• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

What Choons Yi Listening To?

Jack K

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Moaty, seeing as you like JD here's a bit of Django for you. The guys take it in turn to play solo's, left to right as you look at it.
Cat 2, in the middle, hits it oot the park.
Yon useless Sheerin laddie should have to give them half his money

Last edited:

ILHTD

Private Member
Reaction score
Music is amazing isn't it. Even if you have no musical ability whatsoever it can still move you to tears or provoke sheer anger 😡
I'm sitting in a coffee shop and have just suffered Bon Jovi "bed of roses" I had to use Shazam to tell me what was causing me so much pain. Awful, just awful. I'm much more relaxed these days about music I wouldn't have spent any time or emotions on years ago. Not sure if I'm happy or otherwise that I can still be driven to extreme feelings 🤷🏻‍♂️

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
It was very good.Must get one of their records.I know there's spotify and all that shit,but I like my records.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Currently listening to Me and My Girl.Robert Lyndsay is a decent chanter for an actor.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Had a spate of vinyl buying at the beginning of the week.Took a chance on a band called the Four Pennies; from the Bethany Shop in Duke St. Found out later they had a hit with 'Juliet'. Unfortunately they didn't progress much further because they failed to break in the USA. This is an EP released in '65 I think? Very jolly it is too.
Next; I bought 'Fire In a Wire' 12 inch by I-Roy from the Heart Foundation in Gt Junction St. Cost me 8 quid; which I thought was a bit steep for a Charity Shop, but the shop assistant didn't seem put out. Gone are the days when you could con two sweet old ladies into giving you it for 50p. Very good it is too. Had me pulling out my Euphonium and playing along to the Trombone part.
Next; I was in the save the poor people of Romania shop in Gorgie Road. I bought a blue vinyl 'l Can't Stand Losing You' for 2 quid. Don't need to explain what that one sounds like.

Jack K

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
This weeks stuff sent to me includes the Springsteen covers album which I thought I would hate but the truth is he made a good job of it including his version of the Northern Soul stomper Do I Love You (Indeed I Do). Don't know how Springsteen knew about such a rare Motown track.
Have also been sent a load of obscure Julian Cope and A Certain Ratio albums.
Currently spinning a wonderful Soul Jazz reissue label compilation entitled Disco Reggae Rockers that was sent to me last month.
This is the 1st track on it a reggae cover of a well kent Curtis Mayfield classic you all know. This version by Devon Russell

Last edited:

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

For anyone thinking of taking up the harmonica.

joethehibby

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Best version ever with a wee bit of “going home” at the end. Thanks to the toon thread for reminding me 👍

Jack K

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Released in '66 a year after the Marvelettes Motown original.
I prefer the speeded up mod cover by The Action

Last edited:

Jack K

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
I love this cover of the Betty O'Brien B side "She'll Be Gone" by local band Cow Cow Boogie.
It easily eclipses the original. Everything is right about it.
Play it loud!

Sadly they have changed singer since this was recorded in Harry's Bar.
This girl sounds the real deal

Last edited:

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Went to Bugsy Malone with my nephew, sister and mum.Very good it was too,apart from folk turning up late and people moving about in front of us including stewards.So right now So You Want to be a Boxer has earwormed into my head.

This thread has been viewed 226550 times.