• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Are you happy?

Are you happy?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score
Most people have good and bad days, but would you say you're mostly content? Are you, broadly speaking, fairly happy?

Yes.
Since May 17th 2014, I've been happy. Mostly.

Most people have good and bad days, but would you say you're mostly content? Are you, broadly speaking, fairly happy?
I don't have any real reason to be so, but more days I am happy than not.

I put it down to being good at compartmentalising things.

I also have friends (and an ex) who suffer badly from various forms of depression and their sense of realism and therefore (probs well-founded) fear of how many things could go wrong is kinda the opposite of my "no problem's too big to run away from" groundless optimism.

I'm happy enough but a relationship wouldn't go amiss.

The shackles came off when I retired. The relief from the daily grunge, even though I thought I quite enjoyed my job, was really quite thrilling.

Retirement is the best job I've had!

I would now like to live forever, take the pension off these bastards forever, so no will to consider any last meels .

Funerals paid for though :lauff:

I’m spectacularly happy just now, I’m not sure why. Probably the adjustment to my thyroid drugs that’s made life quality a little bit better.

Being alcohol free has certainly put my mood on an even higher keel too.

I can still compartmentalize things - some things aren’t particularly great, but generally I’m pretty grateful for everything I’ve got because it’s not going to last forever.

Very , had a great few years and hopefully more things to enjoy in the near future . Losing weight and getting fitter has made me feel more alive than i have in years . Lets hope it continues

Stuck no.
Something niggling me I have mair to give and add value but naebody is tapping into it.

Was happy until last Sunday but hey ho I'm sure I'll hibeesbounce back.:grinning-smiley-045:

I voted yes, despite the fact I'm too fat, too skint and too keen on red wine for my liking.....

Yes.
Since May 17th 2014, I've been happy. Mostly.
Grand bairns?

I am happy but consider myself lucky. Friends and family suffer from depression or versions of it, I am lucky, I dinnae. Life can be a right *&*^ sometimes, but the good times are magical.

An opportune time to remind anyone that needs to talk or share a burden, there are plenty on here more than willing to listen.

I voted yes, despite the fact I'm too fat, too skint and too keen on red wine for my liking....

Am looking for a negative there mate. Cannae see one.

Ohh hing oan, skint, pisser.

Grand bairns?
Not quite ,Billy. They came a wee bit later.
More the fact I'm still here to enjoy them!

Nope. And I don’t think I’ve ever been happy. Happy brief moments but not a general feeling of happiness.

Not quite ,Billy. They came a wee bit later.
More the fact I'm still here to enjoy them!
Oh aye, I remember, we're all glad your still here too mate.:50:

People become unhappy when unrealistic expectations do not materialise.
I've got quite a simple uncomplicated life. Never been married, have lived on my own for many years, have a steady if fairly boring job.
I am however content with my life although there are a few things I wouldn't mind changing...however many of those things are outwith your control. I work out regularly and have looked after myself well, I am quite fit for my age and generally keep good health. Simple natural things in life are what I enjoy. I have relatives who have suffered from depression and it must be hell to deal with. So much admiration for people who battle back from that.

I’d say I was happy in terms of my family life and this is undoubtedly the most important thing to me. I love my family dearly and my kids make my world go round.

In my professional life I’m finding myself more frustrated about the things that stop me from doing my job well, but also about whether I want to be doing the same thing for much longer. So much so, I’ve given myself a two year window from Monday coming to work out what I want to do and take steps towards whatever that happens to be. I think this will be the key to being happy in the workplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My kids are happy and doing well, makes me happy. Exes causing heartache, fuck it, the kids are fine and that's all that matters. We bear the weight, that's what dads are for. A clear head and regular exercise are working wonders for me. They always have but now I've cleared the decks re 'additionals' and toxic relationships, I'm in a really good place to build from. Still can be up an doon like a hoors knickers but, that's pretty natural. I don't have days and days and weeks or shitness anymore.

Edit; so far...

Aye, pretty happy. Can't recall ever being really unhappy.
Fucked off, aye, on a regular basis. But even that's less common over the last 4 or 5 years. There's very little that can really challenge my basic feeling of happiness, as long as my kids are healthy, happy and polite I can probably deal with anything that comes my way.

Thanks for the interesting answers.

This thread has been viewed 1603 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75