Longbangers episodes

It's been a busy day for Hibs as we announced two signings, Jacob Devaney and Colton Swan (who'll arrive at the club in December). We discuss how the squad is shaping up, the ambitions of the owner, and then turn our attention to a huge game on Thursday.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Come on Colin sort your stream 👀😡
We’re trying with it - it’s not Colin’s side that’s the issue, we moved platform and the provider is trying to fix the issue at their side but essentially it struggles with iPhones, we’ve seen it with a couple of guys on the phone in as well.
There’s an ongoing case with their technical team trying to resolve it. It only affects the live broadcast, if you have a subscription we are able to (and do) publish the whole episode glitch free afterwards.

It’s really frustrating, I appreciate that, it is for us as well and we’re doing what we can to sort it.
 
We look at the tactics behind HIbs' 0-0 draw with Gent, setting up a huge night this Thursday at Easter Road with both sides looking to progress to the Conference League.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.


Audio issues are resolved as well.
 
Hibernian stand on the brink of history with the opportunity to progress to league-stage European football on Thursday night when we face Gent in front of a sold-out Easter Road. It promises to be a huge night, before that we get the thoughts of Hibs fans.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Hibs again miss out on the Conference League with a late gut-punch, this time from Belgian side, Gent. As you'd expect, the disappointment has sparked a big reaction, we're here to discuss it.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Hibs bounced back from the Conference League defeat with a great display at Dundee, the highlight of the 1-2 victory being the debut of Jacob Devaney. We're here to cover the big Hibs talking points.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Any thoughts on replacing John? You and Colin keep it moving but easier with 3? He looked pretty down recently, hope he's ok.
 
Any thoughts on replacing John? You and Colin keep it moving but easier with 3? He looked pretty down recently, hope he's ok.
He’s fine, just other priorities needing his focus at the moment, thanks for asking.

We’re not planning on replacing John as things stand, we’ll have the two of us as permanent hosts and we’ll take the opportunity to invite different panellists as we go.
 
He’s fine, just other priorities needing his focus at the moment, thanks for asking.

We’re not planning on replacing John as things stand, we’ll have the two of us as permanent hosts and we’ll take the opportunity to invite different panellists as we go.
John will be a miss. He's part of the Longbangers furniture, and compliments you and Colin. Hope the lad is back soon.
 
We had some technical issues last night so by way of thanks for your patience, here’s this week’s subscriber only episode of Extra Time - our Derby preview, on us.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
We’re back with another xG Files as Craig sets out Devaney’s impact on Hibs’ performance to beat Dundee.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
A shambolic first half from Hibs saw Hearts win the first Edinburgh derby of the Scottish Premiership season. Hibs got their act together to get back in to the game before another mental red card in the fixture. We look at Gray's role in another derby disaster.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
01:29 into this 47:02 episode and Matty asks why 20 mins into the game Gray didn't change it.

What I've been asking non stop since last night.

I'm more incredulous than even last night that Gray waited until half time 0-2 down.

It really was unbelievably inexcusable shocking management from Gray to wait until HT.
 
John will be a miss. He's part of the Longbangers furniture, and compliments you and Colin. Hope the lad is back soon.
He was a really good listen, infuriating at times with his reluctance to criticise anything Hibs but also refreshing to have an alternative (usually positive) viewpoint. He seemed a bit more pissed off in his last few episodes though!
 
Ep383 Inexcusable - Inept Hibs Pathetic in Perth

Pressure mounts on David Gray after a woeful defeat to St Johnstone. What next for the Hibs manager?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Any thoughts on replacing John? You and Colin keep it moving but easier with 3? He looked pretty down recently, hope he's ok.
The reason I gave for leaving Longbangers that Matty communicated to listeners is that I have increasing demands on my time. I contemplated carrying on as time allowed until those demands were reduced, however I’d been considering my position for over a year and reached the end of my rope in ‘The 4 O’Clock Show’ two Fridays ago. The podcast and everything surrounding it (Twitter, WhatsApp Community, Group Chats) had become an increasingly demotivating, isolating and exhausting experience for me.

