• Guest, The HibeesBounce invites you to enter our Monthly Draw...

Enter our Monthly Draw Here

GGTTH

• hibeesbounce

New manager

I'd sack him now but that's irrational I know. However, him and his players will need to produce quickly.

I'm not sure it is irrational. The signs were there last season that the football he prefers will be dire to watch, but he had that unbeaten league run that he's still living of with some fans. I do think if we hadn't won at Tynecastle as well that more fans would be seeing what's actually going on. Signings dreadful, style of play horrible, we won't beat the old firm because he won't try and attack them even at home.

If we want to get back on track, Heckingbottom needs to go because he's not the man who is capable of making us a top four team IMO.

You ken when your desperately kicking a guy down when your replying to your own post.
I say it as I see it . Wish I had your seemingly endless confidence

I say it as I see it . Wish I had your seemingly endless confidence

How long would it take for you to turn on Shaw? 3-4 games maybe.

How long would it take for you to turn on Shaw? 3-4 games maybe.
Doidge has been involved in 8/9 games now and shown me nothing to suggest he will score many goals . If I was going to “turn”on Ollie , I think I would have done it by now . He’ll (Ollie) probably hardly get a game anyway , seeing as Doidge is one of Hecks boys , bit like Newell ?
Be happy to be proved wrong though ?

Doidge has been involved in 8/9 games now and shown me nothing to suggest he will score many goals . If I was going to “turn”on Ollie , I think I would have done it by now . He’ll (Ollie) probably hardly get a game anyway , seeing as Doidge is one of Hecks boys , bit like Newell ?
Be happy to be proved wrong though ?

I've only been to one game , Doidge missed an utter sitter but neatly set up our winner . That's all the opinion I can have so far

I've only been to one game , Doidge missed an utter sitter but neatly set up our winner . That's all the opinion I can have so far
Time will tell Daz , we might possibly not have lot of that . On the other hand , who knows , if he is the preferred lone striker , he’ll need a few more than ten for the season ?

Doidge won't hit 4 league goals this season. I guarantee that. Can't believe we have paid 300k for an ex Wales basketball player. Deffo not a footballer anyway.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Guarantee?
Big words. We'll see

Guarantee?
Big words. We'll see
Yep.

So many people constantly puting lower leagues in England including the championship on some kind of pedastool. Aberdeen went down to England last year and took Burnley all they way, who happened to finish 7thbin the prem that year.

This is a fair enough point but there’s a massive spread in quality within the span you’re describing. I watched forest Green and Bristol city a few times each last season and Hibs ought to beat the former fairly easily but would 7 out of 10 times get their arses handed to them by BC.

Personally I think the game is stronger in Scotland than many English players anticipate, but more than quality it’s the tempo and, to be honest, the amount of cheating and physical gamesmanship.

Doidge’s position will be one of the hardest to adjust into and it’s definitely a step up. He’s also being asked to play on his own in a struggling team. Maybe it’ll prove beyond him but given a fair crack I think he’s got a good chance of being a success and it certainly won’t help if the fans get on his back.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to the Bolton thing, they were in total disarray, players not even being paid, going on strike etc.

You occasionally get a diamond in non league or lower league football in England but my view is if you’re going to be a top 4 team in Scotland it’s unlikely you will get one from there who will have an immediate impact.

I live in Crawley in West Sussex and sometimes go and watch League 2 Crawley Town.

Last season Mark Connolly had his second spell playing for Crawley and during his 2 spells he’s been a great player for them. In between his 2 spells at Crawley he made 36 appearances for Kilmarnock and is now doing pretty well at Dundee United.

Last Saturday Crawley were at home to big spending Salford City. Crawley dominated and comfortably won 2-0.

Adam Rooney was playing for Salford and whilst I thought he looked very fit he hardly got a kick and was substituted before an hour. Do people think he would still do a job in the SPFL?

Also playing for Salford was Richie Towell. He was neat and tidy in midfield but nowhere strong enough to cope with Crawley’s midfield.

I’ve seen some pretty decent players at Crawley but none of them have gone on to play EPL or make a big impact in the SPFL.

So maybe that tells a story!

A convincing win v morton will make up for a heavy defeat. The players need to up their own game as well as the manager.
nah Jmon. A convincing win V Morton doesnae come near to making up for that. That was fucking Malmo!
what would make up for it? Winning the League Cup!

3 strikes and you're out I say. Number 1 just occurred at Ibrox, another debacle like that then Heck goes on a final warning. Squad is suffering from injuries, but that's nothing new.

Time will tell Daz , we might possibly not have lot of that . On the other hand , who knows , if he is the preferred lone striker , he’ll need a few more than ten for the season ?

Hopefully He and Flo will play most games , if not its down to the manager if goals dont come as lone strikers dont seem to score for us very often

You occasionally get a diamond in non league or lower league football in England but my view is if you’re going to be a top 4 team in Scotland it’s unlikely you will get one from there who will have an immediate impact.

I live in Crawley in West Sussex and sometimes go and watch League 2 Crawley Town.

Last season Mark Connolly had his second spell playing for Crawley and during his 2 spells he’s been a great player for them. In between his 2 spells at Crawley he made 36 appearances for Kilmarnock and is now doing pretty well at Dundee United.

Last Saturday Crawley were at home to big spending Salford City. Crawley dominated and comfortably won 2-0.

Adam Rooney was playing for Salford and whilst I thought he looked very fit he hardly got a kick and was substituted before an hour. Do people think he would still do a job in the SPFL?

Also playing for Salford was Richie Towell. He was neat and tidy in midfield but nowhere strong enough to cope with Crawley’s midfield.

I’ve seen some pretty decent players at Crawley but none of them have gone on to play EPL or make a big impact in the SPFL.

Balance that with how many Scottish players make it at a decent level in england , two of our best players Allan and Mallon certainly didn't .It's hard to work out sometimes

Hopefully He and Flo will play most games , if not its down to the manager if goals dont come as lone strikers dont seem to score for us very often
Correct , except in all games played so far he hasn’t went with two very often ?

Correct , except in all games played so far he hasn’t went with two very often ?

Which hasn't exactly been a massive success :(

I find it worrying that Heckingbottom brought in NO Scottish players.

I'd have taken Shankland over Doidge any day of the week!

Which hasn't exactly been a massive success :(
Just have to see if he’s for changing , he seems to be one who sticks to his guns , i.e. starting Newell when he constantly contributes heehaw ?

Just have to see if he’s for changing , he seems to be one who sticks to his guns , i.e. starting Newell when he constantly contributes heehaw ?
Anyway hows it gawn , any holidays coming

Aye hopefully Middleton has been signed to play rather than sit and watch as was often the case with Lennon

I find it worrying that Heckingbottom brought in NO Scottish players.

I'd have taken Shankland over Doidge any day of the week!
Same, You need players that understand this league, too many come up here and think it’ll be a walk in the park.

nah Jmon. A convincing win V Morton doesnae come near to making up for that. That was fucking Malmo!
what would make up for it? Winning the League Cup!
Going by the pre season games against lower league it’ll be anything but easy although it should be against a poor Morton side.

Going by the pre season games against lower league it’ll be anything but easy although it should be against a poor Morton side.
Morton beat Alloa 4-1 at the weekend.

Bet Crawley on the strength of youR 1st paragraph, BTTS and Walsall win Currently 3-1 CRAWLY.

Morton beat Alloa 4-1 at the weekend.
Yup id expect us to beat both those sides comfortably

This thread has been viewed 6096 times.

Your donation helps pay for our dedicated server and software support renewals. We really do appreciate it!
Goal
£100.00
Earned
£47.50
Back