• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Just back and its another three points....

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Well we dug that one out, St Mirren gave us a game, they simply could not score and we held on. Hibs were reasonable first half but sat way too deep for the first 30 minutes of the second half. I hope it was St Mirren pressure and not the first signs of our new bosses win at all cost approach, he certainly alluded it to on the radio post match. It wont win many fans but I may just be wrong and it was the St Mirren pressure.

The evening started with a stop off at Paisley Fish Bar for two (monster) fish suppers and a double sausage supper smothered in Salt and Sauce. How much is that, I demanded of the painted lady behind the counter. 16.90 she says staunchly. Fuck that says I and bought a pickled onion, £17.20, this rebel is not for compromising.

We really did not get going in the way we have in recent games, they matched us and we ran out of ideas, really until Boyler, Horgan and then Mallan came on, Horgan gave us a new option after Newell tired badly,Boyler is just bursting with energy and won us the penalty which Mallan slotted away. Shrink has more thoughts on the penalty, I will let him summarise as I never seen what went on.

The referee was awful, not biased just rotten and the cheating and diving from St Mirren second half especially spoiled the game a bit. Its a really hunnish thing this whining for fouls that urnae fouls, is it in the water in that part of Scotland?

Talking of Scotland, I was delighted to meet and chat with my friend and fellow HIbernain fan Ian Blackford in the Hibs end, a brief respite from the battles of the English parliament. Hibs gave him a good win, I hope its not the only hard fought win we see for Ian in the coming weeks. Turns out him and his pal Jeremy Corbyn love to talk about fitba, crofting and allotments as well as the (awfy) state of the nation. Lets hope is as good a partnership as the budding Kamberi and Doidge one!

The Team

Maxwell, cannae keep a clean sheet, but almost did.

Naismith made too many mistake for me tonight and he gets no help from Slivka, especially first half.

Porto was a man mountain, fantatstic performance. One challenge and clearance was as big a blooter as I have seen since John Hughes did so regularly.

Paul Hanlon had an excellent game tonight, worked hard to help win it. Not sure what he said at the penalty, see what Shrink thinks on that one, I was not paying attention.

Lewis played well, better when Horgan came on. For the third week in a row he crossed the halfway line regularly to join the attack, somethink I think Slov Sam said is not happening. I think possibly first half is defend, second half is defend and attack. My remark to Shrink was Lewis plays like a 25 year old.

Melker Hallberg gave us a masterclass in the simple. He does his job well, he wins it, he passes, mostly forward, he finds his man, he breaks it up when needed and will go forward if the role requires. I dont think he mad a mistake at all tonight. Booked for telling the referee how wrong he had got a decision, Melker was right, the referee got it wrong. Superb acquisition.

Newell had a bright first half and vanished second. Shrink suggested exactly that one minute before he was replaced by Horgan. He does himself no favours with the droopy look, a foppish attitude when he is in fact good football player.

Vicky Slivka is an enigma, good player, especially on the ball but he is a dreamer and loses his man too often. He couldnae tackle a fish supper either. I think he is lucky we dont have a straight swap for him in the way we do for Newell, Allan and Kamberi/ Doidge.

Scottie had wee moments of magic but his desire to always play a worldy lets him down sometimes. He will play better I am sure.

Flo ran around like a madman, he disnae stop with the step overs, the McGinn arse, and link play with Doidge. Appeared to hurt his back and was replaced by Boyler. Like a new signing.

Doidge, scored a goal that was way too far away from the Hibs end to comment on. Wins the ball, he worked so hard he was dead on his feet last 20. Had Kamberi not gone off injured I expect Chris would have come off, he was shattered.

Subs, interesting all made earlyish second half....

Boyler for Kamberi with over 30 minutes to play, ran riot after an initial 10 minutes, played wide right and through the middle, got us the penalty, nearly set up Doidge for a second. Great to have him back.

Horgan followed Boyler 5 minutes later and gave us a good out ball before he too slipped into the middle in some craft Jack Ross switches last 10.

Stevie Mallan replaced Scottie with 20 to go and scored the penalty and again actually improved a lacklustre second half performance?

The Referee was rotten, no more to add.

St Mirren gave us a tough game, but go doon quicker than a Leith hoors' knickers, and ironically cannae score in a brothel, if they could they might have beat us.

