first half, he didnae really look sure where he was playing and played quite well second half as a right back when Fish was taken off at half time.

Both Campbell and Newell struggled first half as the puddles swarmed all over them. Both Newell and Campbell were better when Magennis joined them second half.

Youan has skill but he over does it, disnae pass when he should, disnae score when he has too. Seems to get the full game regardless of the score. Maybe he has photos of wee Lee in Scorpio Leisure?

Nissie ploughed a lonely field up there on his own. He has a good touch, holds up play, can pass and move well but needs a partner, either another striker or a better number 10 supporting him.

Subs

Wee Lee showed he does have a plan B, just not the right resources to make it work or a plan C when B disnae get us a much needed goal?

Two changes at half time, Magennis for the pish poor Fish and McGeady for McKirdy, plus a change to a 4 5 1 from a 4 4 2. We had far more possession second half and chances to get ourselves back in the game, but we had lost the game first half.

McGeady played well when he came on, first down the line and later in various roles on the right and in the middle. If he can keep up that type of play, we may improve with him in the team.

Megennis, sorry but he should have scored, it may have given us that chance to steal a point, he hit it at the goalie both times. I am afraid whilst he is a decent player, you have to ask why he did not start?

So, wee Lee. You all know I have tried my best to back the man all the way though, as this constant churn at the club cannae go on. Today he lost me, if he stays and succeeds good, if he goes now, we have time to get a new man and a Director of football in, before the windae shuts, good n'all.

The referee was fine, although the wee short arse that plays for them should have been booked first half for persistent fouling.

The gunts, fucking perverts the lot of them. Good signings in Snodgrass, Frankenstein and Clark, senior players who lead, just shows you what a wealthy benefactor and a run and Europe can do for a club eh.

Hibs man of the match, well when we lose 3 0 to our local rivals, its no easy, but I would give it to Aiden McGeady for bring some spark to us second half.

Next up, we are away to Motherwell on Sunday. I dinnae expect many Hibs fans to be there, we are shite and its awfy hard to buy a ticket for the game.

Hibernian Forever!
Excellent report. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I don't absolve Marshall of all blame for the first goal, palming it out straight out instead of past the post.
Johnson's selection was a suicide note.

Excellent report. Maybe I'm being harsh, but I don't absolve Marshall of all blame for the first goal, palming it out straight out instead of past the post.
I agree on that but Fish not clearing was pathetic

Best thing to do is beat the *&*^ in the cup!!!

Reading around the rumours is not totally unlikely he might be trying to engineer the sack if there are things behind the scenes he is really unhappy with? I wouldn't be happy with all these signings and having 3 managers worth of underperforming players? He will get a job again easily in England I would presume.

Thanks for the just back. I was in the hibs club for the old firm before driving along to Tynie and I couldn't believe the team David Brent had picked when we saw it come through. Fish chucked in out of nowhere and out of position and mckirdy in the team. Can only assumed he picked it after his night out in George Street.

Magennis and Mcgeady made us so much better 2nd half. No idea why we didn't start that team.

Hope he's sacked now but I see him getting until after another derby pumping in a few weeks. Also if results go against us at weekend we are 1 point from playoffs and teams below have a game in hand. Scary times

Respect your opinion on things.
However I see our club being destroyed by Americans end English

Our squad isn't that bad . This bad needs a fight ffs . On paper we aren't that bad .

Best thing to do is beat the *&*^ in the cup!!!
I'd take it

Even the real David Brent couldnie talk himself out of this mess.....

Thanks for doing that M, different insight from at the game.

I thought McGeady looked a real class player and I wondered if man United have threatened to recall fish unless we play him. Playing him at right back…well it didn’t cost us the game, but it sure didn’t work.

Too many players with limited attributes today but I think like you we need to sort out a commanding centre back, and a commanding centre mid - we can turn this season around before the end of January. If we leave it until 31st January then the season will have gone.

