Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com

HaarlemShuffler

Coffee Shop Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Halfway through the lovely radiotherapy accompanied by chemotherapy.

BOOM.

It's not actually bothering me, really. I'm extremely lucky in that regard. A few spots of my hair have said cheerio, but it's not like there was much of it to start with.
Do you already know how many sessions you get of each therapy or do the re-evaluate each time as they go along?

Good luck with both!

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
Do you already know how many sessions you get of each therapy or do the re-evaluate each time as they go along?
It's six weeks of radiotherapy (30 days, with weekends missing) which is also covered with chemotherapy, as the radiology should allow it to work at its best. It's then a four week break followed by six weeks of chemotherapy, a routine that is multiplied for the year. Month and a half of pills, month off. Sounds okay to me.

It will surprise nobody that knows me that I also intend to go with some other changes... Like food, essentially, and looking properly at the cannabis related cancer fighters.

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
How you getting on, Chris?
I'll be honest... Utter shit, bud.

The first three weeks of radiotherapy didn't really bother me, to be fair. Honestly, that was fine and led me to thinking I'd probably get through the six-weeks without too many snags.

Oops.

I got a weekend with emergency treatment due to stabbing pains in the swollen part of the brain, bad vomit incomes and some other physical problems that I won't go into toooooooo much detail on. Now, I'm just permanently tired, my stomach is consistently churning like fuck, I've lost a bit of weight and I've got some shakes and general muscular weakness. The amusing part is that this is largely expected when you're undergoing what I'm undergoing, and I've just got a feeling... The feeling that this is going to clear the tumour and I'm then presented a challenge to keep rid of it.

Maybe that's delusional, I'd get that. But the doctors here seem to have the same sort of hope and are expecting something similar at the wrap up of all this.

Glioblastoma's don't get everyone, and I'm not everyone. As things stand, I just need this last week to conclude and for me to get back to health after that.

Thanks for checking in, though. I really appreciate it. :)

aggie

Justified Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Dec 30, 2006
Montrose Terrace Massive

The first three weeks of radiotherapy didn't really bother me, to be fair. Honestly, that was fine and led me to thinking I'd probably get through the six-weeks without too many snags.

Oops.

I got a weekend with emergency treatment due to stabbing pains in the swollen part of the brain, bad vomit incomes and some other physical problems that I won't go into toooooooo much detail on. Now, I'm just permanently tired, my stomach is consistently churning like fuck, I've lost a bit of weight and I've got some shakes and general muscular weakness. The amusing part is that this is largely expected when you're undergoing what I'm undergoing, and I've just got a feeling... The feeling that this is going to clear the tumour and I'm then presented a challenge to keep rid of it.

Maybe that's delusional, I'd get that. But the doctors here seem to have the same sort of hope and are expecting something similar at the wrap up of all this.

Glioblastoma's don't get everyone, and I'm not everyone. As things stand, I just need this last week to conclude and for me to get back to health after that.

Nae bother bud, keep on trucking!

Merry-as-can-reasonably-be-expected Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GORDONSMITH7

**** The Hearts
Administrator
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Ladies Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jun 28, 2002
EH6
I am sure that you will beat this Chris. You are in the best of medical hands with support and best wishes from all.
BIG G

hibbybilly

radge grandad radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Dec 30, 2005
Gilmerting
Hopefully your at the worst of it Chris and its again, hopefully, better from now on mate. Hope the Hibs result on Sunday and the same again tonight will help yi.:victory:

Chris G Whyte

Radge Donator
Registered
Jan 16, 2008
The Netherlands
www.twitter.com
Nae bother bud, keep on trucking!

Merry-as-can-reasonably-be-expected Christmas
Hibs have stopped losing as I've felt worse, so they're doing what they can to make it easier, hoho. Ruthie's folks are here in Brunssum for the Yule period, so that's going to be really helpful in the key ways we're looking for. After that, back to Scotland for the 12th of January and it's "GET BETTER, ARSEHOLE" time.

I am sure that you will beat this Chris. You are in the best of medical hands with support and best wishes from all.
BIG G
Thanks, my man. I know you've a history of dealing with the ol' 'cancerous shite' so I appreciate the support. Ironically, I do think the Dutch approach is about as good as it gets but it's still a rough ride to January.

Almost there!

Hopefully your at the worst of it Chris and its again, hopefully, better from now on mate. Hope the Hibs result on Sunday and the same again tonight will help yi.:victory:
Technically, it shouldn't get worse than where I am. Let's hope that remains true. >.<

Smurf

Private Member
Registered
May 15, 2003
Suburbia
All rooting for you Chris. Shit times but it's obvious you're going to succeed in beating this. Your courage is amazing.

Administrator
Private Member
Player Sponsor
Gray Boot Sponsor
Jul 17, 2003
Muir of Houston
www.hibeesbounce.com

Oops.

Keep fighting the fight mate. Warmest wishes to you and your family over Christmas.

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Registered
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Jun 28, 2002
Stay strong and positive Chris , we here are all right behind you and your family . Any one of us is a post or a PM away
Apart from Forza, who is probably on some fancy holiday and out of Wi-fi range.

Bofahibee

Flag Owner
Private Member
Registered
Lewis Flag Donator
Gray Boot Sponsor
Nov 15, 2012
South
Thanks, bud.

I hope everyone had a top-tastic crimbo yesterday, and that Santa was good to you all. :)
The kids bought me a new Hibs scarf - they know where my heart is. Heres hoping you had a good one too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next Game : Hibs v Elgin (Scottish Cup)

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel