• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

Match Updates!: Predictions for Jack Ross?

Green Sleeves

Private Member
Reaction score
He was the safest appointment and has a decent enough track record. Nobody has the stomach for another untried 'name' from England while we're near the bottom.

I can't say I'm looking forward to watching his style of play though. Expect he'll organise us defensively and make us hard to break down.

But the down side is he sets teams up to be cautious and hard to beat and the type of attacking fitba we saw in Perth will be sacrificed.

A lot of Sunderland fans were underwhelmed by the boring football they had to endure under Ross.

Hope I'm proved wrong but my gut instincts say attractive attacking fitba wont be happening any time soon.

I doubt he'll make it into next season as manager.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very difficult to predict as with any new manager, especially one coming in half way through a season...but what I would say is that for me he was the clear and obvious best candidate for the Hibs managers job out of who was available and affordable. I am very pleased we have got him.
I have always been impressed by him and I have a very good feeling that he is going to be an excellent manager for Hibs.
This season for me..with the squad of players he has inherited, he just has to get the team organised and harder to beat. He will definately wheel and deal in January with a few players going out on loan and a few coming in, and we just have to hope that it's enough to get a top 6 finish because if we achieve that from where we currently are and given the damage that has been done already this season..he will have done very well. He won't mess about next summer IMO. From next summer on I expect to see a changing of the guard on the pitch and a long overdue building from the back policy implemented. His St Mirren team scored lots of goals in the Championship, so I have no fears whatsoever about an ultra-cautious approach tactically. If he is given a chance, and also if he is given sufficient backing from the club I am confident we can achieve a lot in the next few years. It may take sometime though for Ross to fully implement his style on the team and IMO that will be for next season.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I thought his St Mirren team was actually pretty good, I dont think hes about being as cautious and as safe as you make out.

If he gets the players on his side and the fans, winner, winner, chicken dinner. If he draws lots of squiggles on an etch a sketch he's going to fail. ?

He was the safest appointment and has a decent enough track record. Nobody has the stomach for another untried 'name' from England while we're near the bottom.

I can't say I'm looking forward to watching his style of play though. Expect he'll organise us defensively and make us hard to break down.

But the down side is he sets teams up to be cautious and hard to beat and the type of attacking fitba we saw in Perth will be sacrificed.

A lot of Sunderland fans were underwhelmed by the boring football they had to endure under Ross.

Hope I'm proved wrong but my gut instincts say attractive attacking fitba wont be happening any time soon.

I understand his teams prior to Sunderland were attack minded..certainly Saints fans loved the football they were playing under him. I wonder if he regrets being more pragmatic at Sunderland.

I'm also cautiously optimistic..I think the Board if they have anything about them would have stressed the type of football the fans want to see. More dour tactics would be disastrous so I think we'll see a more positive set up..we seem much better on the front foot to my eyes anyway so it would suit us.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

You see it how i see it. For me and the description of his set up it's got the makings of Hecky 2.0.

Hope I'm wrong and we see an exciting brand of football.

Opinions eh.. on the other hand, some Sunderland fans are gutted he's away

You see it how i see it. For me and the description of his set up it's got the makings of Hecky 2.0.

Hope I'm wrong and we see an exciting brand of football.
Think your wrong.

Think your wrong.

Hope so dude only time will tell.

I think we will do well under him and I’m actually looking forward to img to ER on Saturday for the first time since probably start of august

In fairness...Hes not that safe an option.
Never managed in top flight.

We have went from having a failed championship manager....To a failed League 1 manager!

So lets hope it work out this time.

Manager compensation must be fair draining our finances.

I am hoping he will play with two up front, free flowing attacking football but making us stronger at the back, to bring back the days where the fans were enjoying and seeing a team that excites us and isn't scared of anyone.

If he goes out and attack’s on Saturday we will win, go defensive,with the Squad we have, I feel we will lose, Motherwell play with width and we have not done well defending crosses into our box, the same set up as Perth is the minimum requirement.

I'm not convinced he will do well. But, he seems thorough and organised.

I'd like to read an interview with Dylan McGeouch saying why he's going to succeed. That would help.

What eckmf said.

I had a stint editing the Alloa Advertiser when he was the manager through there, the sports guy on the paper couldnt sing his praises highly enough saying that even though Ross had a bad start there was no doubt he was going to achieve things with Alloa and he was destined for great things, he liked him as a person too, good to talk to about football, good ideas etc. So as a result I kept an eye on him. Sure enough did well following the poor start, got the move to St, Mirren, started poorly and ended up doing well. This is the thing that slightly worries me, he doesnt seem to hit the ground running (unless he did down south, I cant recall) and I worry that we could be stranded if it takes him three months to get the team playing his way. I think he is the right appointment, but wish it had been a bit earlier - having said that it wasnt that long ago that he was emptied by Sunderland so maybe he couldnt have been here earlier. He is the guy I wanted to replace the Yorkshireman, but then I was happy when Butcher got the job so what do I know!

This thread has been viewed 1198 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50