• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Radgie gadgie beer

jimtom

Just A Radge
Reaction score
Apparently brewed in North Shields by the Mordue brewery.Available in Asda but have never seen it.Always thought radgness and gadgies were unique to Leith.However they say it's Geordie for "Mad Man".I know it's used amongst the irish travelling people.
Had actually put tinker/Irish people but deleted it as I wasn't sure if tinker is classed as racist or derogatory by the Scottish Government.

Last edited:
You’re right to be nervous Jim. You too Tom.
All this political correctness can be hard to live with. Bloody politicians tinkering with our la

Radge is now a common word all over Britain because of a shite TV show called 'Geordie Shore'. Don't watch it as its only about pricks and slags getting drunk, shagging, pissin themselves and sharing STD's.

I must ask though, did you not go beyond the perimeters of Leith as a young buck? First eggy and now radge and gadge. And you thought they were Leith hings? Radge is fae the gypsies. It was common all over the North East of England and the South tae East Central Scotland. Now its nationwide.

Radge is now a common word all over Britain because of a shite TV show called 'Geordie Shore'. Don't watch it as its only about pricks and slags getting drunk, shagging, pissin themselves and sharing STD's.

I must ask though, did you not go beyond the perimeters of Leith as a young buck? First eggy and now radge and gadge. And you thought they were Leith hings? Radge is fae the gypsies. It was common all over the North East of England and the South tae East Central Scotland. Now its nationwide.
They never spoke it in Kenya when I was there.Though Kenyans had an annoying word tor hello.Jambo.Dont watch that reality/soap shite and apart from Leith had no radgness contacts or moved in they circles since 1974.

Last edited:
I think it only right for the politically correct,the unbiased and fair minded people amongst us to mention the Barry gadgies.Maybe Edinburgh's finest
brewers could come up with a Barry gadgies lager.

Gadgie is a traveller term for non-traveller man I'm pretty sure. Think it's specific to travellers in Scotland and NE England, rather than being a term used by Irish travellers in general.

Barrie is also a word from traveller extraction,when I first heard it at school I thought it was after Barry John who used to be rather good at the egg chasing, but no.

This thread has been viewed 1116 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£28.75