• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Full Time: St Mirren 1 v 2 Hibernian

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
After Saturday, its great to have another game come round so quickly. Jack is back at Paisley, with his Hibs team, will be interresting to see what kind of reaction he gets there, he was popular but I am not sure how they felt about him scooting off to the Mackems?

From a Hibernian persepctive, well, I cannae wait, even my son is making the treck down from Uni in Dundee for the game. As I said on Saturday, you do get the feeling the Hibees are back and with that the Hibs fans also come back, in numbers? Driving through west midweek is always a bind though, heavy traffic, roadworks on the M8 at Whitburn and rain predicted will add to the fun but I do think a decent support will head through.

Interesting few weeks, with three home games at 3pm on Saturdays interspersed with midweek away games in Paisley and then Dingwall. It would be good to get a few points on the board befoe the tough games at Celtc away, the Huns at ER and a trip to Puddle Drinkers on Boxing day.

Team wise, well unless Ross seen something he would like to tweak during Saturdays game, I expect the same starting eleven for the third week in a row, something I don't could be said of his predecessor?

So its....

Maxwell, who wont lose his place I dont think?

Naismith, ex of St Mirren who has been getting better every game.

Porto who is simply developing into an excellent if slightly niaive centre half, he is a player though.

Paul Hanlon, who again looked easily beatable a few times saturday?

Lewis, well what do you say about Lewis?

Melker Hallberg, who was excellent Saturday, will an almost perfect passing percentage and calm when some around him are panicking.

Vicky Slivka, who for me is a good player, especially going forward, but is too soft and seems to lose concentration?

Joe Newell, who is slowly growing on me. I am not sure he has 90 minutes in him but we have an able replacement in Horgan.

Scottie, who's passing is wonderful, shooting is crisp and turns on a sixpence. Another who doesn't have 90 minutes in him every week, but we have Stevie Mallan to fill that void when needed. To think Heckingbottom used to struggle to accomodate Scott in our team too.

Flo Kamberi is like a new signing, he is flying with freedom to roam and a partner to link up with. I have loved the laddie from the get go, great to see him doing so well now.

Chris Doidge is getting there, scoring goals and plenty knock downs/ on's. Having watched the highlights of Saturday's game I am still no where near convinced his a proper penalty box striker, his "goal" v Celtc, his first at St Johnstone and now his "goal" v Motherwell suggests he still lacks confidence in front of goal, especially when given easy chances?

I expect a big Hibernian support to turn up, see you all behind the goals!

Ross Jack's Green & White Army!

Hibernian Forever!

Interesting test - I think St Mirren have conceded very few goals at home this season which probably tells you how they set up.

Has a cash gate been announced?

I think Slivka may be only one suspect of change just with the amount of games he's had and just back from injury.

M8 roadworks are finished, a week early.

Has a cash gate been announced?

Aye

M8 roadworks are finished, a week early.

Hooray!

I cannae see that on the fishy site, its a wee ticket window at Paisley isnt it?

Hooray!

I cannae see that on the fishy site, its a wee ticket window at Paisley isnt it?

Sure I saw it confirmed somewhere, usually a wee window at Paisley aye

I'll be there

Maself

As usual

Going through with my brother in law who is a Paisley boy we always look forward to this fixture it's like our own East West derby if that makes sense.
Love games under the floodlights the rain just adds to the atmosphere.

Tricky game. St Mirren have only lost once at home this season...1-0 to the huns, and they were unlucky in that game.
I think he may tweak things around a bit with such a heavy schedule of games in the next couple of weeks.
This is the sort of game we really have to be winning, however I have a feeling it will be a draw.
2-2.

Last edited:
Think Hibs will win 3 or 4-1, be happier when the the team keeps clean sheets. I expect a tweak or two.

2-1 Hibs, Newell double :lookaround:

I don’t think there will be any changes, winning team who seem comfortable in the shape and none of them are carrying any knocks. I expect to again see effective use of the bench, with the three who came on Saturday again most likely to be involved later in the match.

