• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Fans reps

SKII

Private Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the score is with the roles. We don't get any updates from them. Tracey hasn't been on here for ages. Frank never does.

Are we nearing elections again? Am sure we will get a flurry of posts from potential candidates again then...

Window dressing with foreign jaunt perks seems to have been the narrative this season...

Last edited:
I don't know if Frank is still a rep, I've heard people say he's a good guy to engage with at games but I'm not sure the role is ideally suited to someone who only engages with folk who happen to sit in the same block at Easter Road. To be fair to Tracey she does seem to engage on the other site but trying to keep up on anything useful over there amongst all the bickering and trolling is nigh impossible.

Pair of jokers.

Pair of jokers.
Something happen Smurf :popcorn3:

Something happen Smurf :popcorn3:

Na nothing happened.... That's the problem

Na nothing happened.... That's the problem
Good point, well made.

Pair of jokers.
I've contacted Tracey a couple of times , find her ok , ask a question , she will get you an answer .

Just wondering what the score is with the roles. We don't get any updates from them. Tracey hasn't been on here for ages. Frank never does.

Are we nearing elections again? Am sure we will get a flurry of posts from potential candidates again then...

Window dressing with foreign jaunt perks seems to have been the narrative this season...

I think what the support/fans anticipated from them and for whatever reason what we got are pretty much polar opposites.

I don't blame those that were elected particularly, they set out with the best intentions. Maybe the biggest clash of expectations was expecting those in the role to monitor all social media without [secretariat] help. That would cost money so was never going to happen.

I think what the support/fans anticipated from them and for whatever reason what we got are pretty much polar opposites.

I don't blame those that were elected particularly, they set out with the best intentions. Maybe the biggest clash of expectations was expecting those in the role to monitor all social media without [secretariat] help. That would cost money so was never going to happen.

An online surgery once a month? Or some or attempt at engaging with the support online? Amit managed that reasonably well, from what I remember?

I said from the start, and I’ve seen nothing to change my mind - they are Board Reps to the fans and not fan Reps on the Board.

The promises of communications to the Bounce seem to have been forgotten about although I too have found Tracey to be helpful on a couple of occasions.

An online surgery once a month? Or some or attempt at engaging with the support online? Amit managed that reasonably well, from what I remember?

I don't think reasonably well is good enough to consider the role of fan rep a success. Even when Amit was in full flight the support was less than impressed and perhaps why Amit wasn't re-elected!

I'll hark back to the role of the SLO and suggest that had that been done differently, more in line with the guidance issued at the time, much of the heat and perceived failures would have been taken off the reps.

I don't think reasonably well is good enough to consider the role of fan rep a success. Even when Amit was in full flight the support was less than impressed and perhaps why Amit wasn't re-elected!

I'll hark back to the role of the SLO and suggest that had that been done differently, more in line with the guidance issued at the time, much of the heat and perceived failures would have been taken off the reps.

That's a bit of a leap. He engaged on here. The only one who has to any real extent. Not the same as saying any of the incumbents have been roaring successes. The trouble is we don't have any real means of gauging it.

Looks like a window dressing.

The copied message from Tracey on dotnet has her say she didn't raise the issue of Elgin prices with the board because she didn't attend the meeting. It is a concern she didn't get the other rep to do so.

One thing I do find interesting is that Hibs social media does seem very well in tune with whatever we moan about. As an example Neil praising Flo in today's video. Don't know if that's because the fans reps are passing on insight or because comms team are paying attention to forums but it's been noticeable for a while now. Even before Kenny Millar joined.

One thing I do find interesting is that Hibs social media does seem very well in tune with whatever we moan about. As an example Neil praising Flo in today's video. Don't know if that's because the fans reps are passing on insight or because comms team are paying attention to forums but it's been noticeable for a while now. Even before Kenny Millar joined.

I've mentioned here before that I know the club has read the forums since before Leeanns time.

They would have been mad not to!
Normal, non football club type companies, would kill/pay plenty for the type of feedback they can get through the forums for free!

did Tracey have a higher profile on social media prior to being elected?

Not sure but she, the other woman, Amit and a host of other candidates have bounced on to the site in the canvassing period, promised (naively or otherwise) to engage on here regularly...

Not sure but she, the other woman, Amit and a host of other candidates have bounced on to the site in the canvassing period, promised (naively or otherwise) to engage on here regularly...

I think the promises may have been made in good faith, but I suspect in hindsight delivery was going to be unrealistic.

something to think about when elections come round again.

I think the promises may have been made in good faith, but I suspect in hindsight delivery was going to be unrealistic.

something to think about when elections come round again.

