• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Why is he not sacked yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mod

Private Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else not surprised that Monty has not been sacked yet.Every time I expect it to happen we hear nothing from the club.As fans I think we desperately need to hear something positive as this season has been a disgrace.

I heard rumours of a big meeting today..it's probably bullshit but you never know. The current situation can't drag on that's for sure.

Is anyone else not surprised that Monty has not been sacked yet.Every time I expect it to happen we hear nothing from the club.As fans I think we desperately need to hear something positive as this season has been a disgrace.
I'm on record saying I thought he would still be here next season. Now I'm doubting that and think he'll be binned.
Seems to be a difference of opinion between board members. Is that right?

"We have also held detailed discussions with Nick Montgomery to understand what has gone wrong during the current campaign and mutually agreed that results this season have been disappointing. There’s an understanding that results need to improve."

I would, humbly, suggest that this has not happened.

We got 3 points at Perth:102:

One of the most uninspiring clueless managers we've had in recent years in my opinion. Tactically he is completely clueless. He picks the same players who simply aren't good enough and cost us games. Peddles the same repetitive nonsense after every game. Looks like he's a robot in his interviews aswell. I'm angry even thinking about him. Needs to go now the season is literally over anyway.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they wait until after the livi game.. give him more rope to hang himself with, it also then looks like we’ve been patient and given him a chance to address things, then part ways when we can’t beat livi? Who knows. Painful stuff but at least this seasons almost done. Next season can only be better… Shirley?

"We have also held detailed discussions with Nick Montgomery to understand what has gone wrong during the current campaign and mutually agreed that results this season have been disappointing. There’s an understanding that results need to improve."

Played 2 won 1 lost 1.

Played 2 won 1 lost 1.

Aye but i would expect improvement to mean no losses. I don't think anything less would have been acceptable.

The big hitters will have decided Monty's fate weeks ago.
Us plebs will be told as and when required.
As ever when guessing what a business will do, follow the money.

The big hitters will have decided Monty's fate weeks ago.
Us plebs will be told as and when required.
As ever when guessing what a business will do, follow the money.
After supporting hibs for 62 years, the ups and downs, managers being sacked, I’ve watched his demeanour in interviews and come to one conclusion, he won’t be here for pre-season.

After supporting hibs for 62 years, the ups and downs, managers being sacked, I’ve watched his demeanour in interviews and come to one conclusion, he won’t be here for pre-season.

I'm of the belief that he should be gone now and get someone else in before pre season begins in order to appraise the players currently at the club before making informed decisions on their future.

His interviews are sleep inducing, he should just tell it how it is especially as the players are burying him with the goals they are literally giving away.
Here is Monty in happier times with Norm MacDonald

Last edited:

I don't like his interviews, as I've perhaps unkindly said before, he sounds a bit thick.

However, I was at Dingwall when Manbun seemed to usher him across to the angry fans where he stood applauding almost as if he was in a trance. He had a particular dead eyed look about him which I could only describe as 'glaikit'.
Seemed a weird thing to do when the fans weren't best pleased, and Paul Hanlon appeared to be telling Manbun it wasn't a great idea.

I've pretty much lost confidence in Nick now, and it may be the players have too.

Mind you, they were a sorry bunch to watch. It's not ALL down to poor management.

We got 3 points at Perth:102:
We are bottom 6 because of this clown.

Here is his league record...
Played 31
Won 9
39 points from 93 available

Abysmal

I don't like his interviews, as I've perhaps unkindly said before, he sounds a bit thick.

However, I was at Dingwall when Manbun seemed to usher him across to the angry fans where he stood applauding almost as if he was in a trance. He had a particular dead eyed look about him which I could obly describe as 'glaikit'.
Seemed a weird thing to do when the fans weren't best pleased, and Paul Hanlon appeared to be telling Manbun it wasn't a great idea.

I've pretty much lost confidence in Nick now, and it may be the players have too.

Mind you, they were a sorry bunch to watch. It's not ALL down to poor management.
Yes, his interviews are terrible.

So are his feckin teams. Get him tae feck.

However, I was at Dingwall when Manbun seemed to usher him across to the angry fans where he stood applauding almost as if he was in a trance. He had a particular dead eyed look about him which I could only describe as 'glaikit'.

I agree. He's like a robot in every single interview. Emotionless. Has a completely empty look on his face as if he hasn't a clue of what's happening. Hard to see how he can inspire or motivate a dressing room when things aren't going great.