In fairness to Matty and Colin, I’ve had two spells I recall where they picked up the slack when I needed to take a step back for a bit. The first time was when the demands of trying to be a (mature) student, husband, new dad, football supporter, gym goer and podcaster became too much for me to sustain and I needed to re-evaluate my priorities. The second was when I was beginning treatment for Crohn’s and going through a tricky part of my degree. However, it hasn’t been a one-way street, flexibility and commitment have been key parts of Longbangers success. For example, we continued to put out content over the summer because Matty wanted to satisfy the YouTube algorithm, we adjusted when we recorded Extra Time because Colin had football runs to do every other Monday or one of us were otherwise unavailable aka suffering from dysentery. My notes suggest there was a third break around April 2025 however I can’t remember the reasons for it.

I’ve outlined in a couple of places how I support Hibs. I’ve written about it for Longbangers and I’ve offered justification for the answers I’ve provided on Longbangers by referencing it however it’s possible I’ve never described it on The Bounce before because I haven’t been active user in a long time so I include it here only to address the frustration HibeeKev describes about my reluctance to criticize anything Hibs.

Broadly speaking, I support Hibs the way I did when I was told I was a Hibs supporter and given my first Hibs strip (P&D Windows). I spent a long time wanting to see my team but being unable to because money was tight and my parents divorced after moving to Livingston so it wasn’t until I was around 16 and able to go by my own means that I was able to go regularly. In the meantime, I was usually the only Hibby in my Primary School and High School classes in Mid Calder, West Calder and Deans through the late 80s to the late 90s where it seemed like doings from the Old Firm were commonplace and we wound up relegated. Oh, and my Mum took up with a jambo to add complication to an already difficult childhood. Defending Hibs is pretty much ingrained in me. They are simply my team, I hold a lot of affection for the players that play for Hibs and I enjoy going to Easter Road. Perhaps if I’d gone to Easter Road more regularly than the 3 games my dad took me to against Brechin (1989), St Johnstone (1993) and Aberdeen (1998) I would have become more familiar with the criticism and abuse that the club and players experience and be more comfortable handing it out myself. However, I wasn’t and I’m not so often I don’t. Am I disappointed by a defeat? Of course. I simply hope that next week it might be better. And then maybe we’ll go on a run and challenge for the cup or the league. There will be someone salivating over the prospect of pointing out that that’s the definition of accepting mediocrity, but I have zero influence over how Hibs perform and I don’t think that would change if I swung the pendulum to the opposite side. I’d probably just feel a bit more shit.

In addition, I don’t think I’m qualified to offer much in the way of criticism of a club official. I have avoided answering questions because I don’t feel qualified to answer them and have deferred to Matty and Colin because they’ve occupied senior positions during their career and I’ve not. I did offer some criticism in my ‘An Exhibstential Crisis’ 2-part article that I wrote for Longbangers where I queried the managerial churn and appointment of Malky Mackay and contrasted this with my experience of being a Hibs supporter. I’m happy to share this with anyone who is interested but is not a subscriber. When it comes to criticizing a footballer, I try and apply what I think is a bit of empathy when a pass goes astray, a shot goes awry or they lunge into a challenge and get booked or sent off. While not playing remotely close to the level Sallinger and Co are playing at, I have had stinkers and done stinking things while playing.

Incidentally, I recall getting pulled up for questioning the role David Marshall was appointed to after he hung up the gloves so there’s been an overarching feel during my time on Longbangers that I was damned if I did and damned if I didn’t. It’s not been an entirely bleak experience and there have been compliments too. I had a friend tell me and a stranger approach me at Easter Road to tell me they were glad I was back on (following my Crohn’s treatment) because they’d stopped listening when it was just Matty and Colin and hadn’t laughed while listening when I wasn’t on. Other compliments and well wishes are on this thread and another on Hibs.net and some came in the immediate aftermath of my abrupt departure two weeks ago.

