Radgie gadgie beer (1 Viewer)

jimtom

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Apparently brewed in North Shields by the Mordue brewery.Available in Asda but have never seen it.Always thought radgness and gadgies were unique to Leith.However they say it's Geordie for "Mad Man".I know it's used amongst the irish travelling people.
Had actually put tinker/Irish people but deleted it as I wasn't sure if tinker is classed as racist or derogatory by the Scottish Government.

Last edited:

Sir Shrink

Quite a bit past it radge
Flag Owner
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Lewis Flag Donator
Monthly Radge
Reaction score
You’re right to be nervous Jim. You too Tom.
All this political correctness can be hard to live with. Bloody politicians tinkering with our la

beefy

Easy Now Radge
Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Player Sponsor
Ladies Player Sponsor
Reaction score
Radge is now a common word all over Britain because of a shite TV show called 'Geordie Shore'. Don't watch it as its only about pricks and slags getting drunk, shagging, pissin themselves and sharing STD's.

I must ask though, did you not go beyond the perimeters of Leith as a young buck? First eggy and now radge and gadge. And you thought they were Leith hings? Radge is fae the gypsies. It was common all over the North East of England and the South tae East Central Scotland. Now its nationwide.

jimtom

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Radge is now a common word all over Britain because of a shite TV show called 'Geordie Shore'. Don't watch it as its only about pricks and slags getting drunk, shagging, pissin themselves and sharing STD's.

I must ask though, did you not go beyond the perimeters of Leith as a young buck? First eggy and now radge and gadge. And you thought they were Leith hings? Radge is fae the gypsies. It was common all over the North East of England and the South tae East Central Scotland. Now its nationwide.
They never spoke it in Kenya when I was there.Though Kenyans had an annoying word tor hello.Jambo.Dont watch that reality/soap shite and apart from Leith had no radgness contacts or moved in they circles since 1974.

Last edited:

jimtom

Bounce Radge
Reaction score
I think it only right for the politically correct,the unbiased and fair minded people amongst us to mention the Barry gadgies.Maybe Edinburgh's finest
brewers could come up with a Barry gadgies lager.

superbam

Radge Donator
Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Gadgie is a traveller term for non-traveller man I'm pretty sure. Think it's specific to travellers in Scotland and NE England, rather than being a term used by Irish travellers in general.

moathibby

Private Member
Bounce Radge
Reaction score
Barrie is also a word from traveller extraction,when I first heard it at school I thought it was after Barry John who used to be rather good at the egg chasing, but no.

Harp and Castle Visit Dumbreck Decorators
Visit robertsons garage Visit Frutin Travel