• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

VAR.....again.

I’m not as certain as some that Hibs never complain. I heard in a previous instance that Hibs were extremely vociferous, but ‘through the correct channels’ as opposed to shouting the odds like Stig, who just looks a complete fanny doing so.
If we DO make a noise behind the scenes it clearly has little effect, but I don’t think public tantrums would make a blind bit of difference. The anti Hibs bias by journos and media muppets is clear to see, and the BBC eejits admitting that it was the (mainly Bigot Bros) pundits who chose the talking point to be shown on tv just nailed the point.
If Hibs made a point of public complaining Tom English would make a point of devoting a whole programme ridiculing it. And he would have a chorus of yes men backing him up.
The whole thing stinks, but the least guilty party in my opinion is Hibs.

Captain Caveman isn't talking to the SFA or SPFL when he greets to the media. He's talking to the gunt hordes and they lap it right up. Their wee persecution complex reduces the heat on him.

I think if we don’t already we should have someone watching the game to advise the manager and harass the officials over var decisions in real time.

The penalty at ibrox is the one that sticks with me - easy to be deflected after the event but not so easy to ignore if you’re asking the 4th official why a clear hand ball that we’ve seen isn’t being reviewed by the ref.
This is exactly what we should be doing. Have our own VAR type person to highlight when things like that clear and obvious handball are just being ignored at the time it has been ignored, Pointless really shouting about it later when a decision can't be changed..

I’ve watched a few FA cup ties today and some had no VAR. Wolves just scored and VAR , correctly, has chalked it off. A couple of goals in the games with no VAR widnae have counted if VAR was used. Shirley VAR should have been used in every game or not at all. Bit unfair I thought.

Another var horror today

Probably a fair shout for a push on steven Fletcher too

This is exactly what we should be doing. Have our own VAR type person to highlight when things like that clear and obvious handball are just being ignored at the time it has been ignored, Pointless really shouting about it later when a decision can't be changed..

Waving an iPad in the 4th officials face - I want to see that before the end of the seadon

Another var horror today

Probably a fair shout for a push on steven Fletcher too
I thought the one today we never got was bad aswell

I thought the one today we never got was bad aswell
Rocky was pointing out to the ref that he got a penalty against him for similar [worse decision actually than had the pen today been awarded]

Rocky was pointing out to the ref that he got a penalty against him for similar [worse decision actually than had the pen today been awarded]
Can't find a video of it but certainly didn't look like hands in a natural position

Can't find a video of it but certainly didn't look like hands in a natural position
If the ball bounces off another part of the body on to the hand/arm then it's not a penalty, which was the case for both claims today, their's and ours.

If the ball bounces off another part of the body on to the hand/arm then it's not a penalty, which was the case for both claims today, their's and ours.
But we had a penalty given against us, with VAR, when the same happened to Joe:

But we had a penalty given against us, with VAR, when the same happened to Joe
Correct.

But we had a penalty given against us, with VAR, when the same happened to Joe:
Aye but we’re no the The Hun.

Aye but we’re no the The Hun.
Thank Sauzee for that

Can anyone tell me if Hibs have benefited from one single contentious VAR decision since it was introduced here ?
I can't think of any.

Can anyone tell me if Hibs have benefited from one single contentious VAR decision since it was introduced here ?
I can't think of any.
The penalty against St Mirren at ER. The ball was battered against the guy's upper arm which was stuck to his side.

And again....at the pbs tonight.

And again....at the pbs tonight.
The thing is it's a judgement call and one set of supporters won't be happy no matter what is decided.
I think there has been an adjustment from the referees and VAR since the World Cup which has reduced the number of penalties given for handball in Scotland. Before the World Cup the referees and VAR in Scotland seemed to be giving penalties every time it hit someones hand or arm no matter the circumstances. For me the one tonight wasn't a penalty. Rowles was trying to withdraw his arm when it struck him and his touch didn't stop an opposition player getting a chance to score.