What I think is worth pointing out is that I was never in it for either. When criticism came my way, I used it on a couple of occasions to improve what I was doing and other times it hurt a bit. When praise came my way, I shrugged it off because I’m not comfortable accepting compliments.

At the start of this post I mentioned how demotivating, isolating and exhausting appearing on Longbangers had become. In April 2025 I confided in a mate and a listener that “I’d been struggling to get myself up for Longbangers for a while and I didn’t miss it” and that “What started as a laugh has begun to feel like a chore”. Additionally, I noted “The Montgomery period was really challenging for me. Every episode felt like a losing battle of “How’s John going to justify not sacking him this week?””. While walking away from the Gent game, I was asked something about when Longbangers would be talking about the Gent game and I mentioned that I was thinking about packing it in due to some new commitments I have. At the derby, that same person remarked how I looked like I had a weight on my shoulders when they last saw me knowing the shit that was about to come my way. They also noted that lately, I’d been getting interrupted more and I’d be asked questions but would be cut off before having the opportunity to speak.

‘The 4 O’Clock Show’, originally The Preview Show, was intended to be a quick 20 minutes to satisfy the algorithm and chew over the possible lineup we’d see on Saturday or Sunday. One of my new commitments on Friday’s is doing the school run and then taking my daughter to a dance class that finishes just before we record at 4pm. I didn’t think we could discuss the disappointment of the Gent game in the detail required but I was pressed on it and I shared my thoughts and feelings. While this was going on, my daughter came through from the kitchen to the living room and wanted to see who I was talking to, so I was holding her back which was upsetting her so I could protect her privacy from YouTube. Disappointed by the result, pressed on something I didn’t think we could really do justice, distracted by my commitments at home, frustrated at what felt like not being heard for the umpteenth time, I probably made a total *&*^ of it – or as a poster on Hibs.net put it “John tries too hard to be an uber-Hibs apologist”. The contrast of that message is an anonymous one forwarded by a mate that read “I thought John was excellent this evening”.

Hibs are poor right now. Results are disappointing. I hope it gets better. A couple of weeks ago I suggested that it was inevitable that David Gray would be sacked due to the strength of feeling I was reading and seeing. I think that was my attempt not to be drawn on sacking him or suggesting he should be given more time. I recall another observation about my podcast appearances that I’d sit on the fence when asked questions. Upon reflection, I wonder if that was a subconscious or deliberate attempt to avoid the scrutiny and interrogation of being expected to defend my position yet again. That's not why I got involved in Longbangers 7 years ago.

There are other reasons I’ve left. The podcast was not mine and I never treated it as such, however you don’t put the time and effort into the podcast that I did and not feel an attachment to it.

I don’t think the recent switch to Riverside.fm was successful and equipment choices made the live recording challenging. Suggested changes and improvements were rejected.

I think the generative AI image being used to promote the phone-in isn’t representative of the tone of the phone in or the podcast generally.

I don’t understand how the generative AI image being used that simply doesn’t look like me was published.

I’m happy to be called a hypocrite because I benefitted from subscriber payments, ad revenue and other endorsements including chasing up Matty for final payment recently however we were churning out content to satisfy an algorithm rather than providing listeners and subscribers value for money.

TL;DR I was a dick on a podcast, trying to have a laugh, amusing myself with silly introductions whose desire was “talking shite about Hibs, not talking about how shite Hibs are”.
 
Last edited:
The reason I gave for leaving Longbangers that Matty communicated to listeners is that I have increasing demands on my time. I contemplated carrying on as time allowed until those demands were reduced, however I’d been considering my position for over a year and reached the end of my rope in ‘The 4 O’Clock Show’ two Fridays ago. The podcast and everything surrounding it (Twitter, WhatsApp Community, Group Chats) had become an increasingly demotivating, isolating and exhausting experience for me.