The fans, well a weird one for those there. The Hibs end was full, they said 1188 Hibs fans were there, yet I was in the back row of seats and there were people standing right along the whole small concourse along the back behind me? Disjointed singing cause by the singers being spread accross the away end and slightly concerning His performance. Not that I am concerned that was a tough three points we would have dropped only a few short weeks ago.

Man of the Match, well there were two, the perrenial Melker Hallberg and the excellnt Ryan Porteous. Its Ryan for me tonight, solid as a rock.

Next up is Killie, another tough one. Personally I cannae wait.

The Hibees are back, Jack!

Hibernian Forever!

We had shoite seats doon the front which made the first half a nightmare.
I thought there was more fans through as well .

We had shoite seats doon the front which made the first half a nightmare.
I thought there was more fans through as well .

I know, I pushed you over one!

Thanks for that Mark, was twatter an' soulless bbc text at this end.

And doubly glad to hear we persist with Doidge and Kamberi up front.

There's maybe hope for us yet...

Cheers Mark, never heard the game on radio as I got called out at work.
You don't sound too upbeat I must admit , but hopefully it is our players weak confidence and not the management who made us sit back. The second half on Saturday was pinned back a bit as well, but I always felt we were in charge. Would love to see Maxwell get a clean sheet, but I won't hold my breath. Did he make a save of note tonight?
let's kick on and and go for 12\12 which was unthinkable a couple of weeks ago.
cheers again

I think one of the big differences, yet so, so simple, is Ross made all three changes (yes Kamberi we off injured) when he could tell we we're on our back heels and with good amounts of time left in the game still where they could have an impact and change the pace of the game. Correct me if I'm wrong here as I couldn't actually watch or hear the game (In The US) and had to watch the live commentary on BBC. With Hecky it was like the starting lineup was set in stone until he remembered he could make subs with 10 minutes left in the game.

Cheers Mark, never heard the game on radio as I got called out at work.
You don't sound too upbeat I must admit , but hopefully it is our players weak confidence and not the management who made us sit back. The second half on Saturday was pinned back a bit as well, but I always felt we were in charge. Would love to see Maxwell get a clean sheet, but I won't hold my breath. Did he make a save of note tonight?
let's kick on and and go for 12\12 which was unthinkable a couple of weeks ago.
cheers again

I am upbeat amigo, Hibernian won! Again! It was a tough game, they battered us second half, it was foggy and pishing down.

Glad to be home, glad we won.

Winning ugly makes me just as happy as winning well, especially away fae hame.

Supporters realised the pinch-points tonight and got behind the green & white army to see it through.

Winning is a pure barry habit ✅

A0814C0A-50AF-42E0-9BAB-EB0857E09F50.gif

Just back and delighted with the three points. We rode our luck at times but Ryan was a rock. Pished myself three times but you would never notice with the usual pissing rain in Paisley. Should have scored a third before they scored their goal with three mins to go, time to feck off for I was shitting myself by now. These late nights away are for the hardy and I suspect there was more than the 1100 announced, can't wait for Saturday. GGTTH

Defo more than 1100 there I reckon....did they only count the pre sold tics I wonder?

Regardless,yes we didnt play well, but we dug in and the collective team spirit and will to win was clear to see. Thought Mallan again made a significant contribution when coming on (not just the goal).

Momentum is key.

I think one of the big differences, yet so, so simple, is Ross made all three changes (yes Kamberi we off injured) when he could tell we we're on our back heels and with good amounts of time left in the game still where they could have an impact and change the pace of the game. Correct me if I'm wrong here as I couldn't actually watch or hear the game (In The US) and had to watch the live commentary on BBC. With Hecky it was like the starting lineup was set in stone until he remembered he could make subs with 10 minutes left in the game.
I think you are absolutely right amigo. Knowing when to change things is what it is all about.
BIG G

Great report...thanks.I listened to the first half on the radio but fell asleep at the end of the first half.Dozing off had more to do with the age I'm at than the football being played, but it definitely seemed that we were fortunate to be leading at half time and it wasn't making good listening.Still, phuck it, it's 3 points to send us further away from the bottom end.Speaking of bottom ends, you're spot on: Flo does have a McGinn arse! ???