Said before a decision will have been made, and IMO will be announced at the end of the season when the review of all football operations will have concluded. I don't know what that decision will be. As I have also mentioned before, I really do think there are people high up at the club who are totally invested in Montgomery and see him as a long term project. McDermott will be hugely influential seeing as Montgomery was very much his man, then there is the BK group and the Gordons. I think the board and the owners will be very wary of firing yet another manager after only one season in charge. After the Livingston game I think all will become clearer.

RE Monty himself, as I have said I think in many ways he has been very unlucky. Not much has went his way this season. He has not had a transfer window either. I do think he could and should have been able to grind out better results in the early part of the season by setting the team up differently. He seems to me to be a decent guy who has total confidence in himself, but similar to other managers in recent years, he has struggled to meet the expectations of the fans. If he is still the Hibs manager next season I will totally back him. It's touch and go though whether he will still be Hibs manager

We are bottom 6 because of this clown.

Here is his league record...
Played 31
Won 9
39 points from 93 available

Abysmal
So we are.
So it is.
So it is.

Said before a decision will have been made, and IMO will be announced at the end of the season when the review of all football operations will have concluded. I don't know what that decision will be. As I have also mentioned before, I really do think there are people high up at the club who are totally invested in Montgomery and see him as a long term project. McDermott will be hugely influential seeing as Montgomery was very much his man, then there is the BK group and the Gordons. I think the board and the owners will be very wary of firing yet another manager after only one season in charge. After the Livingston game I think all will become clearer.

RE Monty himself, as I have said I think in many ways he has been very unlucky. Not much has went his way this season. He has not had a transfer window either. I do think he could and should have been able to grind out better results in the early part of the season by setting the team up differently. He seems to me to be a decent guy who has total confidence in himself, but similar to other managers in recent years, he has struggled to meet the expectations of the fans. If he is still the Hibs manager next season I will totally back him. It's touch and go though whether he will still be Hibs manager
I have to be honest and say me and my laddie have already renewed for next season.We both agree that we will ask for a refund if he is manager at start of next season.I hate feeling like this but watching this team makes me very frustrated and angry so we both are getting no enjoyment.I love Hibs but it is not good for your health watching this team.I blame a lot of the players also.

Aye but i would expect improvement to mean no losses. I don't think anything less would have been acceptable.

Said in one of these threads last week, finishing bottom 6 leaves Nick in an untenable position.

Win all 5 of the games and we'd have all the proof we'd need that we "should" have been top 6.

Fail to win all 5 and we're a bottom 6 club and that's not good enough period.

He needs sacked, such a wank thing wanting someone to lose their job, but I dont want to see us kick off next season under his direction.
Hopeless. So far out his depth it's not even funny.

I’m sorry GM but no. A good manager comes in and gets players playing regardless of their playing ability, situation whether permanent or loan. He’s been stubborn and tactics baffling. What I and many have witnessed this season is nothing short of a disgrace. I’ve renewed but as previously mentioned in this thread, I’ll ask for a refund aswell if he’s still with us next season.

Support Hibs? (our team) through thick and thin they say? They dinny play, give half arsed performances and dinny give a fuck when Hibees pay they’re hard earned dosh to go support them home and away. It’s really tough watching us at the minute. No wonder I and many are back in the boozer by half time.

Season ticket holder for 30 years and hibs first renewed for next season. I’m a hibs fan so won’t cancel but I won’t be using these memberships unless this boring fucker leaves asap

Each to their own but I think if you've bought a season ticket then ask for a refund cos the managers no been sacked, thats pretty shitty.

Shouldn't have bought one in the first place if there was provisos in place

Each to their own but I think if you've bought a season ticket then ask for a refund cos the managers no been sacked, thats pretty shitty.

Shouldn't have bought one in the first place if there was provisos in place
Na it’s no pretty shitty. What’s pretty shitty is paying for a product on show that you don’t like. I’m not just paying for what’s on the park, what I and many pay is for the social aspect. Pints/scran or a walk in the park it’s the social aspect that affects this.

I’ve got 5 out of the usual 6 jacked it (including me) not attending another Hibs game the remainder of this season. It tells a lot when my wee nephew has turned round and went Uncle Kev, I don’t enjoy this at the minute. Well neither do I pal.

Looking at the bigger picture that’s what I call fucking shitty and it shouldn’t be happening.

Next season? - Blind Loyalty.