In fairness to Matty and Colin, I’ve had two spells I recall where they picked up the slack when I needed to take a step back for a bit. The first time was when the demands of trying to be a (mature) student, husband, new dad, football supporter, gym goer and podcaster became too much for me to sustain and I needed to re-evaluate my priorities. The second was when I was beginning treatment for Crohn’s and going through a tricky part of my degree. However, it hasn’t been a one-way street, flexibility and commitment have been key parts of Longbangers success. For example, we continued to put out content over the summer because Matty wanted to satisfy the YouTube algorithm, we adjusted when we recorded Extra Time because Colin had football runs to do every other Monday or one of us were otherwise unavailable aka suffering from dysentery. My notes suggest there was a third break around April 2025 however I can’t remember the reasons for it.

I’ve outlined in a couple of places how I support Hibs. I’ve written about it for Longbangers and I’ve offered justification for the answers I’ve provided on Longbangers by referencing it however it’s possible I’ve never described it on The Bounce before because I haven’t been active user in a long time so I include it here only to address the frustration HibeeKev describes about my reluctance to criticize anything Hibs.

Broadly speaking, I support Hibs the way I did when I was told I was a Hibs supporter and given my first Hibs strip (P&D Windows). I spent a long time wanting to see my team but being unable to because money was tight and my parents divorced after moving to Livingston so it wasn’t until I was around 16 and able to go by my own means that I was able to go regularly. In the meantime, I was usually the only Hibby in my Primary School and High School classes in Mid Calder, West Calder and Deans through the late 80s to the late 90s where it seemed like doings from the Old Firm were commonplace and we wound up relegated. Oh, and my Mum took up with a jambo to add complication to an already difficult childhood. Defending Hibs is pretty much ingrained in me. They are simply my team, I hold a lot of affection for the players that play for Hibs and I enjoy going to Easter Road. Perhaps if I’d gone to Easter Road more regularly than the 3 games my dad took me to against Brechin (1989), St Johnstone (1993) and Aberdeen (1998) I would have become more familiar with the criticism and abuse that the club and players experience and be more comfortable handing it out myself. However, I wasn’t and I’m not so often I don’t. Am I disappointed by a defeat? Of course. I simply hope that next week it might be better. And then maybe we’ll go on a run and challenge for the cup or the league. There will be someone salivating over the prospect of pointing out that that’s the definition of accepting mediocrity, but I have zero influence over how Hibs perform and I don’t think that would change if I swung the pendulum to the opposite side. I’d probably just feel a bit more shit.

In addition, I don’t think I’m qualified to offer much in the way of criticism of a club official. I have avoided answering questions because I don’t feel qualified to answer them and have deferred to Matty and Colin because they’ve occupied senior positions during their career and I’ve not. I did offer some criticism in my ‘An Exhibstential Crisis’ 2-part article that I wrote for Longbangers where I queried the managerial churn and appointment of Malky Mackay and contrasted this with my experience of being a Hibs supporter. I’m happy to share this with anyone who is interested but is not a subscriber. When it comes to criticizing a footballer, I try and apply what I think is a bit of empathy when a pass goes astray, a shot goes awry or they lunge into a challenge and get booked or sent off. While not playing remotely close to the level Sallinger and Co are playing at, I have had stinkers and done stinking things while playing.

Incidentally, I recall getting pulled up for questioning the role David Marshall was appointed to after he hung up the gloves so there’s been an overarching feel during my time on Longbangers that I was damned if I did and damned if I didn’t. It’s not been an entirely bleak experience and there have been compliments too. I had a friend tell me and a stranger approach me at Easter Road to tell me they were glad I was back on (following my Crohn’s treatment) because they’d stopped listening when it was just Matty and Colin and hadn’t laughed while listening when I wasn’t on. Other compliments and well wishes are on this thread and another on Hibs.net and some came in the immediate aftermath of my abrupt departure two weeks ago.

