• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Sunshine on Leith - why is it not always played when the players come out onto the pitch?

Boo

Well-Known Radge
Reaction score
does anyone know it if there is a good reason or is it simply the DJ chooses whatever he wishes?

does anyone know it if there is a good reason or is it simply the DJ chooses whatever he wishes?
Good Q but more of a celebration tune at the end of games.

It's a conscious decision by the club to save it for big occasions, after a win, so as to keep the impact.

It's fairly low tempo for the start of a game.

Joyful Kilmarnock Blues would be better

It's a conscious decision by the club to save it for big occasions, after a win, so as to keep the impact.
ok thanks I just be great way to getthe whole ground in the mood for singing from the off - i went last Sat v celtic and the hibs singing was pretty poor ( excluding the singing section in the famous 5 stand which by the way I they were situated bang central in the east stand it may prove infectious rather stuck away up in gods country)

ok thanks I just be great way to getthe whole ground in the mood for singing from the off - i went last Sat v celtic and the hibs singing was pretty poor ( excluding the singing section in the famous 5 stand which by the way I they were situated bang central in the east stand it may prove infectious rather stuck away up in gods country)
It's acoustics in the stadium. Can hardly hear the singing section where we are - less than 50 m (as the crow flies) away. Sure the East doesn't hear it either. Always out of synch or just singing different things.

It's acoustics in the stadium. Can hardly hear the singing section where we are - less than 50 m (as the crow flies) away. Sure the East doesn't hear it either. Always out of synch or just singing different things.
exactly why situate the singing section bang centre in the east stand - its not difficult andmore folk join in

exactly why situate the singing section bang centre in the east stand - its not difficult andmore folk join in
Fairly sure those with long standing season tickets don't fancy moving to accommodate that idea.

Fairly sure those with long standing season tickets don't fancy moving to accommodate that idea.
a bit of planning it can be done they done the same at real madrid and actually moved them ( grada blancs ) behind one goal and it works - why they up in top right of stand is mad

SOL saved for aftermath of big wins at Hampden and derby wins IMO....has to be. I'm not a big one for singing at games or fit'ba songs in general to be honest, but I do agree we could do with an uplifting Hibs tune at the start of games just as the team are running out. Said for years as there is a dearth of good Hibs songs we should ask the Proclaimers to re-record a modified GGTTH or better still write a few more new Hibs songs. Even emailed Leeann to suggest it a few years ago, nae reply as yet.

Sunshine will only be played in an ironic way tonight.

Should rock out to 500 miles. Much more upbeat and a quality tune.

Always had a preference for Teenage Kicks as a run out song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like old style Glory Glory.

They can get fucked if they think they are taking my seat. Should be in the FF lower tier all standing.

Great song for the big emotional wins, but dreadful for ramping up atmosphere.
Also, the PA system around the stadium is very poor. Hibs Announcer sounds like Charlie Brown's Teacher most times I get along to games.

They can get fucked if they think they are taking my seat. Should be in the FF lower tier all standing.
I almost agree but I heard somewhere that the club doesn't want the singing section in the Famous Five Lower right behind the goals because of the possibility of what happened at the New Rangers game. There is the perception that there is a wee rowdy element in the Singing Section and placing them there would be tempting fate. My preference would be to have them up the back in the centre of the East Stand with a standing area. Good enough for one of the gruesome twosome; good enough for us. It would certainly allow the efforts of the singing section to be heard more clearly throughout the stadium.
NIMBYism on my part? Perhaps, because as much as I like the effort the guys (and guyesses, as evidenced at St Johnstone recently) put in, when we're at away games and we're right next to the singing section, it fairly plays havoc wi' my auld ears, I can tell ye. Our seats are right up against the wall at the opposite end of the Famous Five Upper and so there is no aural harm done but I just feel they are in the wrong area to have maximum effect in the ground.

I agree. Our stadium structure isn't really built for atmosphere but I would like to think the east would be better in homage to the old cowshed. Would be great if we had two tiers in the East like

Funny how this thread morphed into a different one.
I love SOL, but it is slow and should be kept for big games/cup wins. But even at end of game I feel it takes a lot out of the atmosphere, like when we won a recent derby, the place went quite quiet for a while, as the song is a slow burner. The opposition fans were out the ground before it really got going. I prefer upbeat tunes at start of game and directly after a big win..then SOL a little later..such as after trophies presented :licks:

As to singing section, well there has been enough said about why it moved from rear of East to front of East, where it def did not work. I would love a return to East but while it is in FF, that's where I will be because I love all the singing at games, despite my age. One way for it to work better is for more people who want to sing to relocate to the section and help increase the volume/atmosphere...and for those who come into the SS but don't sing, to relocate somewhere else

Why don't we just sample them?We could tape them when they are at their best and just play it over the sound system when the atmosphere's shite.Because lets face it their balls I'll be dropping anytime soon and their voices I'll be all over the place.So we will be giving the wee lambs a bit of a rest.

Why don't we just sample them?We could tape them when they are at their best and just play it over the sound system when the atmosphere's shite.Because lets face it their balls I'll be dropping anytime soon and their voices I'll be all over the place.So we will be giving the wee lambs a bit of a rest.
If it were over our shite sound system (sic), it would be silence of the lambs!
BIG G

Hibs heroes rerecorded by a young leither rock group - bingo

This thread has been viewed 3100 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back