• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Hibernian v Morton

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
The second of two 'six pointers' is upon us as Duff Jimmy brings his Morton team to Easter Road. For nae reason I can understand some see Baldy Jim as the new Messiah, for me he is the useless prick that relegated Hibs. Its taken him 20 years, yes thats 20 years to do anything as a manager. They are 10 points behind us FFS.

A quick keek on the Morton Message board tells us they have not been playing well recently, some think they will get skelped by Hibs, some hope for a draw, one dafty thinks they will win 0-2 with Efe scoring 2 own goals.

I expect some changes, Rocky back in goals, Efe staying at right back, Daz captain, Paul back steadying the ship, Lewis being Lewis. Midfield should see Marv, SJM, Shinnie and I expect Boyle, with Dylan resting that weary groin? Up front Lenny may change it up front with Keats possibly returning beside Jase, then again, maybe not?

We need to be better than the weekend, Keats wonder goal blocked out our stuttering performance. We need to be better, a win will go a long way to securing the title.

If you can, get along and support the team.

Hibernian Forever!

I think Hibs will win 2-0 with a boisterous healthy crowd lapping up the Hibees playing with down right panache.

Wonder if Shinniesta will be fit?

2-0 to the Hibees!

Wonder how shinnies shoulder is after being subbed...And wouldn't mind seeing graham start instead of holt, I think all these games are getting too much too soon for him! Hopefully another 4-0 like early on in the season against them at ER

I'll be there

Wonder if Shinniesta will be fit?
I hope so.

That boy is in a rich vein of form. And I like it!

I want to see Hibs set up to attack, and be clinical on the counter, so a 433:
Marciano
Ambrose McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley McGeough McGinn
Boyle Cummings Keatings

Bench:
Laidlaw, Forster, Crane, Fyvie, Shinnie, Graham, Holt

Hard game, I hope we keep a clean sheet and create more chances than we did against Fawkirk. Floodlight football is great. 2-0.

As I turned 50 feck the cants 5-0 hibs were magic pished

Christ you had a hard paper round mate!

Christ you had a hard paper round mate!

Typo I reckon. He's after a 6-0 win.

Gonna predict 4-0 for the Hibees. A brace for Cummings.

Wouldn't mind Graham starting ahead of Holt tonight.

It would be nice to watch a convincing home win but being Hibs 3-2.

Morton have had a fantastic season and they must be delighted to be where they are...a definite play-off place and a real chance of finishing second. Losing on Saturday and giving up their unbeaten home record will have been a blow to them so they will come to Easter Road tonight determined to take something from the game. As always with Hibs at home it very much depends on whether or not we get the first goal as to how the game is going to unfold. I hope we start for once at a good high tempo and score early so as to generate confidence and momentum. If they score first (as we saw in the Dumbarton game and many others at Easter Road in the last 3 years) it's going to be a struggle IMO...especially given our lack of goal threat.

I'm going for an early goal for Hibs and a 2-0 win.

Last edited:
It would be nice to watch a convincing home win but being Hibs 3-2.

I'd take that, has a bit of a ring to it for some reason. Think Hibs will win, by what score is anyones guess.

I fancy Hibs to win by a couple of goals, 2-0 or 3-1, especially if they manage a goal in the first half.

I really don't care what the scoreline is though as long as it's a Hibs winning one. A last minute disputed penalty and a 1-0 win would be just fine and dandy.

Hibs win big games. I'll repeat that, Hibs win big games. 3-1 tonight, 2-0 in the Cup semi, 3-2 in the final. You read it here first.

Even though we've not played that well, performance wise, recently, I actually have a feeling we will win with a fair bit to spare.

4-1 Hibs.

Hibs win big games. I'll repeat that, Hibs win big games. 3-1 tonight, 2-0 in the Cup semi, 3-2 in the final. You read it here first.

I like this. A. Lot.

Just stuck a fiver on Jase to bag a hat trick at 14/1, maybe getting a bit over confident!

Was there on sat but unfortunately skint now and cannae make it along , gave up the chance of a freebie cos i cannae take the laddie, will anyone have a link i e periscope so i can watch it as it`s not on the radio from what i can see :dunno:

3-0 Mon the Hibs.

Was there on sat but unfortunately skint now and cannae make it along , gave up the chance of a freebie cos i cannae take the laddie, will anyone have a link i e periscope so i can watch it as it`s not on the radio from what i can see :dunno:

Sporstsound is on BBC medium wave at 6:30

Would have started with Graham

Sent from my iphone

It`s usually on nightly at that time mate finishes at 7 the show will tune in but cannae see it , cheers tho Davy

STARTING XI | Marciano, Ambrose, McGregor, Hanlon, Stevenson, Bartley, McGinn, Boyle, Keatings, Holt, Cummings.

SUBS | Laidlaw, McLean, Forster, Fyvie, McGeouch, Martin, Graham​

Not really working just now. Nothing disastrous, just not working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shan game thus far.

This is utter dirge. Midfield non existent.

I don't think it's been that bad, at least Morton are making a go of it (and look the more dangerous). I think we can go up a gear here. Need super to earn his name - as per smurf we are losing the midfield.

Impressed wi Morton

We can't say Morton have shut up shop...

Holt needs hooked for graham I reckon

Holt, Keats, McGinn, Cummings, all murder. Martin Boyle only player to really apply himself to the task.

One of the worst performances I've seen at ER for a while. Not one player in front of the back four has looked remotely like a footballer. Every single one of them should take a long hard look at themselves.

Gone from bad to worse now that McGregor is suspended.

Gone from bad to worse now that McGregor is suspended.

True but another game gone and we are still 10 points ahead..(11 counting goal difference)

- - - Updated - - -

One of the worst performances I've seen at ER for a while. Not one player in front of the back four has looked remotely like a footballer. Every single one of them should take a long hard look at themselves.

Can see a lot of changes next season

That was a hard game to watch! Refs keep getting worse and worse!! Was their keeper out his box when he picked it up?? Looked miles out from where I was but hard to judge

That was pathetic. Wrong midfield for me. Why wait so so long to bring on McGeouch? Weird subs...

This thread has been viewed 10191 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75