• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

JOINT STATEMENT: HIBERNIAN FC AND NEIL LENNON/GARRY PARKER

Twitter users want a soap opera, its the world we live in. I want the club to move on, and quickly, with no further escalation of the situation

It doesn't change the fact it's an embarrassing farce for the club . We have to move on but this is a season too forget on and off the pitch

The club are lying by saying that nothing untoward happened. If nothing had happened why was he not in the dugout on Sunday ? You don’t have a review the day before a game. I understand people wanting to back the club and i will be backing them, but the statement is an insult to people intellegence.
Why not just say that for legal reason we won’t be commenting any further comment and wish both well in the future.
Coz this is to save face for both.

Whether Lennon allegedly called LD a clueless river we shall never know. And if he didnt why was he suspended?

LD has to follow for having a part in this. if there was no wrongdoings as suggested then LD has just made a right tit of us and must go.

The club are lying by saying that nothing untoward happened. If nothing had happened why was he not in the dugout on Sunday ? You don’t have a review the day before a game. I understand people wanting to back the club and i will be backing them, but the statement is an insult to people intellegence.
Why not just say that for legal reason we won’t be commenting any further comment and wish both well in the future.
The statement says in black and white that nothing untoward happened. The statement says what it says because it allows everyone to walk away in agreement.

Yep , surely you can have a parting of ways without all this ? It's not exactly unusual

I can only say in my working life I've never seen anything like this . Looks like a face saving thing , money will help everyone to agree to the "facts" I imagine
Exactly, the events are now put to bed to the satisfaction of everyone involved and we move on.

It doesn't change the fact it's an embarrassing farce for the club . We have to move on but this is a season too forget on and off the pitch

This agreement stops the situation from escalating any further. It's in no one's interest for it to grow arms and legs surely?

I don't know what some folk expected here. It was either going to be a bland statement like it is or a full on legal dispute where ultimately it would be the same ending but with the club severely damaged financially, with performances heading to a relegation disaster, and reputations in tatters.
Of course it's a pile of shite but thankfully it's over and we can all move on for the sake of the club. After all, nobody is bigger...

It's a glowing reference for Neil Lennon and Garry Parker so just why Hibs are we letting them go?

I find that statement not in the least bit surprising but it's a total embarrassment. Six days of no comment briefing journalists off the record that both have been suspended and that they won't be returning and then the wording of that statement....

The rest of the season is on the watch of Rod Petrie and Leeann Dempster. Close on 14,000 season ticket holders are looking on....

I can only say in my working life I've never seen anything like this . Looks like a face saving thing , money will help everyone to agree to the "facts" I imagine

It's pretty standard procedure Forza.
I've been involved in a few similar exercises (no, I wasn't the subject!) where an individual is suspended whilst an investigation takes place. I've also been party to compromise agreements.
We might all be curious as to whatever happened, but ultimately it's best for all parties to move on.

Lennon was a revelation for a couple of seasons. This season maybe not so much.
I'm glad we have parted amicably and without rancour.

This agreement stops the situation from escalating any further. It's in no one's interest for it to grow arms and legs surely?

I'm sure it will regardless , i dont imagine the press saying "oh thats all it was , no story here"

I'm sure it will regardless , i dont imagine the press saying "oh thats all it was , no story here"

The story will be Saturdays fish supper wrapper. Other headlines will emerge as the transfer window slams shut - that's the Scottish football soap opera for you.

Coz this is to save face for both.

Whether Lennon allegedly called LD a clueless river we shall never know. And if he didnt why was he suspended?

LD has to follow for having a part in this. if there was no wrongdoings as suggested then LD has just made a right tit of us and must go.
The statement says in black and white that nothing untoward happened. The statement says what it says because it allows everyone to walk away in agreement.
I agree it was to save face and to allow everyone to walk away in agreement, that’s why I said it was exactly what I expected. I still think it’s a pack of lies though.

Arrangement to ensure both parties can move on swiftly which is best for all concerned. Perhaps we'll learn in years to come what really happened.

I agree it was to save face and to allow everyone to walk away in agreement, that’s why I said it was exactly what I expected. I still think it’s a pack of lies though.
Fair enough. Fortunately we will never find out the gory details.

Yep , surely you can have a parting of ways without all this ? It's not exactly unusual
Exactly, no one ever seems to be fired anymore, it’s always done with the mutual consent. Everyone knows it’s complete bollocks.

Exactly, no one ever seems to be fired anymore, it’s always done with the mutual consent. Everyone knows it’s complete bollocks.

Lennon did nothing to merit being fired though.

I think this statement is bullshit tbh. According to it he’s done nothing wrong, hasn’t been dismissed and hasn’t resigned? So why are we without a manager if done nothing wrong?
Absolutely this. A nonsense statement, this basically says nowt happened, nowt tae see here, when clearly it did otherwise we wouldnae be where we are. I'm not sure how this saves face for either the club or Lennon in particular, anybody thinking of employing him will ken something happened, they didnae just turn round shake hands and decide tae part company just because.

So why is he away then ?

We don’t know that. Maybe the club would rather just settle this amicably and move on. My previous point was more of a general point about when a manager gets sacked. They’re always generic bullshit that everyone reading can see through. Managers very rarely leave by mutual consent.

So why is he away then ?
Said before - Lennon and Dempster can no longer work together as their relationship is beyond repair. The love has gone.

We don’t know that. Maybe the club would rather just settle this amicably and move on. My previous point was more of a general point about when a manager gets sacked. They’re always generic bullshit that everyone reading can see through. Managers very rarely leave by mutual consent.
We do know that - it's crystal clear in the statement.

I've been involved in a few similar exercises (no, I wasn't the subject!) where an individual is suspended whilst an investigation takes place. I've also been party to compromise agreements.
We might all be curious as to whatever happened, but ultimately it's best for all parties to move on.