Tough 3 points. Listened to the post match BBC stuff, you would think we had committed some kind of crime by taking the 3 points.
Porto, as OP said was MOTM.
Vicky was poor, Scotty barely got involved and we struggled to win the 2nd ball, inviting pressure back on us. On another day, a sharper St Mirrren could have taken a point, but they didnae.
Subs made a big difference, I thought Mallan was excellent when he came on, Boyle & Horgan played their part as well.
Looked a stone wall penalty to me.
Winning ugly on a wet Tuesday night in Paisley, I will take every time.

Is there an argument for Mallan to start (in place of Allan) at the moment? He was very effective when he replaced him against Motherwell, and it sounds like he improved us again last night?

Love Scott, but that position should be picked on form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there an argument for Mallan to start (in place of Allan) at the moment? He was very effective when he replaced him against Motherwell, and it sounds like he improved us again last night?

Allan was very good against St Johnstone and Motherwell in the games before yesterday's, so it would be very harsh to drop him for one off night.

A great 3 points away from home. It sounds like we were under it a bit and were perhaps fortunate to get all 3 points. However if you take a look at St Mirren's home form in the league it becomes a fantastic result;

Beat Aberdeen 1-0
Lost 0-1 to Der Hun
Drew 0-0 with Hamilton
Drew 0-0 with Gunts
Beat St Johnstone 2-0
Beat Ross County 2-1
Lost 2-1 to Hibs

So only their second home defeat and only team to score twice against them and they've only conceded 4 goals in 7 home games.

Well we dug that one out, St Mirren gave us a game, they simply could not score and we held on. Hibs were reasonable first half but sat way too deep for the first 30 minutes of the second half. I hope it was St Mirren pressure and not the first signs of our new bosses win at all cost approach, he certainly alluded it to on the radio post match. It wont win many fans but I may just be wrong and it was the St Mirren pressure.

The evening started with a stop off at Paisley Fish Bar for two (monster) fish suppers and a double sausage supper smothered in Salt and Sauce. How much is that, I demanded of the painted lady behind the counter. 16.90 she says staunchly. Fuck that says I and bought a pickled onion, £17.20, this rebel is not for compromising.

We really did not get going in the way we have in recent games, they matched us and we ran out of ideas, really until Boyler, Horgan and then Mallan came on, Horgan gave us a new option after Newell tired badly,Boyler is just bursting with energy and won us the penalty which Mallan slotted away. Shrink has more thoughts on the penalty, I will let him summarise as I never seen what went on.

The referee was awful, not biased just rotten and the cheating and diving from St Mirren second half especially spoiled the game a bit. Its a really hunnish thing this whining for fouls that urnae fouls, is it in the water in that part of Scotland?

Talking of Scotland, I was delighted to meet and chat with my friend and fellow HIbernain fan Ian Blackford in the Hibs end, a brief respite from the battles of the English parliament. Hibs gave him a good win, I hope its not the only hard fought win we see for Ian in the coming weeks. Turns out him and his pal Jeremy Corbyn love to talk about fitba, crofting and allotments as well as the (awfy) state of the nation. Lets hope is as good a partnership as the budding Kamberi and Doidge one!

The Team

Maxwell, cannae keep a clean sheet, but almost did.

Naismith made too many mistake for me tonight and he gets no help from Slivka, especially first half.

Porto was a man mountain, fantatstic performance. One challenge and clearance was as big a blooter as I have seen since John Hughes did so regularly.

Paul Hanlon had an excellent game tonight, worked hard to help win it. Not sure what he said at the penalty, see what Shrink thinks on that one, I was not paying attention.

Lewis played well, better when Horgan came on. For the third week in a row he crossed the halfway line regularly to join the attack, somethink I think Slov Sam said is not happening. I think possibly first half is defend, second half is defend and attack. My remark to Shrink was Lewis plays like a 25 year old.

Melker Hallberg gave us a masterclass in the simple. He does his job well, he wins it, he passes, mostly forward, he finds his man, he breaks it up when needed and will go forward if the role requires. I dont think he mad a mistake at all tonight. Booked for telling the referee how wrong he had got a decision, Melker was right, the referee got it wrong. Superb acquisition.

Newell had a bright first half and vanished second. Shrink suggested exactly that one minute before he was replaced by Horgan. He does himself no favours with the droopy look, a foppish attitude when he is in fact good football player.

Vicky Slivka is an enigma, good player, especially on the ball but he is a dreamer and loses his man too often. He couldnae tackle a fish supper either. I think he is lucky we dont have a straight swap for him in the way we do for Newell, Allan and Kamberi/ Doidge.