I've decided to go.Expect posts about being lost in obscure parts of Paisley.No doubt I'll be told there is a 'pattern' to my behavior.(Might as well get the crap jokes in first).

Got to remain with the same team.

My guess is a draw. Reason being we need to score at least two to win due to Maxwell not knowing what a clean sheet is, and st Mirren being quite grippy in the defending at home game.
Can't see there being any changes , unless injuries , but amazingly when a team starts winning the niggling injuries tend to disappear. Strange that!!

Hats off to all who are going, unfortunately time and finances dictate to me that I will watch it on the radio.
Safe journey and happy bouncing :041:

Although I've been watching fitba for about 50 odd years.I still don't know anything about formations and tactics.All I know is we played better in the last two games than we saw before Hecky came.So keep it the same.I know enough to say play two up front,and I think we'll win.I'm going for 2-1 to us.

I've decided to go.Expect posts about being lost in obscure parts of Paisley.No doubt I'll be told there is a 'pattern' to my behavior.(Might as well get the crap jokes in first).
Take a sleeping bag, a flask and a change of clothes.
Top tip. It's no called Love street anymore. ?

My guess is a draw. Reason being we need to score at least two to win due to Maxwell not knowing what a clean sheet is, and st Mirren being quite grippy in the defending at home game.
Can't see there being any changes , unless injuries , but amazingly when a team starts winning the niggling injuries tend to disappear. Strange that!!

Hats off to all who are going, unfortunately time and finances dictate to me that I will watch it on the radio.
Safe journey and happy bouncing :041:
I like that you will be watching on the radio, I will be listening on the text updates.

How'd I get there, I don't know.How'd I get here I don't care, all I know is Moaty is on his way.He's on his waaaaaY....

They'll be singing your song, Moaty.

Although I've been watching fitba for about 50 odd years.I still don't know anything about formations and tactics.All I know is we played better in the last two games than we saw before Hecky came.So keep it the same.I know enough to say play two up front,and I think we'll win.I'm going for 2-1 to us.
How'd I get there, I don't know.How'd I get here I don't care, all I know is Moaty is on his way.He's on his waaaaaY.....
Yeah but on his way where.

They'll be singing your song, Moaty.
Pity he'll be at McDermid park looking for the saint's game and won't hear it.

After Saturday, its great to have another game come round so quickly. Jack is back at Paisley, with his Hibs team, will be interresting to see what kind of reaction he gets there, he was popular but I am not sure how they felt about him scooting off to the Mackems?

From a Hibernian persepctive, well, I cannae wait, even my son is making the treck down from Uni in Dundee for the game. As I said on Saturday, you do get the feeling the Hibees are back and with that the Hibs fans also come back, in numbers? Driving through west midweek is always a bind though, heavy traffic, roadworks on the M8 at Whitburn and rain predicted will add to the fun but I do think a decent support will head through.

Interesting few weeks, with three home games at 3pm on Saturdays interspersed with midweek away games in Paisley and then Dingwall. It would be good to get a few points on the board befoe the tough games at Celtc away, the Huns at ER and a trip to Puddle Drinkers on Boxing day.

Team wise, well unless Ross seen something he would like to tweak during Saturdays game, I expect the same starting eleven for the third week in a row, something I don't could be said of his predecessor?

So its....

Porto who is simply developing into an excellent if slightly niaive centre half, he is a player though.

Melker Hallberg, who was excellent Saturday, will an almost perfect passing percentage and calm when some around him are panicking.

Vicky Slivka, who for me is a good player, especially going forward, but is too soft and seems to lose concentration?

Joe Newell, who is slowly growing on me. I am not sure he has 90 minutes in him but we have an able replacement in Horgan.

Scottie, who's passing is wonderful, shooting is crisp and turns on a sixpence. Another who doesn't have 90 minutes in him every week, but we have Stevie Mallan to fill that void when needed. To think Heckingbottom used to struggle to accomodate Scott in our team too.