What I think is worth pointing out is that I was never in it for either. When criticism came my way, I used it on a couple of occasions to improve what I was doing and other times it hurt a bit. When praise came my way, I shrugged it off because I’m not comfortable accepting compliments.

At the start of this post I mentioned how demotivating, isolating and exhausting appearing on Longbangers had become. In April 2025 I confided in a mate and a listener that “I’d been struggling to get myself up for Longbangers for a while and I didn’t miss it” and that “What started as a laugh has begun to feel like a chore”. Additionally, I noted “The Montgomery period was really challenging for me. Every episode felt like a losing battle of “How’s John going to justify not sacking him this week?””. While walking away from the Gent game, I was asked something about when Longbangers would be talking about the Gent game and I mentioned that I was thinking about packing it in due to some new commitments I have. At the derby, that same person remarked how I looked like I had a weight on my shoulders when they last saw me knowing the shit that was about to come my way. They also noted that lately, I’d been getting interrupted more and I’d be asked questions but would be cut off before having the opportunity to speak.

‘The 4 O’Clock Show’, originally The Preview Show, was intended to be a quick 20 minutes to satisfy the algorithm and chew over the possible lineup we’d see on Saturday or Sunday. One of my new commitments on Friday’s is doing the school run and then taking my daughter to a dance class that finishes just before we record at 4pm. I didn’t think we could discuss the disappointment of the Gent game in the detail required but I was pressed on it and I shared my thoughts and feelings. While this was going on, my daughter came through from the kitchen to the living room and wanted to see who I was talking to, so I was holding her back which was upsetting her so I could protect her privacy from YouTube. Disappointed by the result, pressed on something I didn’t think we could really do justice, distracted by my commitments at home, frustrated at what felt like not being heard for the umpteenth time, I probably made a total *&*^ of it – or as a poster on Hibs.net put it “John tries too hard to be an uber-Hibs apologist”. The contrast of that message is an anonymous one forwarded by a mate that read “I thought John was excellent this evening”.

Hibs are poor right now. Results are disappointing. I hope it gets better. A couple of weeks ago I suggested that it was inevitable that David Gray would be sacked due to the strength of feeling I was reading and seeing. I think that was my attempt not to be drawn on sacking him or suggesting he should be given more time. I recall another observation about my podcast appearances that I’d sit on the fence when asked questions. Upon reflection, I wonder if that was a subconscious or deliberate attempt to avoid the scrutiny and interrogation of being expected to defend my position yet again. That's not why I got involved in Longbangers 7 years ago.

There are other reasons I’ve left. The podcast was not mine and I never treated it as such, however you don’t put the time and effort into the podcast that I did and not feel an attachment to it.

I don’t think the recent switch to Riverside.fm was successful and equipment choices made the live recording challenging. Suggested changes and improvements were rejected.

I think the generative AI image being used to promote the phone-in isn’t representative of the tone of the phone in or the podcast generally.

I don’t understand how the generative AI image being used that simply doesn’t look like me was published.

I’m happy to be called a hypocrite because I benefitted from subscriber payments, ad revenue and other endorsements including chasing up Matty for final payment recently however we were churning out content to satisfy an algorithm rather than providing listeners and subscribers value for money.

TL;DR I was a dick on a podcast, trying to have a laugh, amusing myself with silly introductions whose desire was “talking shite about Hibs, not talking about how shite Hibs are”.
I've definitely got a bit more cynical and moany about Hibs as I've got older so I appreciate that there are plenty of Hibs fans who are more optimistic and less critical than me. I've had various spells where I have been disillusioned with the club and tend to not attend so much when the football is shite. The club would be in bother if everyone behaved the same as me so I, for one, am very grateful to the die-hards and optimists.