Scottie had wee moments of magic but his desire to always play a worldy lets him down sometimes. He will play better I am sure.

Flo ran around like a madman, he disnae stop with the step overs, the McGinn arse, and link play with Doidge. Appeared to hurt his back and was replaced by Boyler. Like a new signing.

Doidge, scored a goal that was way too far away from the Hibs end to comment on. Wins the ball, he worked so hard he was dead on his feet last 20. Had Kamberi not gone off injured I expect Chris would have come off, he was shattered.

Subs, interesting all made earlyish second half.....

Boyler for Kamberi with over 30 minutes to play, ran riot after an initial 10 minutes, played wide right and through the middle, got us the penalty, nearly set up Doidge for a second. Great to have him back.

Horgan followed Boyler 5 minutes later and gave us a good out ball before he too slipped into the middle in some craft Jack Ross switches last 10.

Stevie Mallan replaced Scottie with 20 to go and scored the penalty and again actually improved a lacklustre second half performance?

The Referee was rotten, no more to add.

St Mirren gave us a tough game, but go doon quicker than a Leith hoors' knickers, and ironically cannae score in a brothel, if they could they might have beat us.

The fans, well a weird one for those there. The Hibs end was full, they said 1188 Hibs fans were there, yet I was in the back row of seats and there were people standing right along the whole small concourse along the back behind me? Disjointed singing cause by the singers being spread accross the away end and slightly concerning His performance. Not that I am concerned that was a tough three points we would have dropped only a few short weeks ago.

Man of the Match, well there were two, the perrenial Melker Hallberg and the excellnt Ryan Porteous. Its Ryan for me tonight, solid as a rock.

Next up is Killie, another tough one. Personally I cannae wait.

The Hibees are back, Jack!

Hibernian Forever!
Thanks for the Just Back. The "solid as a rock" is apt, but the one time he misjudged the bounce of the ball in the first half, his central defender partner covered his back very well with an excellent intervention, backing up your view that both had good games last night. I cannot say the same for Slivka, though because he offered little or no cover to Naysmith last night, who, unfortunately, drifted infield too often, especially first half, leaving (their) left wing exposed. If there were any thoughts in Jack Ross' mind that he may not need to do much business in January, then last night proved we need a coupla solid midfielders. That said, a good three points, which, as you state, may have been one or none a month ago.

Last edited:
Allan was very good against St Johnstone and Motherwell in the games before yesterday's, so it would be very harsh to drop him for one off night.
Correct plus allan is more complete player than mallan .

Not for me - Doidge’s goal last night and Kamberi’s on Saturday came from Allan finding space and playing in Naismith for the cross. He’s capable of things no one else in the squad is.

At present Mallan seems to be more effective off the bench than he has been starting matches, he’s a very good player and his introduction later in the game has helped us kill off games to get the three points. I wouldn’t be looking to swap that at the minute.

All good points, folks - was just a thought!

Reactions: Zab
I thought Hibs were garbage last night

St.Mirren were good on the ball up until the final third where the number 9 was utterly useless

A hard fought victory nonetheless

Just back and delighted with the three points. We rode our luck at times but Ryan was a rock. Pished myself three times but you would never notice with the usual pissing rain in Paisley. Should have scored a third before they scored their goal with three mins to go, time to feck off for I was shitting myself by now. These late nights away are for the hardy and I suspect there was more than the 1100 announced, can't wait for Saturday. GGTTH
Think I'll go with the pishing myself idea.I missed Horgans goal on Saturday because I went to the bog,and I missed Doidge's goal last night for the same reason.I only had the one pint o'Guiness too.

As for the game?We got away with one.If St Mirren had been playing Rugby they would have got a Cricket score.That Maxwell was very lucky not to see a red.Looked like a rush of blood to the head.Slivka just wasn't up to it last night,and Newell who I've now warmed to flagged.But I'm glad to see our new manager knows how to make dessisive subs.

Thanks for the just back Mark. A great 3 points for Hibernian.

[QUOTE="moathibby, post: 1678395, member: 8808"
Think I'll go with the pishing myself idea.I missed Horgans goal on Saturday because I went to the bog,and I missed Doidge's goal last night for the same reason.I only had the one pint o'Guiness too.
[/QUOTE]
Love a Guinness but the toilet run increases by tenfold, whisky or gin and tonic allows cerebrating a Hibs goal. Winning nullifies that damp feeling, oh wait maybe it increases it.