I could accept writing off the season if it was for the greater good, but persisting with Hanlon and Rocky and Campbell snd Newell isn’t going to give us a spine next season imho

Even the real David Brent couldnie talk himself out of this mess.....

Attachments

• 2DBA9AC3-158F-4555-8B29-AA9517F98D82.gif
    2DBA9AC3-158F-4555-8B29-AA9517F98D82.gif
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Johnson was remonstrating with the stand side linesman around half-time. It had all the hallmarks of Graham Taylor in his last England game…

Johnson was remonstrating with the stand side linesman around half-time. It had all the hallmarks of Graham Taylor in his last England game…
As in 'Do I not like that?' - wtf does that mean!

That first half Hibs looked devoid of ideas, Fish was a wreck at the back, Cadden not much better as a right half and Paul and Rocky at sixes and sevens. Fish will be gutted at giving them an early goal of a start, blame the manager for picking what is clearly an inexperienced laddie for such an important game. Fish out of water indeed. As for us going Newell and Campbell in the middle of the midfield, well we just played into Snodgrass and Pressley's hands. We were beaten by half time.

So, the team.....

Subs

Hibernian Forever!
I rely on your just backs rather than shite reporting on BBC and the gnashing of teeth online. You say it as it is and normally I see things the same. I didn't see the game today as I was out with the wife and im glad I didn't. You've highlighted the problem. Those bastards sign first team ready players, we don't. Snodgrass ffs. EXACTLY what we needed, and he was on a free!

Recruitment is killing this club, but LJ has to take blame as well. Good managers make players better. He doesn't. I wanted him to succeed but I can't back him anymore

Second half team was more like the team we should've started with. Even then in the moments where you need quality, composure and a cool head we are incapable of converting. It is a shit squad of players on the whole.

The defensive calamities make it impossible to win games. Picking Fish today , out of position, away in a Derby for his debut against a quick and tricky opponent was like a resignation letter from Johnson. He's gagging on being sacked..tbh I've been totally without any opinion on the man he's so bland but I don't think I can stomach much more of his Brent esque shite.

if going down to the Championship meant we rid ourselves of the charlatans connected to the club currently I'd bite your hand off.

Things will get worse before they get better is my cheerful new year message to you all. What a fucking mess.

I agree with everything you say Mark.Didn't enjoy going into the ground at all.I guess if you were pished it was a gid laugh,sober like me an accident waiting to happen. Really bad signage,a crush getting into the ground.I was glad to get to my seat,then supporters coming in saying 'are we in 'L' or 'M'? I say 'I think I'm in 'L'?.I remember a few years back we outsung them the whole game, not today.Outclassed first and too much to do second.Was glad to get home for my tea.

I agree with everything you say Mark.Didn't enjoy going into the ground at all.I guess if you were pished it was a gid laugh,sober like me an accident waiting to happen. Really bad signage,a crush getting into the ground.I was glad to get to my seat,then supporters coming in saying 'are we in 'L' or 'M'? I say 'I think I'm in 'L'?.I remember a few years back we outsung them the whole game, not today.Outclassed first and too much to do second.Was glad to get home for my tea.
Went to the last one away, first one in a few years, found it similar myself, totally different to what it used to be, totally different crowd, too many coked and drunk idiots.

Our squad isn't that bad . This bad needs a fight ffs . On paper we aren't that bad .

I respect your opinion too, but I don't base our performances on nationalities.

Im not having a go at Marshall because he’s been our best signing this season by far but he should have came for the ball at their 3rd goal tae.

Agree with all that you say Mark, but LJ defo was out last night. McKirdy is shit and so is Fish, so why start them in such an important game.
My AST seat was also shite, barrier in front of me and constantly had people standing at said barrier. Shite day all round

I didnae drink before the game, my mate drove us through, I wish I had been as pished and/ or coked up as most of the Hibs end, would have made it more bearable.

I respect your opinion too, but I don't base our performances on nationalities.
You think we aren't being treating as an American ?

A digital salute to you for being able to write up a Just Back after witnessing that.