Also, I'd imagine it's very difficult to remain truly objective and not contradict yourself sometimes too. My view can be influenced and changed by other posters online posts etc so I'd imagine it must be particularly tiring/grating to be tied to one specific position or view that is then captured on video for all time!

I've only started watching Hibs podcasts recently, I've not really found one that has been overtly critical of the club so I don't think you were the odd man out there. Anyway, well done for doing it for so long with all your other obligations, hopefully you can get back to enjoying your football.
 
Thanks John, certainly long but I read every word. I remember the episode where it was obvious a child had approached you. Felt for you there and that was my first inkling you'd had enough.
The internet eh? What a blessing and disaster it's been. Made folk, destroyed others and everything in between.
I'm an old fucker now pretty hardened to what life and keyboard warriors throw but I gave up a YouTube channel because of the comments. Not them all by any means and not because I was emotionally hurt by any of them but just because I could no longer stomach the sheer infantile drivel from grown adults.
Some may have noticed I'll never join in the infantile joking about people's appearance 🤷
Excuse the ramble, just trying to empathise. Take care John and hope your health sorts itself out.
 
Thanks John, certainly long but I read every word. I remember the episode where it was obvious a child had approached you. Felt for you there and that was my first inkling you'd had enough.
The internet eh? What a blessing and disaster it's been. Made folk, destroyed others and everything in between.
I'm an old fucker now pretty hardened to what life and keyboard warriors throw but I gave up a YouTube channel because of the comments. Not them all by any means and not because I was emotionally hurt by any of them but just because I could no longer stomach the sheer infantile drivel from grown adults.
Some may have noticed I'll never join in the infantile joking about people's appearance 🤷
Excuse the ramble, just trying to empathise. Take care John and hope your health sorts itself out.
Good post.
The guy has done the right thing for himself.
I’ve commented on your appearance in the past, as you may remember, and can well understand your reluctance to comment on others.
 
Hibs looked like two different teams in one match, and the result was a confused performance that left more questions than answers. Matty and Colin are joined by tactical analyst Craig to unpack why the press broke down, why the midfield never quite clicked, and why David Gray’s side seemed caught between a high-energy front-foot plan and a low-block counterattacking setup.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Hibs looked like two different teams in one match, and the result was a confused performance that left more questions than answers. Matty and Colin are joined by tactical analyst Craig to unpack why the press broke down, why the midfield never quite clicked, and why David Gray’s side seemed caught between a high-energy front-foot plan and a low-block counterattacking setup.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I really wish that Eddie Turnbull had still been alive to have seen this sort of stuff. I'll leave his hypothetical, heavenly thoughts and reactions, for others to contemplate and consider. I have.

BIG G
 
Hibs looked like two different teams in one match, and the result was a confused performance that left more questions than answers. Matty and Colin are joined by tactical analyst Craig to unpack why the press broke down, why the midfield never quite clicked, and why David Gray’s side seemed caught between a high-energy front-foot plan and a low-block counterattacking setup.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

High energy… did you guys go to the game?

Fcuk me it’s the first time ld say players have given up under Dave . A truly pathetic performance.
 
High energy… did you guys go to the game?

Fcuk me it’s the first time ld say players have given up under Dave . A truly pathetic performance.
It was a reference to Lowe chasing the ball while others didn’t join it, so it didn’t work.

No question that it was a pathetic performance, completely agree with that.
 
It’s a cracking phone in this week as the
callers focus on Hibs’ transfer window and the pressure on Gray going into the Ross County game.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Malky Mackay has put out his Hibs transfer window round-up, we give our thoughts and look ahead to Hibernian's Premier Sports Cup tie with Ross County tomorrow.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Hibs are heading to Hampden with a derby showdown with Hearts in the Premier Sports Cup. We look back at the win at Ross County, ahead to the visit of Kilmarnock, and discuss that Cup Derby draw!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Hibs have sacked David Gray, we get fan reaction to the news and their thoughts on who’s to blame for the situation.
Edit : this version has the sound issues fixed:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Last edited:
Hibs have sacked David Gray, we get fan reaction to the news and their thoughts on who’s to blame for the situation.
Edit : this version has the sound issues fixed:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

2 Ian's were on form last night.
THEE Ian, I want Scott Brown he'll knock the players into shape and take no 💩 fi Malky. Or St J Simo.

