• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

What Choons Yi Listening To?

mickeyjp

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Interestingly "Shot By Both Sides" and another of the best tracks from that 1st album (The Light Pours Out of Me") were co written by Pete Shelley from The Buzzcocks and off course Howard Devoto was in the Buzzcocks at the time of the Spiral Scratch E.P.
The light pours out of me has such a brilliant bass beat to it. Classic tune.

Peevemor

Lost in France Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
When I moved across to France I discovered all sorts of stuff that I'd never heard. One of my favourites are this lot - Louise Attaque - who have been on the go for almost 30 years. This is their first release in 6 years. They never let me down.

and the same again but live

Last edited:

Jack K

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Newly released 5cd Super Deluxe version of The Beatles - "Revolver"
Someone sent it to me today
I'm only really interested in the 2 discs of alternate takes and versions etc
Includes different takes and versions of"Paperback Writer" and "Rain" which were recorded at the same sessions but released separately.
Listening to them now.
Great stuff.

Last edited:

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Lst week I was in the Seafield area in the Sue Ryder shop and I spotted a Lescom Surround Sound System and so it was 50 quid which I didn't have, but I looked in my bank balance the next day and I had enough.So I bought it and with a bit of a struggle got it back on the bus to my flat.So because of time I had to just leave it.
But today I went back and set most of it up,I've looked up the Lescom AVR 90 and it turns out it was the predessesor of the company that makes the sound for the Land Rover,and there is one in the Modern Art section of the V&A.
Anyway I've set it up and got the radio and the first tune I heard was Staying Alive by the Bee Gees.I've now got to find some of these connector wires-you know the ones that have the white and red ends on them,and I need to find one that's got a yellow end.

Rocky

Private Member
Reaction score
Lst week I was in the Seafield area in the Sue Ryder shop and I spotted a Lescom Surround Sound System and so it was 50 quid which I didn't have, but I looked in my bank balance the next day and I had enough.So I bought it and with a bit of a struggle got it back on the bus to my flat.So because of time I had to just leave it.
But today I went back and set most of it up,I've looked up the Lescom AVR 90 and it turns out it was the predessesor of the company that makes the sound for the Land Rover,and there is one in the Modern Art section of the V&A.
Anyway I've set it up and got the radio and the first tune I heard was Staying Alive by the Bee Gees.I've now got to find some of these connector wires-you know the ones that have the white and red ends on them,and I need to find one that's got a yellow end.
RCA Phono leads I think is what you're after. I might have some knocking about.

ILHTD

Private Member
Reaction score

Love this, and for those who know, what kind of guitar is this and has it 7 or 8 strings? I was going cross eyed trying to count. Sublime sound though.

HaarlemShuffler

Coffeeshop Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

Love this, and for those who know, what kind of guitar is this and has it 7 or 8 strings? I was going cross eyed trying to count. Sublime sound though.
Looks like 3 single bass strings and 3 double treble strings 🤯 = 9 total.

Custom job for bottleneck player?

Peevemor

Lost in France Radge
Private Member
Reaction score

I think it's a 1960s Dan Electro "bellzouki", a cross between a 12 string guitar and a bouzouki.

EH17 Jimmy

Private Member
Reaction score

Well merricks have more than five fingers on each hand so maybe it's specially made for them.

Jack K

Legendary Radge
Reaction score
Yesterday I was sent new releases from:
Hugh Cornwall (4 stars from me, a good album from the ex Stranglers front man)
Luke Haines (ex Auteurs) and Peter Buck (ex REM) - still to listen to this 2 disc release
The Communards - "Red", 35th Anniversary 2 disc version (4 stars from me for disc 1 which is the original album and b sides from the time)

Currently listening to something out of my own collection:
Jerry Lee Lewis Live from the Star Club, Hamburg from 1964 - that rare thing a wonderful live album, not tidied up and not pissed about with.
The Nashville Teens do their very best to keep up with the main man who is ripping it up.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
I appear to be watching that ginger fuck Ed Sheerin on BBC2; basically because it's superior to 'I Can See Your Voice' or whatever that pish is on BBC1. Mr Sheerin is lucky someone invented the delay pedal otherwise he'd be very average indeed.

ILHTD

Private Member
Reaction score

Never heard of this lot until tonight when a mate put something on fb. What a voice!

Two Headed Boy

Private Member
Reaction score
I appear to be watching that ginger fuck Ed Sheerin on BBC2; basically because it's superior to 'I Can See Your Voice' or whatever that pish is on BBC1. Mr Sheerin is lucky someone invented the delay pedal otherwise he'd be very average indeed.
I had to leave a pub once because Galway Girl came on.

I'm amazed that fucking earache didn't take UK/Irish relations back 30 years.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Yet the youngsters lap him up.Don't get it myself,unless you go in for a ginger wig on a patato.

moathibby

Private Member
Reaction score
Once he went off Jools came on.There was a woman band called FLO whom I thought were good.

This thread has been viewed 226550 times.