I'd say I'm just scunnered with Hibs at the moment, we need an overhaul from top to bottom which isn't likely to come at all.

We'll dig deep to sack yet another manager, desperately search for another yes man who's desperate enough for a job to accept Ron's sh!te, and then we'll see them struggle to get results due to the p!ss poor team recruitment will desperately string together.

Without big big changes we're quickly heading to Butcher Hibs territory.

Just scunnered... no one knows how to fix this...

Just scunnered... no one knows how to fix this...

Or where to begin?

Or where to begin?
Us

That's got Sauzee vibes all over it!

Our squad is that bad. Disgraceful in fact. Tear gas to watch.

I agree with the OP. Apart from about McGeady. Other than one turn, he was crap as well.

Folk even thinking about blaming Marshall need their head looked at. There are 10 useless players in front of him who are supposed to be defending from the front, as promised by our dud/fud of a manager and his mythical high press.

Hibs are fucking shite from top to bottom.

Or where to begin?

Two players…for the rest of the season…I think would make a massive difference. Doesn’t even need to be permanent.

What worries me from LJs post match interview, is the suggestion that he needs to move players on to bring players in. We can’t dick about, and either the owner trusts the manager or he doesn’t.

Sitting in amongst them was a view not many of you will have witnessed. Briefly while they obviously enjoyed result there's not many thought they were worth it.

A pretty even first half and Hibs dominating the second.

Through gritted teeth I agreed.

Can't disagree.

Hibs are good in possession but that means fuck all when we only create a few opportunities to score and don't even take them! Or even an xG of them!!

We were slick. They were clinical.

Are they liquidated yet? I am! Goodnight.

Two players…for the rest of the season…I think would make a massive difference. Doesn’t even need to be permanent.

What worries me from LJs post match interview, is the suggestion that he needs to move players on to bring players in. We can’t dick about, and either the owner trusts the manager or he doesn’t.

January clear out apparently 🤔

Folk even thinking about blaming Marshall need their head looked at. There are 10 useless players in front of him who are supposed to be defending from the front, as promised by our dud/fud of a manager and his mythical high press.

Who’s blaming Marshall?

Marshalls pretty decent to be fair, he can't help how poor the defence and midfield are in front of him, every goalie makes mistakes but he's certainly not the root of the problems in this team.

Guy on twitter claiming LJ sacked. Just saying what Ive seen

Who’s blaming Marshall?

Few on the March thread saying he could do better etc

I was one

Reactions: Zab
For the third I thought he could have come out at the running gunts feet but at the same time the defence did him no favours letting the player get through.

That team selection looked more a suicide note as it meant that Hearts strongest players in Devlin, Mackay, Halliday and Snodgrass were going to get an absolutely free ride in midfield and a free hit on Fish for Ginelli.

Inevitably that's what happened in the 1st half and equally inevitably Hibs came onto a sort of game once the shambles was rectified and the team shape was amended.

All to late of course but it beggars belief that any professional football manager could make these sort of choices against your local rivals away from home.😥

Its happened before though with the league cup debacle and all the deliberately weakened teams and then the disastrous cavalry charges away to Celtic and the countless other games that the manager just cant read effectively as the action ebbs and flows😥.

Everyone knows a clear out is coming and based on the signings so far you really can't trust anyone at the club for the forthcoming January transfer window but least of all the manager who insists he makes the final call.😥

Johnson should either be sacked this week or backed to the hilt in January to try to save this season and put in place a plan for next season.✅

I would sack him if it were my call.😥

Last edited:
Ron , you may have a lovely tan and a bit of cash, but mate don't come on Hibs TV with more drivel.
Ye Ken hee haw aboot fitba,so get someone in who does. Your the problem Ron and your vision has been weighed,measured and found wanting.

In the meantime , 2 or 3 proven players. Stay in Premiership and sort yourself oot in the summer.
Leadership of the lowest order Mr Gordon, not acceptable.

This thread has been viewed 14715 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£38.75