Not sure there should be more elections, as Shrink says they've been Board's reps to the fans. IMO sometimes used as a buffer zone to divert some of the flak coming the Board's way! They also "went dark" for about a month following the whole Sevco "let's move on" saga, where it emerged they'd voted unanimously with the board in favour of moving on, something which didn't seem right to me.

Hugely so!

Never mind the fans reps is LD still at the club?

Last edited:
Is Kenny Millar the new communications person ?

Is Kenny Millar the new communications person ?
He is, yes.

Engagement needs to be consistent and availability needs to be displayed, listening skills too, If there’s another round of elections I might stand - as much as it’s a tough gig juggling priorities, there really can be more done in this role.

He is, yes.
Took over from his brother I understand from someone interviewed for the e job .

Took over from his brother I understand from someone interviewed for the e job .
The job - not the e job :)

Sure both brothers work at Hibs now

Sure both brothers work at Hibs now
They do. Colin still at the club.

No, different role I think.

Engagement needs to be consistent and availability needs to be displayed, listening skills too, If there’s another round of elections I might stand - as much as it’s a tough gig juggling priorities, there really can be more done in this role.

Think you've misunderstood what our Board does, and what it needs to be a part of it. Better forget it son.

Our Board, I have on good authority, are penny pinching dinosaurs who masquerade as Hibs fans and are only interested in wearing blazers and frustrating managers. Oh aye, and have no ambition at all.

Frankly, and I don't want to boast here, but I think I'm far better qualified than you.

I'm a 46R for the Blazer Rodders, if you're looking in.

Think you've misunderstood what our Board does, and what it needs to be a part of it. Better forget it son.

Our Board, I have on good authority, are penny pinching dinosaurs who masquerade as Hibs fans and are only interested in wearing blazers and frustrating managers. Oh aye, and have no ambition at all.

Frankly, and I don't want to boast here, but I think I'm far better qualified than you.

Regular ?????? Maybe 40 fuckin years ago

According to the splendid Hibernian History Handbook, on the 26th January of the 2014/15 season the two Non Executive Directors Frank Dougan and Amit Moudgil were elected. If I remember correctly at the 2017 election the process started in the previous November asking for nominations and nominees willing to stand to submit a 500 word statement by early January. As I think that it is a two year gig, things should have started moving by now I guess. I think also there is a maximum two terms protocol, perhaps why Frank will not be standing again. My memory is getting worse so not gospel.

BIG G

Think you’re spot on Big G.

Perhaps Frank is simply ‘winding down’ rather than no longer in place.

There was a meeting of SLO’s ( supporter liaison officers ) at Hampden yesterday which Hibs were represented at, who is our SLO?

Colin Millar I think.

Colin Millar I think.

I didn't know that, and I had it in my mind he was a marketing guy or somesuch too. However according to the club directory on the website SLO is his only job. It seems very odd that the SLO would have such non existent visibility with the support. Is that because the fans reps are the 'visible' link into the SLO? So basically it amounts to Tracey in an unpaid capacity, in her free time, being the only conduit between club and support?

I didn't know that, and I had it in my mind he was a marketing guy or somesuch too. However according to the club directory on the website SLO is his only job. It seems very odd that the SLO would have such non existent visibility with the support. Is that because the fans reps are the 'visible' link into the SLO? So basically it amounts to Tracey in an unpaid capacity, in her free time, being the only conduit between club and support?

Colin’s had a number of roles, so you’re not totally wrong.
He used to be Comms Manager, then did Comms and Marketing. I think his main role now is Ops Manager, which maybe encompasses the SLO job too.
Or maybe someone else does it and the website isn’t being kept up to date by………….. whoever does that.

Drop him a line and ask him!

I was interested in the SLO a few years ago and obviously did a fair bit of research on the role. It specifically excluded directors from being the SLO.

However it was clear from the outset that Hibs and the rest of Scottish football went down their own route. I think I'm right in saying that for one Euro trip our Chairman and CEO at the time was our SLO!

Having said that if part of the fans reps role was that of bit part SLO then their 'jollies' including those on our Euro jaunts could have fallen within that remit.

I agree with the middle part

I was interested in the SLO a few years ago and obviously did a fair bit of research on the role. It specifically excluded directors from being the SLO.

However it was clear from the outset that Hibs and the rest of Scottish football went down their own route. I think I'm right in saying that for one Euro trip our Chairman and CEO at the time was our SLO!

Having said that if part of the fans reps role was that of bit part SLO then their 'jollies' including those on our Euro jaunts could have fallen within that remit.

It was pretty obvious for some time you wanted to change your name to 'Jacket'.

This thread has been viewed 12808 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75