This.

An investigation into nothing when someone was suspended for absolutely no reason . Two people who have always it would appear got on absolutely fine decide they can no longer work together . Yep I'm sure it happens all the time

Club statements have to worded in such a careful manner that it was always going to be something along these lines.

Lennon got to say his goodbye, the board covered the usual bases with such statements.

Nothing more will be said. Any further statements will be about the next Head Coach & any signings.

Farewell to Neil Lennon, got us back where we belong and gave us a great season last year. Got us promoted, to two semi finals, and also gave us our best run in Europe for 40 years.

Well we’re xleatly being lied to cause the club are claiming he’s done nothing wrong and hasn’t been dismissed or he hasn’t resigned? So what’s happened then?

Option three - a mutual parting of the ways. When a position becomes untenable, it doesn’t mean someone will resign or be sacked, but both parties agree they can’t continue to work together.

An investigation into nothing when someone was suspended for absolutely no reason . Two people who have always it would appear got on absolutely fine decide they can no longer work together . Yep I'm sure it happens all the time
There was an investigation into something, and that was found to be baseless. It's a regular HR occurrence believe me.

Depends of your views on rancour

Lennon obviously did something wrong. But this way, the club publicly clear him of anything saving his reputation. In exchange for a cheaper payoff. That’s the only realistic way this can be read imo.

Gutted he’s gone as it was a great period with him in charge Didn’t fear anyone and a real pity it ended this way.

Worry we just return to accepted mediocrity now and although managing him would be a challenge I don’t think Dempster comes out of this well.

Gutted he’s gone as it was a great period with him in charge Didn’t fear anyone and a real pity it ended this way.

Worry we just return to accepted mediocrity now and although managing him would be a challenge I don’t think Dempster comes out of this well.
Mediocrity is Petrie’s way. Natural order.

Lenny wanted to push on ... no chance under Petrie

We do know that - it's crystal clear in the statement.
I don’t believe the statement is factual. Fair enough if you do.

Who do you want to lose face here? Do you want the Club to be a laughing stock? Do you want Lennon hung out to dry?
The clubs already a laughing stock and Lennon has a been hung out to dry.

There was an investigation into something, and that was found to be baseless. It's a regular HR occurrence believe me.
Is it a regular occurrence for the person to leave after the suspension when it was found to have been baseless?

I think it's an exercise in futility personally and would rather just focus on the future, but if anyone really wants to try to interpret what actually happened the important thing to remember is that the version of the truth in this statement is preferable to telling the actual truth for both sides.

So why is it in Neil's interests to say mutual consent if in reality he's done nothing wrong and in fact he's the wronged party? Why is it in the club's interests to say mutual consent if in fact he was emptied for behaviour issues? Figure out the answers to those and you won't be far away from the truth.

Of course the other unknown variable that comes into it is the amount of money that has (or hasn't) changed hands. Personally I don't think Neil is the kind of guy who would allow his silence to be bought if he genuinely thought he'd been wronged. His reputation is surely more important to him in terms of future roles in the game than a short term wedge in his pocket, hence my personal feeling is that the true story reflects badly on him but he holds some leverage over the club (threat of legal action?) that has led Hibs to want to put this to bed asap and concentrate on moving forward.

Agree with this.

My sentiments exactly. Corporate statement, no doubt with a confidentiality clause.

Will miss Lennon. It's been a roller coaster and in the main a thoroughly enjoyable ride. Going to Ibrox and Parkhead with no fear was a new and pleasant experience.

Purely my own thoughts, but don't believe Kamberi wanted to be at Hibs when Sunderland came in for him. Tied up on a pre-contract as part of the loan deal. His weekly performances backed up my conspiracy theory.

Neil Lennon's Green and White Army!!!!
Yep - He did have that win at all costs mentality which I agree with 100% .
I never quite grasped the chat about the Sunderland issue or the chronology of events regarding Kamberi .

Is it a regular occurrence for the person to leave after the suspension when it was found to have been baseless?

If the parties can no longer work together then yes.

So what do we think the script is with Dempster in all of this? Will we see her departing soon too? Basing this on nothing more than that she’s been quiet for ages, and is conspicuous by her absence in this statement.

So what do we think the script is with Dempster in all of this? Will we see her departing soon too? Basing this on nothing more than that she’s been quiet for ages, and is conspicuous by her absence in this statement.

She HAS been pretty quiet hasn't she?
Anyone would think she was a Fans Rep on the Board.
:grinning-smiley-045:

Don't see anything sinister in her not chucking her tuppenceworth into the statement.
Rod took charge and as Chairman put his name to it on Hibs behalf.

Had it come from Leeann I'm confident someone would have accused Rodders of hiding behind her skirts.

Or trousers obviously.
:sparkle-cool:

Yep - He did have that win at all costs mentality which I agree with 100% .
I never quite grasped the chat about the Sunderland issue or the chronology of events regarding Kamberi .
Never seen any chat about Kamberi previously. Sunderland offered £1.8m to Grasshoppers last summer for him. With that comes the appropriate salary. Hibs have first option on Kamberi with an agreed fee within the loan agreement. It isn't a great leap of faith that Hibs agreed a salary with Kamberi's agent during the loan spell. Hibs trigger the contract agreement much to Grasshopper's and Kamberi's dislike. Kamberi with no other option says it's his choice to the media and why he chose Hibs over Sunderland.

Truth is, we have an unhappy player on the books. He struggles to give his all. Lennon tries everything to restore him to the player he was the previous season. Eventually, frustrated, Lennon has pops to the media hoping for a positive reaction. End result, Hibs and Lennon agree to mutually part ways.

Nothing more than a conspiracy theory and pointless now.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 5654 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75