The other Ian.
We need to go for somebody who has managed Celtic, rangeRs, Them or Aberdeen.
So Matty says who would that be.
Ian, Steve Clark 🤷‍♂️.
 
Colin and Matty are back to discuss David Gray's dismissal in the wake of Tuesday's defeat to Kilmarnock. We'll look back at his time overall and discuss who will and won't be next in the hot seat at Easter Road.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Colin and Matty discuss Hibs' draw with Aberdeen and look at one of the names rumoured to be in the frame to replace David Gray - Karel Gerearts.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
We're joined by Craig Nisbet to discuss David Gray (and John Potter's) tactical choices and how they impacted results leading to SDG's departure.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Hibs announce Marink Reedijk as the new First Team Manager, a bold appointment to follow in David Gray's footsteps. We get fan opinion on the phone in!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Firstly I'd like to welcome our new manager Marink Reedijk and wish him all the success in the world. Got to admit hadn't heard of him so apart from the interview know nothing about him.
Concerns, he seems to say all the right things a lot of it we've heard from his predecessors..Hibs big club, steeped in history, great facilities, backing behind the scenes, bring sunshine in Leith.
Obviously and intelligent guy but we're no looking for O levels here we're looking for a dynamic manager who can make this squad of players perform better, get results and hopefully do it with a bit of flair.
His hardest job probably won't be on the pitch but in the stands. His comments about getting behind each other when things are going against us.Well he might have control of that with the players but he's very nieve if he thinks the fans will be the 12th man when we go a goal behind because there has been zero evidence of that lately. Outside the derby and old firm the atmosphere at ER is shit so he'd better hit the ground running or the boos will start I just pray he doesn't sit in the dug out with a lap top.
It just looks like Maloney who wanted to revolutionise Hibs and failed miserably, not entirely his fault he never got the backing or the time to carry it through,again based on results and players being outside their comfort zone and not being able to adapt.
Don't get me wrong I am excited about this guy and if he walks the walk then we are in for exciting times and if we play more fluid exciting football then maybe just maybe we'll put our phones down get up off our seats and get right behind the team.
I'm 💯 % behind him and hope he gets the time and patience to guide this team to success this season. GGTTH.
 
Matty and Colin are back with the 4 O'Clock Hibs Show to discuss the new First Team Manager, Marink Reedijk.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
The OTHER IAN is fast becoming the most annoying tnuc on this podcast. Every fkn week he rudely butts in when someone is in full flow and has the cheek to say sorry to interrupt. Stick a fkn Mars Bar in yer mouth until Matty asks you for your opinion.

I fear the day that it's the 2 Ian's & Joe. There will be an XG to see who can interrupt the most.

Also quoting the new gaffer "Even if losing there will still be Sunshine On Leith"

Well he never fkn said that.

Everyone else was worth a listen.
 
Hibs are in La Manga with the new Manager taking training for the first time, and is a former Rangers winger about to join?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
We're back with the phone in, and we'll be getting your first impressions on Marink Reedijk, plus Martin Boyle has been given a testimonial - what are your thoughts on Hibs' iconic talisman?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Colin and Matty are back to discuss Martin Boyle as Hibs' Starman gets set for a testimonial! Plus early thoughts on Marink Reedijk as Hibs come back from La Manga!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
 
Do Hibs have the squad depth to give Marink Reedijk a great start in his time in charge? We look position by position and discuss is options, plus we blind rank 7 Hibs managers from this century. Where would you rate them?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.