Flo Kamberi is like a new signing, he is flying with freedom to roam and a partner to link up with. I have loved the laddie from the get go, great to see him doing so well now.

Chris Doidge is getting there, scoring goals and plenty knock downs/ on's. Having watched the highlights of Saturday's game I am still no where near convinced his a proper penalty box striker, his "goal" v Celtc, his first at St Johnstone and now his "goal" v Motherwell suggests he still lacks confidence in front of goal, especially when given easy chances?

Hibernian Forever!
3-1 to the Hibs

3-1 to the Hibs

So its....

Hibernian Forever!

Yup. I'd go with almost all of that.

I'm still not totally sure about Maxwell, but he wasn't to blame for the goal on Saturday and I think everyone needs to be given the chance to get over the 'Hecky' hangover. And big Bogdan won't be match-fit yet. Which maybe will help to concentrate Maxwell's mind - a wee bit competition doesn't do any harm.

Paul Hanlon looked uncertain at times, but I only saw the highlights, so I won't judge. And again, we know he can play, and Darren's not back fit yet. Someone suggested that when Darren IS fit, we play paul in front of the centre-backs as the holding midfielder, with Hallberg moving forward and Joe newell dropping out, but that would be a bit unfair on Joe.

Those are my only thoughts on changes; the rest of the team seem to have played well and with real determination last two games. There's a busy period coming up and that may mean some folks get rested.

Just can't wait for this one.Will be listening in on the radio.Hat off to those fans making the trip, although there is something nice about sitting in the house listening to a mid/ middish week match on a winter's night, on the radio ...Mon the Hibs!

Barring injuries then you would fully expect this to be the exact same team again as St Mirren aren't the sort of team you need to change your tactics or personal against. Confidence is everything in football and Flo and Doidge should have this in abundance ably supported by a better balance and structure in midfield.

Defensively Naismith blows hot and cold but should be 'safe' v a bottom 6 side, Porto is looking more mature with every game and while the joins are there with Hanlon and Stevenson there seems to have been a tactical decision made to tell Stevenson not to cross his own half way line unless as a last resort. Its working well as his solid defending was always his forte and we have enough in midfield to accommodate the switch.

Shame that Rocky is sitting on a bumper pay off or his ex club get some sort of cut after so many games as he is just a better keeper than Maxwell who hasn't done a lot wrong to be fair but neither does he give you the match winning save or the inspirational on field leadership that an on form and motivated Rocky brings.

Maybe there is another reason but I remember John O'Neil being dropped when he reached appearance money of £2,000 a pop back in the silly old days.

Once Jack Ross gets the pre match handshakes and some bum chuming out of the way and the dour battle of the first hour is over then its Hibs to run out winners thanks to our potent attacking threat.

Last edited:
Picked my tickets up earlier, looking forward to this. Picking up my laddie from Glasgow airport, plane lands at 7:15 (hopefully no delays) so mad rush to get round to the ground for KO or just after.
Cant see any changes to team, stick with the whats working, try and get the points and worry about resting players later.
Hibs to win by 2
GGTTH

Looking forward to it tonight having missed the Well game with a jaunt to the Hebrides, two forwards on fire and feel good factor creeping back, armed with carer, leg bag and pampers bring it on. Winnings a habit. GGTTH.

Not on Hibs TV. Going to avoid the score and hopefully watch the full match replay later.

Not on Hibs TV. Going to avoid the score and hopefully watch the full match replay later.
3-1 to the Hibs

Contemplating about going through listening to the radio doesn't appeal to me.

Is there not any streams for the game?

Kamberi a doubt? Ankle injury apparently.

FB_IMG_1574794315597.jpg

No changes to the starting 11 or bench, good stuff. Mon the hibees

This ?

0-3 to the Hibees - £20 @25/1.
Fuck the Hearts

BIG G

Saint Murn TV not allowed to show it because UEFA says so, fuckin wanks

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 12016 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75