Saturday Night At The Movies

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
I took the little un to see Jurassic World: Dominion the other day. She loved it but I'm still of the opinion there is only one decent Jurassic Park film. It's about an hour too long and has almost no plot to speak of.

On that note, why are so many blockbusters just now 2hrs 45mins? You think they'd make more money on them if they could show more screenings a day? Films about Dinosaurs and Transformers don't need to be as long as Apocalypse Now surely?
I'd never seen a Star Wars film. My grandson wanted to watch the latest one so I sat with him. It felt like it was on for three days.

Even he was asking when it was going to end.

Two Headed Boy

Private Member
Reaction score
I'd never seen a Star Wars film. My grandson wanted to watch the latest one so I sat with him. It felt like it was on for three days.

Even he was asking when it was going to end.
It does make for some really dragged out boring movies. The dinosaurs got her through Jurassic World but she's got fed up with a fair few Marvel movies at the flicks.

She is really getting into her movies just now and she was bugging me to watch Jaws. I was a bit concerned she'd find it boring because you don't see the shark much until the end etc... Totally unfounded - she loved it. A story that makes sense and characters you care about are pretty timeless it seems.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Aye Bairns can surprise. When my lassie was 14 she wanted to watch The Exorcist.

Me and her ma were throwing out dire warnings.

She laughed all the way through it.

She's in her 30's now and listens to Slipknot quite a lot.

Hibee Kev

Private Member
Reaction score
It does make for some really dragged out boring movies. The dinosaurs got her through Jurassic World but she's got fed up with a fair few Marvel movies at the flicks.

She is really getting into her movies just now and she was bugging me to watch Jaws. I was a bit concerned she'd find it boring because you don't see the shark much until the end etc... Totally unfounded - she loved it. A story that makes sense and characters you care about are pretty timeless it seems.
My daughter loves Jaws, her granny was mortified I'd allowed her to watch it though!

She's begging me to let her watch more scary stuff but it's proving difficult to find anything suitable, she knows about Chucky and Pennywise etc but no danger she's getting to watch Child's Play or the It films. Thought i'd be safe letting her watch The Lost Boys but there was a shagging scene I had to fast forward through... đŸ˜‚

Admin
Private Member
Reaction score
Everything, Everywhere, all at once. I watched that last night, laddie and wife enjoyed it, i though it was fuckin rotten.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
If yous liked the Italian Crime films and TV series then you should give this a go ...

Romanzo Criminale

barney

Atlanta Hibs Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
I watched ‘the man from Toronto’ last night
Fuck me
Brutal

WeeCountyHFC

New radge
Reaction score
Elvis, felt far too long but then many parts felt rushed. Enjoyable movie with superb lead...

greencol

Skivin cooncil Radge
Private Member
Reaction score
Watched Motherless Brooklyn last night. It didnt get stunning reviews, but I found it interesting and different.
Stars Ed Norton as a PI with Tourette's trying to unravel corruption and murder.

dsc67

New radge
Reaction score
Watched Motherless Brooklyn last night. It didnt get stunning reviews, but I found it interesting and different.
Stars Ed Norton as a PI with Tourette's trying to unravel corruption and murder.
I watched it a while back , really enjoyed it . Must've been a tough role to play

Hibee Kev

Private Member
Reaction score
Watched a real turkey the other day "The Desperate Hour" starring Naomi Watts - avoid at all costs!

HenryLB

Donator
Private Member
Reaction score

I took my boy to Avengers End Game or whatever it’s called and I reckon with the trailers, the mini Stan Lee documentary, the credit sequences (x2), the special effects explainer, the taster for Spider-Man 2, and the fact the film itself was about 180 minutes, we were in the cinema for about four and a half hours. Exhausting.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Day off for me today. Just been reading it's 50 years ago this month that Deliverance was released.

So that will be on't telly at some point today.

EH17 Jimmy

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Any yous watched the film Chained before?

Very dark.

Want to get rid of the ads?
Click Here

This thread has been viewed 18125 times.

Support the Site!

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75