• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

VAR.....again.

Rantic always have and always will get the majority of decisions , it'll never change
Pretty sure they are yet to concede a penalty this season

Pretty sure they are yet to concede a penalty this season
you can see why

Heard Tom English defend the VAR decision not to award St Midden a penalty against Doctor Mrs Budge’s boys.

‘Maybe previous decisions were unnecessarily harsh and this was the beginning of getting them right.’

Twat.

Will VAR even be in operation for the Gunts cup game next week? 🤔

Would not surprise me one bit if Aberdeen are allowed to beat them
Fixed that for you 👍

Will VAR even be in operation for the Gunts cup game next week? 🤔
Guessing so. Guess it will be same as down England, it’ll be used at all the grounds where it is already available

Embarrasing again. Var not working properly

Embarrasing again. Var not working properly
Utter shambles in this game. Not sure how they can mess up something that should be so simple.

Another one at Celtic Park, never a penalty

Utter joke. No way would Morton have been awarded that.

VAR shambles again.

VAR is a disgrace for Celtic ‘penalty’ against Morton. Ball deflected then hits Effe on the arm. All the moaning these creepy freaks has worked. I hate them

VAR is a disgrace for Celtic ‘penalty’ against Morton. Ball deflected then hits Effe on the arm. All the moaning these creepy freaks has worked. I hate them
They were right to moan at the time though.

Var is a complete clusterfuck zero consistency. Anything that takes minutes to look at just shouldn't be given

Ambrose is in a totally natural position when the ball comes off his team mates foot and onto his arm by his side, that gets given nowhere else, VAR doesn't work with crap officials who've never played the game

Obviously we all know the game in Scotland is totally bent but if an outside observer ever needed any evidence to be persuaded then this is it. Kevin Clancy is a coward. Celtic don’t need a gift at home in the cup against Morton, grow a set and make the right call ffs. Absolutely sick of this var shite

Celtic have had 2 absolute joke penalties given against them in the SPL plus 2 absolute stonewall ones they should have been given not awarded so it's a lazy and inaccurate arguement to say it's all just for Celtic/rangers benefit

Celtic have had 2 absolute joke penalties given against them in the SPL plus 2 absolute stonewall ones they should have been given not awarded so it's a lazy and inaccurate arguement to say it's all just for Celtic/rangers benefit
How else do you explain that decision? You are right about the lazy and inaccurate though😀

I watched Marseille v Rennes on the TV last night. The referee was Stephanie Frappart - the wifie who reffed a match at the world cup. She was outstanding.

Between her and the linos they got every decision, big & small, spot on. This included a couple of penalty claims and a few tight offside decisions - replays showed that they were right every time.

There was no VAR but there was no need. It was a world away from the standard of refereeing we watch every week.

How else do you explain that decision? You are right about the lazy and inaccurate though😀
Oh it's a joke decision I'm not arguing with that just like the Newell one v Livingston fuckin farce

Oh it's a joke decision I'm not arguing with that just like the Newell one v Livingston fuckin farce
Of course it’s a farce but Clancy goes to review it on the screen and still gives it. How do you explain it, is it not lazy just call it a farce and leave it at that?

Haven't seen it, but I thought it was agreed deflections don't count?
Or is it only deflections off yourself into your arm?

We need an end of season VAR review and explanation session.
Load up all these decisions for and against.
Get all the fannies who made the decisions to come, explain where and why these decisions were made.

Then get that sky sports ref boy to tell them each decision was wrong and why.

Dicks

Celtc given it because the ten minutes before Morton were on top.It's blatent cheating.What's Ambrose supposed to do with his arms?Get then amputated?

Went away to the toilet, Celtc 2-0 up.Come back look at the score it's 4-0.Turned over to Tom Kerridge.

Bowls now.Whoop de do!

A penalty award for handball in the penalty box is the worst rule in football.
Said it for many years.
Very few if any defenders deliberately handle the ball in the penalty area, so why be penalised for it ?
Scrap the rule FFS.

A penalty award for handball in the penalty box is the worst rule in football.
Said it for many years.
Very few if any defenders deliberately handle the ball in the penalty area, so why be penalised for it ?
Scrap the rule FFS.
I think the opposite now. Due to the licence refs have to interpret handball then any instance of handball should be a penalty. A total joke but this is what var and Scottish regs have done to the game.

I think the opposite now. Due to the licence refs have to interpret handball then any instance of handball should be a penalty. A total joke but this is what var and Scottish regs have done to the game.
And I'll go half way. It should be judged on intent.

The 2 guys in BBC team thought it was a disgrace (it was)

And I'll go half way. It should be judged on intent.
Which is to be interpreted by sfa refs? Nothing changes.

How that was a penalty is beyond me. We all knew VAR would benefit certain teams, so I shouldnt be surprised.

Which is to be interpreted by sfa refs? Nothing changes.
Of course but giving into their incompetence by handing everything over surely isn't the answer.

Of course but giving into their incompetence by handing everything over surely isn't the answer.
But it takes the decision away from the ref. Touches hand/arm = penalty. Ridiculous it’s got to this point but the refs can’t be trusted so I don’t see any other way to fix it.

How that was a penalty is beyond me. We all knew VAR would benefit certain teams, so I shouldnt be surprised.
I naively thought var would give the refs less room to manoeuvre with some of their scandalous decisions, I am a mug. The game is already massively stacked in the firms favour but now they are rubbing our nose in it. At some point people are going to just stop being mugs and give up. That’s how I’m starting to feel now.

The handball penalty rule needs to be rewritten.
VAR allows intent to be assessed.
It should only be a penalty if the handball is either deliberate or it stops a goalscoring chance.
Body mechanics as mentioned by Michael Stewart is another relevant factor.
Hearts were given a penalty against Aberdeen a few days ago after the ball came out of the sky from a corner and landed on the arm of Liam Scales who had jumped and had his arm up for balance. Those circumstances should not result in the award of a penalty. It's not why the law was originally created and is a poor modern day distortion.

I naively thought var would give the refs less room to manoeuvre with some of their scandalous decisions, I am a mug. The game is already massively stacked in the firms favour but now they are rubbing our nose in it. At some point people are going to just stop being mugs and give up. That’s how I’m starting to feel now.
I was the opposite, i knew exactly how it would pan out and im proven to be correct

I was the opposite, i knew exactly how it would pan out and im proven to be correct
Absolutely - was never in doubt.

Me anaw.

Haven't seen it, but I thought it was agreed deflections don't count?
Or is it only deflections off yourself into your arm?

We need an end of season VAR review and explanation session.
Load up all these decisions for and against.
Get all the fannies who made the decisions to come, explain where and why these decisions were made.

Then get that sky sports ref boy to tell them each decision was wrong and why.

Dicks

Seen a grab which suggests deflections from yourself or another player don’t count.

Do the refs really not know the rules?

How's it panned out then? Both sets of Huns getting everything and Celtic getting denied a couple of stonewallers and some ridiculous penalties being given against them?

Seen a grab which suggests deflections from yourself or another player don’t count.

Do the refs really not know the rules?

When it suits.
We've had ones rightly for and against over deflected hand balls this season already.
That's why I wasn't sure of the definition...

But yeah, they just make it up on a case by case basis
Useless

So what minute will shankand be awarded his penalty tomorrow, im going for 15th...

This thread has been viewed 11263 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50