• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

The Struggle To Get Players In

But it's obvious the Bounce now isn't a place to always be too honest with your feelings and fears for the club we all love. So I'll keep them to myself.

This website isn't the place it was, reasons behind that are for another time and place, but it's always been a place where folk challenge each other, in a more 'confrontational' style that wouldn't be allowed on other sites. All done in the correct way, with the end result being everyone wants nothing but the best for Hibs. It's just the way of getting there folk disagree on.
I'll quote you frequently because I know and like you, I'll pick you up on stuff I wouldn't with others, because I like to know why you think certain things I consider nonsense :-) keep it up, I like it.

I think Steve Clarke is a top coach.

And yet you recently said you'd not want him replacing Lennon, 'no charisma' I think was the term you used.

He was quoted when Stubbs got the job, would have been a good signing then i think...doubt we'll get him now, my guess would be Celtc this summer.

This website isn't the place it was, reasons behind that are for another time and place, but it's always been a place where folk challenge each other, in a more 'confrontational' style that wouldn't be allowed on other sites. All done in the correct way, with the end result being everyone wants nothing but the best for Hibs. It's just the way of getting there folk disagree on.
I'll quote you frequently because I know and like you, I'll pick you up on stuff I wouldn't with others, because I like to know why you think certain things I consider nonsense :-) keep it up, I like it.

And yet you recently said you'd not want him replacing Lennon, 'no charisma' I think was the term you used.

He was quoted when Stubbs got the job, would have been a good signing then i think...doubt we'll get him now, my guess would be Celtc this summer.

Can't remember saying that about Steve Clarke. I was gutted his appointment fell through when we appointed Colin Calderwood instead. If I did say that I was slavering pish and that's always a high probability....

If I did say that I was slavering pish and that's always a high probability....
God knows we've all done it, Smurfington! :giggle

What a load of pish you talk, buddy. The Glazers, via various methods of financial instrument, are actively mortgaging/rinsing that club - your comparison is fatuous rubbish. Furthermore, as the above states, Shrink’s opinion is based on reason. Yours is based on “LENNY IS A WINNER, IT MUST BE THE BOARD”. Lennon has fcuked this season, and I don’t see how anyone can reasonably deny that. And as I’ve said 10,000 times, if being a “winner” means blaming everyone but yourself when things go badly, well you can keep it. The board is not the reason we are in the bottom six and in total disarray on the football side of things; and in fact, if it was anyone but the sainted Lennon, you’d have been screaming at them to pull the trigger yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used the Glaziers as an example but I could easily have said Oysten at Blackpool or the board at West Brom. I was trying to think of a club where not all the fanbase think their board is as innocent as Shrink and you obviously do.
Lennon was also not incident for the team collapsing this season and some of his selections were questionable as was his constant berating of Flo in public. However what he did have was a burning desire to succeed and he refused to accept second best. This didn't sit well with a board who are happy just to drift along, avoid relegation and balance the books. The board was never going to tolerate a ranting raving Lenny demanding they show more ambition.
The way they got rid of him was a complete clusterfuck and made the club a laughing stock.

I used the Glaziers as an example but I could easily have said Oysten at Blackpool or the board at West Brom. I was trying to think of a club where not all the fanbase think their board is as innocent as Shrink and you obviously do.
Lennon was also not incident for the team collapsing this season and some of his selections were questionable as was his constant berating of Flo in public. However what he did have was a burning desire to succeed and he refused to accept second best. This didn't sit well with a board who are happy just to drift along, avoid relegation and balance the books. The board was never going to tolerate a ranting raving Lenny demanding they show more ambition.
The way they got rid of him was a complete clusterfuck and made the club a laughing stock.
So what exactly is the motive or the board if it isn’t asset stripping etc. I think they are very conservative and following the whole Mercer thing their main ambition is to stay solvent but building up the stadium and East Mains has been good and they’ve shown a bit of resolve avoiding sales to the Uglies.

So what exactly is the motive or the board if it isn’t asset stripping etc. I think they are very conservative and following the whole Mercer thing their main ambition is to stay solvent but building up the stadium and East Mains has been good and they’ve shown a bit of resolve avoiding sales to the Uglies.
Like I said they are happy to just drift along as long as they can balance the books. Becoming more successful than Hearts and constantly challenging for Europe I feel is secondary to them compared to a healthy balance sheet.

Reading between the lines, because that's all any of us can do with the restricted information, yer man 'Lenny' has done something to be in breach of employment regulations. The club seems to have taken action in line with their legal responsibilities pending an investigation. In the meantime, representatives from BOTH parties have concluded it was in EVERYONES interests to conclude the manager's employment at Hibs. Nobody in this dispute is flinging mud at each other and everybody moves on.
Except for you and all the other sack the boarders.
From what I can see the club have conducted themselves strictly by the book.
What is your problem with that?

Reading between the lines, because that's all any of us can do with the restricted information, yer man 'Lenny' has done something to be in breach of employment regulations. The club seems to have taken action in line with their legal responsibilities pending an investigation. In the meantime, representatives from BOTH parties have concluded it was in EVERYONES interests to conclude the manager's employment at Hibs. Nobody in this dispute is flinging mud at each other and everybody moves on.
Except for you and all the other sack the boarders.
From what I can see the club have conducted themselves strictly by the book.
What is your problem with that?
The club captain came out and said that Lennon and Parker did nothing out the ordinary last Friday and he was shocked when he got home, turned on the telly and found out he had been suspended. I think that Lenny has taken umbrage at getting a talking to by Dempster who misread what she overheard at the meeting he was having with the players. He has called her something he shouldn't have and she has suspended him off her own back. The fact that the transfer window only had a few days left and she was effectively leaving the club without a manager was irrelevant to her...All conjecture of course and i doubt the truth will ever come out so you just have to make a decision on how you feel with the limited info that we have.

The club captain came out and said that Lennon and Parker did nothing out the ordinary last Friday and he was shocked when he got home, turned on the telly and found out he had been suspended. I think that Lenny has taken umbrage at getting a talking to by Dempster who misread what she overheard at the meeting he was having with the players. He has called her something he shouldn't have and she has suspended him off her own back. The fact that the transfer window only had a few days left and she was effectively leaving the club without a manager was irrelevant to her...All conjecture of course and i doubt the truth will ever come out so you just have to make a decision on how you feel with the limited info that we have.
Well, my take on it is Flo made an official complaint about bullying in the workplace and, given what's been happening for the last few months, he may have had a case.
If LD was witness to 'Lenny' kicking off at Flo in a manner that is deemed unacceptable in these modern times then, if I'm right about a bullying complaint, she rightly suspended him pending an investigation by the club's HR who apparently is an employment lawyer.
To my mind this is a more plausible theory than the board not backing 'Lenny' as it would explain a suspension rather than a straight up sacking due to abysmal performances.

This thread has been viewed 8653 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75