The thing is it's a judgement call and one set of supporters won't be happy no matter what is decided.
I think there has been an adjustment from the referees and VAR since the World Cup which has reduced the number of penalties given for handball in Scotland. Before the World Cup the referees and VAR in Scotland seemed to be giving penalties every time it hit someones hand or arm no matter the circumstances. For me the one tonight wasn't a penalty. Rowles was trying to withdraw his arm when it struck him and his touch didn't stop an opposition player getting a chance to score.

By your theory a player going away from goal is chopped down by the defending who was trying to get the ball so be no penalty because he was trying ??

You're making up your own rules there. His arm was sticking straight out from his side and increased his silhouette. Whether he was trying to withdraw it is irrelevant (in fact he moved his arm toward the ball).

It was a stonewall penalty and it definitely appears that some teams have been luckier than others in terms of VAR.

You're making up your own rules there. His arm was sticking straight out from his side and increased his silhouette. Whether he was trying to withdraw it is irrelevant (in fact he moved his arm toward the ball).

It was a stonewall penalty and it definitely appears that some teams have been luckier than others in terms of VAR.
Aye , hun teams

Yep.

Screenshot_20230114-100243_Twitter.jpg

The central problem is consistency.

Put that side by side with Rocky’s and I’m not seeing a clear snd consistent approach.

Probably need the rule and the guidelines.

I think we’ll be not be any the wiser though.

I’m still waiting to hear why Joe’s “ball deflected from foot to hand” was deemed a penalty when the rule IS quite clear.

Maybe I’ve missed the explanation.
Or the point.

I’m still waiting to hear why Joe’s “ball deflected from foot to hand” was deemed a penalty when the rule IS quite clear.

Or the point.
You’ll wait a long time Doc. They made a cvnt of it and dinnae need tae explain. They are just incompetent, both as refs and VAR decisions… against certain teams, mostly not Hun or Hun Light teams. Nick Walsh has the The Hun game tomorrow, Collum has the Dodgers today. Guaranteed some controversy.

Or the point.
Simple, they got it wrong

More contentious decisions in the Manchester Derby.
United equaliser.

More contentious decisions in the Manchester Derby.
United equaliser.

Quite a couple of minutes for onside/offside decisions. Don’t see the consistency at all.

Quite a couple of minutes for onside/offside decisions. Don’t see the consistency at all.
It's a mess.

It's a mess.

Did the goalkeeper have to set himself to prepare for a shot from rashford running through? Is rashford interfering with play? Rashford then doesn’t touch the ball so he’s not interfering with play?

Second goal he’s offside in the first passage but back inside 2 seconds later for the cross.

VAR should make this easier but it seems more complicated than ever?

I missed that being discussed or the admission that it was a clear error.
Got a link?

I missed that being discussed or the admission that it was a clear error.
Got a link?
As it occurred in a 4-0 game it disappeared without trace.

As it occurred in a 4-0 game it disappeared without trace.
I watched the highlights of the game where it was clearly NOT a penalty, but my recollection is that it didn’t even raise a monobrow from the fuckwitted presenters.
Could be wrong of course.

I prefer to call it cheating.

Soapies v Killie yesterday, surely this is a penalty.

Soapies v Killie yesterday, surely this is a penalty.

As long as we have the incompetent refs that we have in charge of VAR it’ll never get better. Totally not fit for purpose. That prick yesterday was a perfect example of how bad all our refs are.

Celtc in the final. Huns playing the sheep today. More ‘honest mistakes’ for an all weedgie final?

Celtc in the final. Huns playing the sheep today. More ‘honest mistakes’ for an all weedgie final?
Would not surprise me one but if Aberdeen beat them

I know it’s not Scotland but Fernandes goal yesterday for Man U was an absolute shocker too. How they can decide rashford wasn’t involved is mental

Rantic always have and always will get the majority of decisions , it'll never change

This thread has been viewed 11253 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back