Finishing in the bottom 6 was bad enough but losing any of the games would’ve been the final nail in the coffin. If he’d won 4/5 games then he might’ve been able to buy himself some time going into next season. However , the defeat at the weekend sealed his fate and he’ll be gone for next season. God help us if he loses on Sunday. An early goal for Aberdeen and it could get very toxic very quickly.

Will be my final game of a very poor season.

He'll get another window no danger the Gordons and Kensell will sack him just yet that would make them look incredibly foolish not that that would be hard right enough going by all of their appointments thus far. We can only hope that behind the scenes these black Knight chaps have more of a say than what's being suggested.

Season ticket holder for 30 years and hibs first renewed for next season. I’m a hibs fan so won’t cancel but I won’t be using these memberships unless this boring fucker leaves asap
Ive renewed my season ticket and my son in laws too. Also my Hibs first and grandsons Hibs minis.
But Im fucking scunnered too

I think we will see Ben leaving. Three years are up and he can work in England . Statement … wanting to go back to England for family reasons.

Not convinced Monty will get the boot … hopefully the murmurs are wrong . Can’t face watching his team next season

Ive renewed my season ticket and my son in laws too. Also my Hibs first and grandsons Hibs minis.
But Im fucking scunnered too

Me n'all and n'all.

Me n'all and n'all.
Last two seasons, as a season ticket holder long term, if I’ve made 20 games in total I’m lucky… renewed for next season 🕺

Last two seasons, as a season ticket holder long term, if I’ve made 20 games in total I’m lucky… renewed for next season 🕺

Aye but you were in Bali for about a year if that! ;)) I am heading in 5 weeks, dinnae forget your thoughts and advice!

I think the worse scenario, is not to sack him, then after a bad start , like Lee Johnson The Board sack him, so with the new season already begun, the choice of a new Head Coach is very restricted.
On a personal note, I do feel sorry, particularly as he has brought his family over, from Australia, but football is a results-business and finishing in the bottom 6 and the fact, that he was in charge for The League Cup semifinal v Aberdeen, where Hibs were playing against 10 men, but still managed to lose, all adds up to me, to say he hasn’t been good enough.
Finally, I would be surprised, if the new investors, would be prepared to give NM, for money to spend, but like a lot of things in Life, I could be wrong.

Aye but you were in Bali for about a year if that! ;)) I am heading in 5 weeks, dinnae forget your thoughts and advice!
Not at all mate, will get in touch in next couple of weeks for you 👍 ya lucky sod 🤣😎

Because Noddy won't pay the ransom?

He hasn't been sacked (or retained) yet as Hibs are a club devoid of leadership but overloaded with egos. 😢

Everyone will have an opinion but will undoubtedly be trying to protect their own wee empires and the "cast of thousands" that seemed to have been employed over the last few years to the detriment of the playing staff.

The two "laddies" huvnae a scooby about Scottish football and are just playing at "Football Manager" ably supported by a Chief Executive if and when he can be dragged out of Corporate. 😢

McDermott was meant to fill the gap but just employed his familiar mates from the old days and hasn't found anyone of any particular merit and it's hard to see who is running the football show when Hibs do splash big on a striker (Vente) but then employ a rookie manager who plays a system completly alien to this type of player.

Maybe ask the compromised "Fat Malky" and his executive and non executive board and Big Bad Bill and all his mates will soon be along to add in their tuppence worth and that adds umpteen bodies so far failing to make what is a Yes/No simple call.

Going into the summer transfer window and then next season with this rookie and sacking him after a few games is the biggest nightmare possible so the club needs leadership and needs to stop fannying about while everyone gets their ego massaged.

It makes you yearn for the days of dithery old Dougie Cromb who kept Miller in a job for 10 years or the other extreme of the "Dear Leader" taking nae prisoners. 😂

Last edited:
I'd be astonished if the Black Knights hadn't done a full review of the club as part of their due diligence before buying a stake in Hibs My cynical view of this club review is that it's a holding exercise to get ST holders to renew while the Gordons and their new partners weigh up the financial consequences of sacking a fourth manager in under three years or giving him more time and more money.

I think they measure success in financial results rather than football results so think it'll be economic factors that determine whether he stays or goes.

I'd imagine that there will be 3 questions over his head;

How has he performed in the role?

Looking at that can we move forward with the guy with confidence?

How does the supporters answer the above?

The club absolutely can't go into a new season with questions hanging over the manager like we did last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 10269 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75