JOINT STATEMENT: HIBERNIAN FC AND NEIL LENNON/GARRY PARKER (1 Viewer)

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Twitter users want a soap opera, its the world we live in. I want the club to move on, and quickly, with no further escalation of the situation
It doesn't change the fact it's an embarrassing farce for the club . We have to move on but this is a season too forget on and off the pitch

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jamie

Staff member
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Website
www.hibeesbounce.com
The club are lying by saying that nothing untoward happened. If nothing had happened why was he not in the dugout on Sunday ? You don’t have a review the day before a game. I understand people wanting to back the club and i will be backing them, but the statement is an insult to people intellegence.
Why not just say that for legal reason we won’t be commenting any further comment and wish both well in the future.
Coz this is to save face for both.

Whether Lennon allegedly called LD a clueless river we shall never know. And if he didnt why was he suspended?

LD has to follow for having a part in this. if there was no wrongdoings as suggested then LD has just made a right tit of us and must go.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
The club are lying by saying that nothing untoward happened. If nothing had happened why was he not in the dugout on Sunday ? You don’t have a review the day before a game. I understand people wanting to back the club and i will be backing them, but the statement is an insult to people intellegence.
Why not just say that for legal reason we won’t be commenting any further comment and wish both well in the future.
The statement says in black and white that nothing untoward happened. The statement says what it says because it allows everyone to walk away in agreement.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
Yep , surely you can have a parting of ways without all this ? It's not exactly unusual

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I can only say in my working life I've never seen anything like this . Looks like a face saving thing , money will help everyone to agree to the "facts" I imagine
Exactly, the events are now put to bed to the satisfaction of everyone involved and we move on.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
It doesn't change the fact it's an embarrassing farce for the club . We have to move on but this is a season too forget on and off the pitch
This agreement stops the situation from escalating any further. It's in no one's interest for it to grow arms and legs surely?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Beagle

Donator
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I don't know what some folk expected here. It was either going to be a bland statement like it is or a full on legal dispute where ultimately it would be the same ending but with the club severely damaged financially, with performances heading to a relegation disaster, and reputations in tatters.
Of course it's a pile of shite but thankfully it's over and we can all move on for the sake of the club. After all, nobody is bigger...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Smurf

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
It's a glowing reference for Neil Lennon and Garry Parker so just why Hibs are we letting them go?

I find that statement not in the least bit surprising but it's a total embarrassment. Six days of no comment briefing journalists off the record that both have been suspended and that they won't be returning and then the wording of that statement....

The rest of the season is on the watch of Rod Petrie and Leeann Dempster. Close on 14,000 season ticket holders are looking on....

Reactions: beefy
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
I can only say in my working life I've never seen anything like this . Looks like a face saving thing , money will help everyone to agree to the "facts" I imagine
It's pretty standard procedure Forza.
I've been involved in a few similar exercises (no, I wasn't the subject!) where an individual is suspended whilst an investigation takes place. I've also been party to compromise agreements.
We might all be curious as to whatever happened, but ultimately it's best for all parties to move on.

Lennon was a revelation for a couple of seasons. This season maybe not so much.
I'm glad we have parted amicably and without rancour.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Forzahibs

I'm a Radge Donator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
This agreement stops the situation from escalating any further. It's in no one's interest for it to grow arms and legs surely?
I'm sure it will regardless , i dont imagine the press saying "oh thats all it was , no story here"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I'm sure it will regardless , i dont imagine the press saying "oh thats all it was , no story here"
The story will be Saturdays fish supper wrapper. Other headlines will emerge as the transfer window slams shut - that's the Scottish football soap opera for you.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Coz this is to save face for both.

Whether Lennon allegedly called LD a clueless river we shall never know. And if he didnt why was he suspended?

LD has to follow for having a part in this. if there was no wrongdoings as suggested then LD has just made a right tit of us and must go.
The statement says in black and white that nothing untoward happened. The statement says what it says because it allows everyone to walk away in agreement.
I agree it was to save face and to allow everyone to walk away in agreement, that’s why I said it was exactly what I expected. I still think it’s a pack of lies though.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MSG_07

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Arrangement to ensure both parties can move on swiftly which is best for all concerned. Perhaps we'll learn in years to come what really happened.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
I agree it was to save face and to allow everyone to walk away in agreement, that’s why I said it was exactly what I expected. I still think it’s a pack of lies though.
Fair enough. Fortunately we will never find out the gory details.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Yep , surely you can have a parting of ways without all this ? It's not exactly unusual
Exactly, no one ever seems to be fired anymore, it’s always done with the mutual consent. Everyone knows it’s complete bollocks.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Exactly, no one ever seems to be fired anymore, it’s always done with the mutual consent. Everyone knows it’s complete bollocks.
Lennon did nothing to merit being fired though.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Desperate Dan

Scottish no british, ya radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I think this statement is bullshit tbh. According to it he’s done nothing wrong, hasn’t been dismissed and hasn’t resigned? So why are we without a manager if done nothing wrong?
Absolutely this. A nonsense statement, this basically says nowt happened, nowt tae see here, when clearly it did otherwise we wouldnae be where we are. I'm not sure how this saves face for either the club or Lennon in particular, anybody thinking of employing him will ken something happened, they didnae just turn round shake hands and decide tae part company just because.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Leith1975

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
Lennon did nothing to merit being fired though.
We don’t know that. Maybe the club would rather just settle this amicably and move on. My previous point was more of a general point about when a manager gets sacked. They’re always generic bullshit that everyone reading can see through. Managers very rarely leave by mutual consent.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Bossie

Bounce Radge
Part of Bounce
Reaction score
So why is he away then ?
Said before - Lennon and Dempster can no longer work together as their relationship is beyond repair. The love has gone.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel
HELP US BY CLICKING THE ADS