Delighted with the 3 points but concerned when I read you are concerned that Ross maybe showed hints of a negative game plan to come. Becky got off to a good start in terms of wins and pulling us up the table.

From the highlights I watched it did look like we were a bit lucky. I want to like Maxwell but he seems to dive around but not actually save the ball all that much.

I’m colourblind and found the St Mirren keeper’s top looked close to the same as the Hibs top - was that the case?

Delighted with the 3 points but concerned when I read you are concerned that Ross maybe showed hints of a negative game plan to come. Becky got off to a good start in terms of wins and pulling us up the table.

From the highlights I watched it did look like we were a bit lucky. I want to like Maxwell but he seems to dive around but not actually save the ball all that much.

I’m colourblind and found the St Mirren keeper’s top looked close to the same as the Hibs top - was that the case?
I knew a Becky and I got off to a good start! But that's another story :giggley:

You're not as colourblind as you think.

In the first half in particular, the distance meant that the 'keeper's top and Hibs tops were well nigh indistinguishable from each other.

I knew a Becky and I got off to a good start! But that's another story :giggley:
Mon Jack, yi ken what the rules are... a pic for Sir Shrink, and a Just Beck for the rest of us.:giggley:

Good shout with the goalie top!Iwas thinking that all the way through the game,Ref should have spotted it.

Yes - yes - yes !!! I, too, am colour blind and just find the instances of strips clashing is far too common. In the second half, with the Saints goalie with his back to us, there was far too much of a similarity with our away tops, but to people with normal vision, there's no problem.

Yes - yes - yes !!! I, too, am colour blind and just find the instances of strips clashing is far too common. In the second half, with the Saints goalie with his back to us, there was far too much of a similarity with our away tops, but to people with normal vision, there's no problem.

I don't have it but I'd assume colour blindness is a disability???

If I was you I'd take that up with the Disability Officer at the club, no idea who it is these days. Maybe @Power as he passes by could let us know.

I wonder if the SPFL/SFA have ever researched this or considered issuing guidance to member clubs.

Always a good sign if you're still picking up 3 points when you dont play that well away from home. We're getting the rub of the green a bit also that we didn't get earlier in the season.

Hopefully the confidence is increasing with every win..still quite a bit to improve on which is exciting as I think we will get better as the season progresses (injuries permitting).

Another big game against Killie at the weekend..midfield will have to step up on tonight's performance but it's a game we have to be optimistic of winning.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

A great 3 points away from home. It sounds like we were under it a bit and were perhaps fortunate to get all 3 points. However if you take a look at St Mirren's home form in the league it becomes a fantastic result;

Beat Aberdeen 1-0
Lost 0-1 to Der Hun
Drew 0-0 with Hamilton
Drew 0-0 with Gunts
Beat St Johnstone 2-0
Beat Ross County 2-1
Lost 2-1 to Hibs

So only their second home defeat and only team to score twice against them and they've only conceded 4 goals in 7 home games.

How dare you back up your argument with facts good sir!

As for the game?We got away with one.If St Mirren had been playing Rugby they would have got a Cricket score.That Maxwell was very lucky not to see a red.Looked like a rush of blood to the head.Slivka just wasn't up to it last night,and Newell who I've now warmed to flagged.But I'm glad to see our new manager knows how to make dessisive subs.
I think I'm agreeing with what you're saying but how do you get a CRICKET score in RUGBY when you're playing a game of FOOTBALL?:44:

Killie will be interesting, it was Killie at home last season where we got one of our first tastes of ‘HeckyBall’ (a negative, containing game against one of the league’s better sides which was to become his trademark).

A chance for JR to put down an early marker. A performance similar to the Motherwell one would do me fine, onwards and upwards!

Due respect to Vykintas, but upgrading the No.8 position is the priority in January for me.

I think I'm agreeing with what you're saying but how do you get a CRICKET score in RUGBY when you're playing a game of FOOTBALL?:44:
When I was lying in my bed this morning I was thinking that would be an amusing thing to say,so I said it.

When I was lying in my bed this morning I was thinking that would be an amusing thing to say,so I said it.
Made me smile.
Glad you managed to make it home.

How dare you back up your argument with facts good sir!

He’s not going to last long on here.

This thread has been viewed 5076 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50